Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think as far as the friends stories they have told LE and LE has asked them to be quiet about it. No way LE would buy the jumble we have seen reported. I think maybe friends thought Morgan was with a BF and just went ahead with their owns plans so as not to mess up Morgan's "date".

If thinking of Anchorage Farm as an odd location, it occurred to me that if the ex-BF is the perp, maybe this was the place he and Morgan went on a first date or very special date, or something that stuck out in his mind. If an unknown perp, then that unknown perp would have to have been on the property more than once.

All of this is just my thoughts of the moment, head spinning in circles, ha!

For what it's worth, a lot of roads in the area actually don't show up on GPS. The road I live on does not. (I live about 15 miles east of the location). I just updated my TomTom maps and some roads still do not show up....and really, you don't just wander around here....they definitely would have needed a truck/SUV (imo), to take that type of terrain...I avoid certain roads due to having a regular car.

Does anyone recall, early in the case, that Dr. Harrington worked in C-ville? Like many years ago?

I am just wondering if the family is familiar with the area of the farm. If there could be any connection.

I know that he has stated that she didn't know anyone in the area, but a lot of things have been misstated along the way. (I don't know if misstated is the term that I am looking for.)

I don't think that she knew her attacker. I believe that this was random, but there is so many possibilities to consider.

If I recall correctly, the family lived in c'ville until 10 years ago and MH's brother attended UVA, graduating in 2008 (or 2009, from memory). And, as someone has pointed out here previously, many students from JMU, VaTech, UVa, VCU, and so on know each other from high school, random travels, or social networking sites.

The lack of confirmed (or released) phone calls or texts after 8:48, other than text(s) to a male "60 miles away" makes me wonder if indeed it was random hitchhiking. Also, hard for me to believe LE would specify she was hitching if it wasn't actually the case (much as I think that hitching is stupid and from what family/friends say, out of character for MH), as they (LE) have been so selective in what they reveal...

Anybody else here been over to the find morgan site and see the you tube video of the small three member band performing at Anchorage Farm in probably Dec. '09 ?? To me the band and "audience" don't seem weird or anything but I had no idea it had been confirmed that bands performed at Anchorage farm(even a tiny performance like this one!)

Anybody else here been over to the find morgan site and see the you tube video of the small three member band performing at Anchorage Farm in probably Dec. '09 ?? To me the band and "audience" don't seem weird or anything but I had no idea it had been confirmed that bands performed at Anchorage farm(even a tiny performance like this one!)

I had seen that video. If they had been playing there recently, then possibly there is still a significant amount of locals that frequent the farm. Still some partying happening there.

Here's what I'm wondering: do the owners have any kids or young adults? Could be a friend that used to visit there and knew the terrain.

I wish there were pics of everyone...I don't know if anyone remembers, but there was a sighting of an hispanic male following her two car lengths behind while she was walking away from JPJ arena (legitimate, personally known source). It was reported.

I still think we're looking for a hispanic-looking male around 5'10. Do any of the friends of the owners of Anchorage Farm or their kid's friends fit that????

I saw it stated somewhere that the farm owners daughter lives on the property. What about any boyfriends or ex-boyfriends she may have had.

The latest issue of the Hook states that until last June, the daughter's house had been rented to UVA graduate students.

Here's what I'm wondering: do the owners have any kids or young adults? Could be a friend that used to visit there and knew the terrain.

I wish there were pics of everyone...I don't know if anyone remembers, but there was a sighting of an hispanic male following her two car lengths behind while she was walking away from JPJ arena (legitimate, personally known source). It was reported.

I still think we're looking for a hispanic-looking male around 5'10. Do any of the friends of the owners of Anchorage Farm or their kid's friends fit that????

does anyone have link to this report dont remember it?

My thoughts on this are as follows...If EH has been locked behind juvey walls for the past 4 or so years, he hasn't really been FBing or social networking with anyone. Could explain why he doesn't have blabs all over the internet. No?

Sorry if this is nit picking but it looks like EHs first conviction was in July 2006 which is less than four years ago from today. He also has a fail to register from the late summer/early fall 2008. I would assume failing to register is not an issue if you are locked up. So I'm thinking he must have been out by midsummer 2008 (probably a little before). So I’m thinking he must have done less than four years.

What truly baffles me is the 2008 charge, is this a new offense or just an additional charge tacked on from the original offense. If it was a new offense then what in the HELL was this guy doing on the streets a little more than a year later to possibly be involved in the MH case.....if he turns out the be the guy who did this then this will stir up a [beep] storm, and rightfully so. I mean if two violent sex CONVICTIONS in two years isn't enough to get you off the streets for more than a year then why the hell do we even have prisons.

Where did this rape that EH was convicted of take place? Possibly the same area of land that Morgan was found or in the rental house at a party? Lt. Rader said there was a reason this area was chosen under extreme stress.

Where did this rape that EH was convicted of take place? Possibly the same area of land that Morgan was found or in the rental house at a party? Lt. Rader said there was a reason this area was chosen under extreme stress.

I had wondered this earlier. I even asked if any of the "super" sleuthers could uncover any sort of media coverage of the initial conviction. Unfortunately, due to the age, I doubt anything conclusive could be searched and found. But you'd think a teenage rapist would have made the papers on 2006.

I had wondered this earlier. I even asked if any of the "super" sleuthers could uncover any sort of media coverage of the initial conviction. Unfortunately, due to the age, I doubt anything conclusive could be searched and found. But you'd think a teenage rapist would have made the papers on 2006.

And we would not want to re victimize the victim either. I'm sure there is nothing in the papers etc about the location it happened. I think only LE, the victim and EH know where it happened. Too bad this is a question that will never be answered unless a local can remember others speaking about it when it happened.

Mine too.

I understand what you're saying, but I have a hard time believing they left her behind, not knowing what happened to her, driving her car home; and if I recall the timeline correctly, it was the Harringtons calling the friends the next day asking for Morgan. If that's correct, then why weren't the friends trying to find her? They were certainly sober by then. If it weren't for the study session she'd set up with her father, Lord knows how long it would have been before she'd been reported missing.

Which tells me those friends are either incredibly shallow and ... well... stupid, or they knew (or were led to believe) Morgan was with someone she knew and felt safe.

it was posted in some of the earlier threads by more than one person who claimed to know people who knew Morgan or knew the family, that Morgan was sort of adventurous and possibly a little erratic and it was not unheard of for her to kind of disappear when out somewhere with her friends and then turn up later or the next day. I have no idea at all if this is accurate information or not, but if it is it would be another explanation for the lack of urgency. (P.S. I have had friends like this so I understand)

It also seems to be a good possibility that Morgan was fairly intoxicated and I’m willing to bet it’s at least 50/50 that her friend was not 100% either. So I don't know if you've ever been involved in one of these types of conversations, but thinking back in the day I don't remember them as being very constructive so jimo it's hard for me to be judgmental of how the situation went down.

In addition while LE is not always perfect I tend to think they are competent and they I’m sure have thoroughly interviewed these kids and vetted them, and it is obvious (to me at least) from what LE has been saying in the last day or two (and all along) that they are looking in a different direction.

Sorry if this is nit picking but it looks like EHs first conviction was in July 2006 which is less than four years ago from today. He also has a fail to register from the late summer/early fall 2008. I would assume failing to register is not an issue if you are locked up. So I'm thinking he must have been out by midsummer 2008 (probably a little before). So I’m thinking he must have done less than four years.

What truly baffles me is the 2008 charge, is this a new offense or just an additional charge tacked on from the original offense. If it was a new offense then what in the HELL was this guy doing on the streets a little more than a year later to possibly be involved in the MH case.....if he turns out the be the guy who did this then this will stir up a [beep] storm, and rightfully so. I mean if two violent sex CONVICTIONS in two years isn't enough to get you off the streets for more than a year then why the hell do we even have prisons.

My guess for his light sentencing is that he was charged as a juvenile.

For what it's worth, a lot of roads in the area actually don't show up on GPS. The road I live on does not. (I live about 15 miles east of the location). I just updated my TomTom maps and some roads still do not show up....and really, you don't just wander around here....they definitely would have needed a truck/SUV (imo), to take that type of terrain...I avoid certain roads due to having a regular car.

Agreed.

Another reason I think this person knew the area:
When all this was going down, the perp had a dead (or dying) girl in his vehicle- a HIGHLY STRESSFUL moment- I don't believe he would be able to drive around, looking at a GPS (and probably in the dark).

My opinion is he HAD to know the area.

This isn't a place you would just stumble upon- that would more likely be closer to a main road.

does anyone have link to this report dont remember it?

If I remember correctly - it wasn't a hispanic male following her...

According to a "witness" who was in the parking lot waiting for her son and grandson, I believe. This person supposedly saw what she deemed to be an argument between a blond girl and what she believed to be a Hispanic male.

This "witness" said she even said something to the couple...something to the effect of don't do anything tonight that you will be sorry for tomorrow.

If it is a hispanic male, it could fall around a landscaper's son who works with his father close to subdivisions or various farms in the area

And I've said it before!

If I remember correctly - it wasn't a hispanic male following her...

According to a "witness" who was in the parking lot waiting for her son and grandson, I believe. This person supposedly saw what she deemed to be an argument between a blond girl and what she believed to be a Hispanic male.

This "witness" said she even said something to the couple...something to the effect of don't do anything tonight that you will be sorry for tomorrow.

This is all from memory, but I don't recall associating anything other than [white] male "who it seemed knew the woman he was arguing with" (paraphrase) from the grandmother's account, but the limo driver (who is known by a poster on here, iirc) is who stated seeing someone fitting MH's description being followed two, then one, car lengths behind her by a Hispanic male, near the UHall/R.V. parking lots or the bridge (I don't recall specifics).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rosebud79922