GUILTY VA - Noah Thomas, 5, Pulaski County, 22 March 2015 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a "clean out " that is normally right under neath a mobile home. Usually a 4" PVC pipe. Then that would lead to a "holding tank" which is not very big. This is the one that is accessible and is under ground 1-2 feet. And this is what you would pump out if your septic system needed a pump out. No child could have lifted that lid, you have to have a very strong person and a shovel or a metal poker thing to open. If they were having issue, it may have been exposed/open.

Once the holding tank gets full, (there is a little floater thing in there) it gets pumped to the bigger septic tank or drain field or what ever septic system is used in that area.

Hope that helps with some of the questions on septic systems.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info.

Link to state regulations; includes tables with minimum separation distances between structures. http://www.vdh.virginia.gov/Environ...gulations/documents/2012/pdf/12 VAC 5 610.pdf

From that article:

According to previous statements, Noah was last seen on Sunday morning watching cartoons around 8 or 8:15 a.m. by his mother. His mother then went to take a nap with their infant child and awoke around 10:35 to see that Noah was missing.

Am I reading that right? Mom was asleep for TWO HOURS?!? I havent folllwed to closely because of the type of case this is, I can't handle hoping for a little one to come home and then it ending badly. Easier for me to come in after its all said and done and then look at what's happening. But I'm sorry, and I hope I don't get a time out for this, but taking a two hour nap while your five year old is awake is NEGLIGENT. :maddening::maddening::maddening:

Somebody made a good post on the news site. Was the septic covered because if it was, there is no way he could have gotten the cover back on.

Somebody made a good post on the news site. Was the septic covered because if it was, there is no way he could have gotten the cover back on.

I said it myself up-thread. This is so baffling.

From that article:

Am I reading that right? Mom was asleep for TWO HOURS?!? I havent folllwed to closely because of the type of case this is, I can't handle hoping for a little one to come home and then it ending badly. Easier for me to come in after its all said and done and then look at what's happening. But I'm sorry, and I hope I don't get a time out for this, but taking a two hour nap while your five year old is awake is NEGLIGENT. :maddening::maddening::maddening:

Or one hour. Or three hours. It seems to depend on the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The boy that I referenced earlier, who did die in a septic tank accidentally, apparently lifted the lid, squatted down on the edge to look at what was inside, and lost his balance and the lid clanged down over the septic tank after he fell in. It's a freak, freak accident, but there were enough nice, normal people right there on the property when this happened that would have made it impossible to murder the child and throw him in the tank. It's just like . . . bloop . . . and the child is gone and irrecoverable. In this earlier case, they were looking for him within about 3 minutes of when he must have gone into the tank and it took days to discover him in there.

Or one hour. Or three hours. It seems to depend on the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am not a perfect parent by any means, I'm still figuring it all out, but I can't fathom being asleep that long with a child that age(actually I can't fathom sleeping at all while a young child is up in your home). I know five year olds can play in a room on their own, but, you should always be ALERT when watching a child and within earshot of what is happening. I haven't seen proof or anything clearly pointing to this being done on purpose, however, negligence is a crime. I get accidents can and do happen, but, when you are not aware of what your child is doing because you are asleep?!? I just can't even get over this right now. And sorry if this has been hashed to death, when he first went missing I looked at his pic and that was it so I didn't delve into the details!

Thank you so much for these links. I knew I had heard about another 5 year old dying from falling in a septic tank but I couldn't remember where I had heard it. This is actually my local news link.

http://www.wsaz.com/home/headlines/Child-Dies-After-Falling-into-Septic-Tank-263325031.html

The aunt says the septic tank lid was covering it before Alexis fell in. She says pieces of the lid were found inside, which makes them believe it broke while Alexis was standing on it.

I have been offline all day and saw this sad news on my FB feed. I have been reading and trying to catch back up. I do think I will stay off the FB page for now due to what I have been reading on here about what people are saying. People can be so cruel. I hope this was an accident. I guess we will all find out soon. Rest in peace, sweet Noah.

[emoji175] [emoji120] [emoji120] [emoji72]

Sent from my celery phone using Tapatalk.

Again I post this article, it is possible to fall into a septic and have the lid fall back over the hole. I'm not saying that's what happened here, but it is possible.

When the child unwittingly stepped on the lid of the septic tank, it flipped over and she vanished from sight. Then the lid flipped back into place.

Parman’s grown son, Michael Durrant, 30, saw the lid pop up and quickly ran to help. When he peered into the hole, Abbey was putting her swimming lessons to good use, keeping her self afloat in the muck, which was several feet deep.

http://www.nj.com/hunterdon-county-...ank_in_tewksbury_family_warns_of_dangers.html

Oh no this is horrible. I turned on NG and when she was acting as if he was just at this moment possibly being found, I knew he already had been. And the septic tank...how sad. I've seen a lot of crumbling or broken lids on septic tanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member