Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Again Everyone - I haven't been posting, but have been reading and keeping up with the case. I haven't posted because I really haven't had anything new to share...until now. I have a theory and I need to get it out of my head and hear your thoughts.

I would like to go back to when the FB for Morgan was first started. Only a few weeks (possibly even less than that) there was a very strange and detailed post or scenario, actually, by a man. Many of you will know exactly who I am speaking of. (I am not sure if I should post his intials or not...so I won't.) I have been going through his post with a fine tooth comb and have noticed something that I think might be important.

He said that after picking her up - they talked for an hour and then stopped to get something to eat. My theory is that he picked her up on the bridge and offered to take her to JMU - that would be about an hour ride. Then they got something to eat.

He goes on to say he talked her into ice cream. I think this could be where the crime occurred. He says that he made advances on her and she resisted - even fought back. I think that it became violent and Morgan was harmed, perhaps even killed.

He then makes what I think is a very telling statement. He says he took her home. I believe he was referencing Charlottesville...and not his actual home. This makes more sense if they were not in Charlottesville, but rather in Harrisonburg.

I think it is important to note that the person who wrote that post lives between JPJ and the farm. He lives about six miles from the farm. He is an avid sports fan and UVA basketball fan. There was practice that night as we know so it is possible that he was there for the practice or hoping to talk to team players.

I have other thoughts...but I'll stop for now and get your thoughts. Thanks for listening...well, reading.

I hope the person already has an arrest record or has been recently arrested and there can be some concrete evidence to prove what happened.
I read all the theory's about partying..her friends not being on the ball, them not alerting police, no one sounding the alarm until Mr. Harrington called,the car, the keys, the lock out no reentry, the sightings,no video, the cell phone, the number of people arriving, the number of people riding, the distance from where she was supposed to be, the place she was found, the lovely bones,Gil's birthday...and since this all happened in my back yard I feel very close two, and to want closure for her family...
The way her parent's love was so evident...(no cruises 4 them) and how much they missed her really mades me hope beyond hope that the person or persons responsible are brought to justice ,so no one else around here need suffer the loss of their child...Justice for Morgan..

Hello Again Everyone - I haven't been posting, but have been reading and keeping up with the case. I haven't posted because I really haven't had anything new to share...until now. I have a theory and I need to get it out of my head and hear your thoughts.

I would like to go back to when the FB for Morgan was first started. Only a few weeks (possibly even less than that) there was a very strange and detailed post or scenario, actually, by a man. Many of you will know exactly who I am speaking of. (I am not sure if I should post his intials or not...so I won't.) I have been going through his post with a fine tooth comb and have noticed something that I think might be important.

He said that after picking her up - they talked for an hour and then stopped to get something to eat. My theory is that he picked her up on the bridge and offered to take her to JMU - that would be about an hour ride. Then they got something to eat.

He goes on to say he talked her into ice cream. I think this could be where the crime occurred. He says that he made advances on her and she resisted - even fought back. I think that it became violent and Morgan was harmed, perhaps even killed.

He then makes what I think is a very telling statement. He says he took her home. I believe he was referencing Charlottesville...and not his actual home. This makes more sense if they were not in Charlottesville, but rather in Harrisonburg.

I think it is important to note that the person who wrote that post lives between JPJ and the farm. He lives about six miles from the farm. He is an avid sports fan and UVA basketball fan. There was practice that night as we know so it is possible that he was there for the practice or hoping to talk to team players.

I have other thoughts...but I'll stop for now and get your thoughts. Thanks for listening...well, reading.

Can you post the entire comment? Did he know her? Was he a stranger? I never believed the hitchhiking thing and think she was meeting up with someone she knew.

Glad you are back S.A.M.!

Yes I do remember that post and all the talk about this one person. Brings back up some very interesting points!

Sorry if this has already been posted

Medical examiner: Morgan Harrington death a homicide
By Rex Bowman | The Roanoke Times
The Office of the Chief Medical Examiner in Richmond has determined that Morgan Harrington's death was a homicide. The office said it currently has no further information to share about how she was killed.

Harrington disappeared Oct. 17 from a Metallica concert she was attending in Charlottesville. Her body was found Jan. 26 in an Albemarle County hayfield about 10 miles south of where she was last seen.

The medical examiner's office finding rules out the possibility that Harrington, 20, wandered away from Charlottesville and died of exposure.
http://www.roanoke.com/news/breaking/wb/235165

Can you post the entire comment? Did he know her? Was he a stranger? I never believed the hitchhiking thing and think she was meeting up with someone she knew.

Not sure about posting the entire post. I don't think he knew her. I also don't think she was hitch hiking. I think she was either going to or coming back from the bank and he saw her and stopped to see if she was okay. He looked safe - she talked to him and he made it seem okay to ride with him. He looked like a nice safe guy...reminds me of how Ted Bundy lured his victims.

sounds like this guy is young and cute, or a father figure.....even if drunk, she would still have some sort of judgement as to who picked her up on the bridge (if that happened), or she knew of a party at a house and met the guy (young, cute). to me, its one of the 2 profiles. i still think he has
definite knowledge of the farm somehow, wasn't random. there is a connection somewhere in his present or past.
bluestarzzz

I still have a feeling that Morgan left JPJ either with someone she knew or a friend of a friend.... I don't think she had the numbers of people in charlottesville but I think she called/texted someone who agreed to have someone meet her and provide a ride ... she had a plan for leaving JPJ ... she had some time to waste so she walked to the bank and 7-11 then headed back to the bridge for the meet ...

The early pressers where family and SP were so sure that she was with someone she knew ...

Yes, I believe she was seen hitchhiking on the bridge but I believe that she recognized a car/driver and stuck out her thumb as a funny gesture....

I think she left the area with this POI, she died, POI returned her purse and phone to JPJ to make it look like she was snatched there.

I think it may have been a couple of days before her body was placed at the farm because the weather on that night was not conducive to traipsing around carrying a body.

First of all, my heart goes out to Morgan's family and friends. What a tragic ending. I've followed the case here since the start, as I am a local and this really grabbed me.

I was out of town and away from the internet for a week and heard about Morgan being found in a small blurb in USA Today, and since my return have been reading here to catch up. I've read it all, and have just a few thoughts.

Thanks SAM (I think) for the reminder about the early weird post...I hope LE has looked at him (and the Clue man) thoroughly. Recall that weird poster also started elaborately documenting his scouting travels a few weeks beforehand, up to and including the date of the Metallica concert, though he makes several errors in his mileage/time calculations at times (which I've posted about before and could again if anyone wants), and he doesn't cover for himself at 9:30 and onward that night.

Here's one other thought, prompted by someone's posting (P7Byrd?) of the aerial photos of the site where her body was found. Some labels that were superimposed included things like "lake overflowed?" which made me wonder if it was possible the body's final resting place was not its initial spot, but that it floated down-creek after being dumped somewhere up stream (perhaps close to a key residence). I don't even know if that would be physically possible, but I just played golf on a course that had been hammered by rain in Arizona for a week, and there were dead fish all over one sidewalk, so maybe that's something to at least consider (and I don't think as far fetched as dropped from an airplane :).

The first significant snowfall in Charlottesville was December 22nd, iirc, and there have been rains and another dumping of snow since. It's snowing now, in fact, on top of the 4" or so that remain from last weekend. It's really kind of a miracle her body was found.

But so sad...(

Glad you're back Prof! I was wondering where you were! I always enjoy reading your posts!

I've been trying to find those posts regarding the 'scout'. If you have them handy could you maybe put the links to those posts...Or maybe at least one or two so that the new folks posting can see what we're talking about?

I remember you did a really fantastic job sorting out his time/mileage!

TIA!

Morgan Dana Harrington

11948672-1_231106.jpg
The world has lost it's best hugger. The incomparable Morgan Dana Harrington was torn from us on October 17, 2009. Morgan, age 20, was a shiny, loving, beautiful original. She was very much loved by her family, her friends, and her community, which has now expanded to include much of the world. We cherish the time we had with Morgan and are grateful for the breadth and variety of experiences we were able to share in her tragically abbreviated life.
Morgan was born on July 24, 1989 in Charlottesville, Virginia and died there in October 2009. She was an avid music fan, a champion of children's rights, and planned a career in education.
To recognize some of Morgan's passions we ask that, in lieu of flowers, gifts to honor Morgan's memory be made to the Morgan Dana Harrington Memorial Scholarship at the Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine or to OMNI Orphan Medical Network International, an organization that provides medical care in Africa. Scholarship donations may be mailed to : Virginia Tech, Attn: Gift Accounting, University Development (0336)Blacksburg, Virginia 24061, and OMNI donations to 6930 Empire Lane Roanoke, Virginia 24018.
Our reconfigured family, Dan, Gil, and Alex plan on honoring Morgan with a Mass 3:30 p.m. Friday, February 5, 2010 at St. Andrew's Catholic Church. A reception to celebrate Morgan's life will follow at the Hotel Roanoke.
We are grief stricken by her death but also lifted by the knowledge that Morgan Dana Harrington was precious to so many and will not be forgotten. She mattered to us all.
http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/roanoke/obituary.aspx?n=morgan-dana-harrington&pid=139276815

Has their been any information from the Harrington's regarding information told to them by LE?
Wish we knew more...wish it had never happened.

First of all, my heart goes out to Morgan's family and friends. What a tragic ending. I've followed the case here since the start, as I am a local and this really grabbed me.

I was out of town and away from the internet for a week and heard about Morgan being found in a small blurb in USA Today, and since my return have been reading here to catch up. I've read it all, and have just a few thoughts.

Thanks SAM (I think) for the reminder about the early weird post...I hope LE has looked at him (and the Clue man) thoroughly. Recall that weird poster also started elaborately documenting his scouting travels a few weeks beforehand, up to and including the date of the Metallica concert, though he makes several errors in his mileage/time calculations at times (which I've posted about before and could again if anyone wants), and he doesn't cover for himself at 9:30 and onward that night.

Here's one other thought, prompted by someone's posting (P7Byrd?) of the aerial photos of the site where her body was found. Some labels that were superimposed included things like "lake overflowed?" which made me wonder if it was possible the body's final resting place was not its initial spot, but that it floated down-creek after being dumped somewhere up stream (perhaps close to a key residence). I don't even know if that would be physically possible, but I just played golf on a course that had been hammered by rain in Arizona for a week, and there were dead fish all over one sidewalk, so maybe that's something to at least consider (and I don't think as far fetched as dropped from an airplane :).

The first significant snowfall in Charlottesville was December 22nd, iirc, and there have been rains and another dumping of snow since. It's snowing now, in fact, on top of the 4" or so that remain from last weekend. It's really kind of a miracle her body was found.

But so sad...(
I agree it is a miracle her body was found. I am so grateful that it was; for I can't imagine the pain Dr. and Mrs. Harrington and Alex have experienced.

Fox 27 just reported that when they called the ME, they were told that nothing has been released as to COD.

I hope they can find the COD that could be a big step in finding out what happened.

Parties not going on at the farm? You Tube the farm. The videos were probably at the old house on the hill.

Sorry, for my "code talk". But, I thought it would be picked up by one of you. Ya'll are sure good.

Not sure about posting the entire post. I don't think he knew her. I also don't think she was hitch hiking. I think she was either going to or coming back from the bank and he saw her and stopped to see if she was okay. He looked safe - she talked to him and he made it seem okay to ride with him. He looked like a nice safe guy...reminds me of how Ted Bundy lured his victims.

Looking at his site, his last "scouting" update was 1/15. He also had one on 1/5. It should've been time for another one, unless of course, he's been a little pre-occupied the last week or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther