GUILTY VA - Noah Thomas, 5, Pulaski County, 22 March 2015 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking it was some poorly built septic system that was located under the house and maybe they looked under the trailer but not thoroughly.The child could have died from the fumes.

This is what I find frustrating. Do the discrepencies in the timeline represent poor reporting, rumors, or changes in the mother's story? This is about the 3rd or 4th version of events as reported in the news.

"At a press conference on Thursday morning, Davis clarified additional information regarding the timeline on the morning Noah disappeared. According to Davis, when Noah's mother, Ashley Jennifer White, 31, returned from dropping off Noah's father Paul Raymond Thomas, 32, at work, the mother stayed awake until 8 or 8:15 a.m., and then laid down to take a nap. It was previously reported that the mother last saw the son at 7 a.m.

Noah was in school on Friday, and video surveillance shows the family out in public on Saturday evening, Davis said. White and Thomas are Noah’s biological parents, according to Anthony Akers, assistant county administrator for Pulaski County.

“We have family statements, and their timeline, and we have that to work with. Noah was alive and well on the evening before,” Davis said earlier Thursday."

http://www.roanoke.com/news/local/p...cle_fb880b36-441c-5918-b9e1-6043ec810c94.html
So no one outside the family saw him in public after their Saturday night outing?

Again, check the google. One little girl stepped just right on the lid, it flipped open and back again, looking as if it had not been disturbed. Someone just happened to see her disappear into the ground. There are plenty of stories of accidents involving septics.

Which is why I was wondering if this was a rental property. Most likely, if I had to guess. Or possibly a property owned by a relative, who allowed them to live there. I question that because I wonder too about the upkeep on the property, when the tank was last serviced, how old the system is (perhaps before more childproof safety measures were required?). I find it a bit odd that someone said the tank was underneath the trailer. It's required to be a certain distance from the home and incoming water supply. If it WAS under the trailer, then that tells me whoever placed it (and the home) wasn't too careful about safety and upkeep. JMO

There is a "clean out " that is normally right under neath a mobile home. Usually a 4" PVC pipe. Then that would lead to a "holding tank" which is not very big. This is the one that is accessible and is under ground 1-2 feet. And this is what you would pump out if your septic system needed a pump out. No child could have lifted that lid, you have to have a very strong person and a shovel or a metal poker thing to open. If they were having issue, it may have been exposed/open.

Once the holding tank gets full, (there is a little floater thing in there) it gets pumped to the bigger septic tank or drain field or what ever septic system is used in that area.

Hope that helps with some of the questions on septic systems.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

@kodyleibowitz: (1/2) Family of #NoahThomas tell me they're "completely devastated, no 5 year old deserves this". Thanks community http://t.co/stEXWgtWWE

@kodyleibowitz: (2/2) for continuous support. We'll hear from them tonight @ABC13News at 7.

I know everyone is jumping to the conclusion of the mother or parents being involved here, but there are other possibilities if this was not a tragic accident. One is the neighbor who lives so close to the septic tank, for instance. There could be others who knew it was there, too. If Noah had been wandering around outside and abducted by someone nearby...they would have the same chance as the mother or parents of getting caught putting him there.

I have not seen anyone on Websleuths accusing anyone in particular at all!!

I know everyone is jumping to the conclusion of the mother or parents being involved here, but there are other possibilities if this was not a tragic accident. One is the neighbor who lives so close to the septic tank, for instance. There could be others who knew it was there, too. If Noah had been wandering around outside and abducted by someone nearby...they would have the same chance as the mother or parents of getting caught putting him there.

I've gone off on some people on FB. They are just despicable.

If kids falling into septic tanks is so common, then hopefully the sheriff will explain why that possibility wasn't explored! Instead of being so surly to the media and the public, maybe he can send out a warning about the danger of septic tanks! The very cooperative parents can help with that message....like public service....

So could the septic tank have been the one for the other house on the property?

I'm still not able to put the blame on the parents. We shall see, but I just don't believe it this time.

Poor Noah. I hope he had a life of fun and adventure.

There is a "clean out " that is normally right under neath a mobile home. Usually a 4" PVC pipe. Then that would lead to a "holding tank" which is not very big. This is the one that is accessible and is under ground 1-2 feet. And this is what you would pump out if your septic system needed a pump out. No child could have lifted that lid, you have to have a very strong person and a shovel or a metal poker thing to open. If they were having issue, it may have been exposed/open.

Once the holding tank gets full, (there is a little floater thing in there) it gets pumped to the bigger septic tank or drain field or what ever septic system is used in that area.

There were maybe 3 stories about kids dying in septic tanks worldwide and a lot more stories about adults overcome by fumes in sewer systems. That happened to 2 workers in the tiny town next to mine. No, I don't think that there are many accidents where kids die in septic tanks. Some stories were about abandoned uncovered wells and removed septic tanks. Not the same thing.

I have not seen anyone on Websleuths accusing anyone in particular at all!!
I wasn't exactly talking about here. ;) I have been reading all the things on other sites and getting quite tired of their tunnel vision. Just trying to open up the options to consider.

@kodyleibowitz: (1/2) Family of #NoahThomas tell me they're "completely devastated, no 5 year old deserves this". Thanks community http://t.co/stEXWgtWWE

@kodyleibowitz: (2/2) for continuous support. We'll hear from them tonight @ABC13News at 7.

BBM, and I'm not casting stones at the family, but am I the only one that gets a check whenever the word "deserves" is used in a tragic context? It just always seems so out of place and makes me wonder what state of mind triggers that word. Who would ever think ANY 5 year old's death, or frankly any unexpected tragedy, was deserved?

Thanks so much for this. Is this similar to what you have explained?

http://www.vdwws.com/faqs/standard-septic-system/

standard-septic-system-diagram.png

There were maybe 3 stories about kids dying in septic tanks worldwide and a lot more stories about adults overcome by fumes in sewer systems. That happened to 2 workers in the tiny town next to mine. No, I don't think that there are many accidents where kids die in septic tanks. Some stories were about abandoned uncovered wells and removed septic tanks. Not the same thing.

http://www.septicprotector.com/deathpage.html

https://www.google.com/search?q=child+falls+into+septic+tank&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

http://inspectapedia.com/septic/Septic_Tank_Safety.htm

What a tragic ending. Hopefully the autopsy will answer some questions. Also, or will know how the septic tank was when they got there.
Musing too, if the lid was off the septic tank with the trailer over it, wouldn't the smell in and around the trailer be unbearable?

Having had a septic tank before, I know that you are advised to add large amounts of baking soda to the tank from time to time. We always added ours by flushing the baking soda down the toilet.

But perhaps the occupant removed the cover to add the baking soda?

Unless the septic tank was always left in a way so that a small child could fall in...it just seems like a horrible string of coincidences that Mom takes a nap, Noah goes outside, and ends up in septic tank. A lot for me take in. Yes, possible, but overall people are generally much more careful and aware now, then when Baby Jessica fell into the well some 30 or so years ago, Imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther