GUILTY VA - Noah Thomas, 5, Pulaski County, 22 March 2015 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm wondering what his mother or father told police. If he was strangled or beaten wouldn't that have shown in the autopsy?

LOL thread closed before I could edit my comment so bringing over:

my orig response:

What I wanted to add ^^ Not sure if 4 months is a normal length of time for setting the Preliminary Hearing date, but it possible that it was set that far ahead giving time for the Tox results to get back. But, I honestly think its probably a normal length of time. Maybe someone from the area knows or knows how to look up cases to eyeball dockets :) or point in direction I don't mind eyeballing ;)

Yes, that is pretty normal. The dockets (and jails) are overflowing so the current norm seems to be a quick video arraignment and then a lengthy period of time before prelims. If no bail is set they try to shorten that period as much as possible but time must still be allowed for both sides to prepare.
I don't think that these 2 will ever go to trial over the current charges. IMO, they filed what they could prove to hold them until Noah's cause of death is determined and charges can be upgraded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I encourage you all to visit the Facebook page for little Noah. The people that did know him are sharing their memories. It is bittersweet knowing he is gone but some of the stories are just precious.

May I trouble you for a link please, Tallula.Belle, and thank you for the heads up with your impressions.

I need to post this before I go to bed. Someone posted something on the last thread that I can't stop thinking about- about listening to the details for Noah. So often it is so hard to hear the details. The horror of it makes you want to turn away or turn it off or tune it out. The thing is, when a "story" with real watered down facts is so horrible, then imagine what it was like actually living it. As an adult, I can barely handle to hear the things that happen to children, but this little child had to actually live through it! I am going to try my best to sit through all of the details and not turn away from any of them. It will be my way to honor and support Noah with what he went through. If he had to physically be there, I can be strong enough to hear his story. I want to feel like he is being validated and has someone standing next to him, for once in his life. Those who should have protected him failed him and he was all alone. He was. He was all alone and put inside of a cr** box. I will hear his story in his honor and give him the compassion and support he should have had in life. I am so sorry you had to experience that, Noah. You saw a side of evil that most of us will luckily never see in our entire lives.

I'm not even sure I am making sense in writing, but in my own head, I know what I mean!

I know exactly what you mean. I actually tried writing something similar, but couldn't figure out how to do it, without prompting certain labels to be used such as grief *advertiser censored*, wanting to enjoy this over dinner, etc. Truly disgusting.

Noah's parents had a voice and made decisions for both of their children. Now the parents will have even stronger voices through attorneys as Noah lies silently in a cold grave, all alone. As hard as it is to be here now and read some of the posts, I know it will just get worse. It would be so easy just to go look at home decorating sites (something fun) and push this away. All of this to say, I will be reading along and will be there for Noah.

Here for Noah - not the parents.

Just checking in on the new thread for little Noah. As I get ready to celebrate Easter with my babies, I will take a moment to remember Noah and his little sister.

I have been reading the Facebook page and the ladies who run the page are sharing stories of their time with Noah. I found myself smiling as I read along. The lady TS, who lived in the White House on the property, certainly appears to have loved little Noah, including him in all their families activities.

Such a loss to all that knew and loved him.

I encourage you all to visit the Facebook page for little Noah. The people that did know him are sharing their memories. It is bittersweet knowing he is gone but some of the stories are just precious.

How sweet - :tears::rose:

Wondering if the husband was at all a "handy man" type.
Only asking as my husband would have no clue that septic tank could even be opened...he would think that someone from the city or county would have to do it. We had to call to shut off our water last year, having no clue that there was a main cut-off valve by the curb...
But maybe people in rural areas all know they can open them? Seriously, I have no idea, have never lived any place that had them.

Wondering if the husband was at all a "handy man" type.
Only asking as my husband would have no clue that septic tank could even be opened...he would think that someone from the city or county would have to do it. We had to call to shut off our water last year, having no clue that there was a main cut-off valve by the curb...
But maybe people in rural areas all know they can open them? Seriously, I have no idea, have never lived any place that had them.

How handy would one have to be to pry open that particular lid, has that actually been shared?

Can someone help out my interpretation? As I am reading it, it appears as if neither parent actually had an attorney as of this mornings hearing, correct? AW seemed to think the same one that was helping them while Noah was missing would represent her with these charges. (I wonder if he volunteered his services to them, while he was thought to be missing). And PT seemed to think he had one, but that person has not responded to MSM and was not at the hearing. Did anyone else get that from the articles?

One of the reporters tweeted that they will have retained attorneys. Can't remember the name of the reporter, though.

How handy would one have to be to pry open that particular lid, has that actually been shared?

I remember reading (or maybe hearing in the interview with the sanitation worker) that those lids have 6-8 (10?) bolts and require "a tool" to remove but idk if they meant a special tool or just a generic screwdriver that everyone would have laying around.

I don't want to sound too cheesy or dramatic here but as I sat and folded my children's laundry early this morning as I waited for them to wake up, I thought and planned our day ahead. I thought of the egg hunt we are going to do today and of the birthday party tonight, Easter baskets tomorrow, dinner at grandma's, etc. I usually take the early morning to center myself before the chaos strikes. But all of my thoughts have been overshadowed by a sincere grief for sweet little Noah. His childhood was ended far too soon and at the hands of the people who had only job that mattered- to protect him from harm. I don't know why this case is hitting me so hard. Maybe the spiderman boots that mirror a pair my three year old worships or if it is his age and smile and that he shares an exact birthday with my own 5 year old girl. Noah did leave good here though. We are all a little more patient and a little more loving in his honor. RIP sweet boy.

I remember reading (or maybe hearing in the interview with the sanitation worker) that those lids have 6-8 (10?) bolts and require "a tool" to remove but idk if they meant a special tool or just a generic screwdriver that everyone would have laying around.

Have any of the previously known or current residents provided a precise description anywhere?

I don't want to sound too cheesy or dramatic here but as I sat and folded my children's laundry early this morning as I waited for them to wake up, I thought and planned our day ahead. I thought of the egg hunt we are going to do today and of the birthday party tonight, Easter baskets tomorrow, dinner at grandma's, etc. I usually take the early morning to center myself before the chaos strikes. But all of my thoughts have been overshadowed by a sincere grief for sweet little Noah. His childhood was ended far too soon and at the hands of the people who had only job that mattered- to protect him from harm. I don't know why this case is hitting me so hard. Maybe the spiderman boots that mirror a pair my three year old worships or if it is his age and smile and that he shares an exact birthday with my own 5 year old girl. Noah did leave good here though. We are all a little more patient and a little more loving in his honor. RIP sweet boy.

Does it matter why exactly you're so sad right now, if it helps save his sister or even one more kid, because people care and think to take better care of their own kids?

Bless you that you feel such sincere grief.

and

A Happy Easter to you and yours

But does everyone know this? I mean, is it common knowledge, I wonder, that a septic tank can be opened fairly easily?

I thought I read somewhere last night that the neighbors weren't aware there was even an infant sister? Does anyone recall this?
After looking at AW's Facebook, I can only assume the parents got into drugs after Noah was a baby. She seemed engaged as a new mom excited with his milestones.

I would have said 4 months seemed right for a pre-trial conference, but prelim? I feel that is because the investigation is ongoing.

The other thing that occurred to me was that "hard and credible tip". The sheriff seemed to downplay it afterward by shifting to a 'more aggressive search". My feeling now is that it may have been a family member - perhaps even PT himself. I am not trying to give him any credit but guilt can have an effect. I thought I read it somewhere as " You NEED to look in the septic tank". In any case I feel that it came from someone who actually knew, thus making it so credible.

Just speculating here, nothing more.

:cow:

The sheriff has said this week, there was no tip.

Honestly, I think it was to rile the parents. Imagine. You put your child in there and think the only person that knows is your spouse. Then a "hard and credible tip" comes in. They were probably losing it, trying to figure out if someone saw something or what happened to make someone give the tip. I think it was really smart of them to say there was a tip.

Noah was found dead in a septic tank on his parents’ property March 26, ending a five-day search that involved dozens of local, state and national agencies. Davis said that no tips or calls led authorities or search and rescue teams to drain the septic tank.

http://www.roanoke.com/news/crime/p...cle_317ae1ed-ccc2-52cc-bb94-0ebfb2e94095.html

But does everyone know this? I mean, is it common knowledge, I wonder, that a septic tank can be opened fairly easily?

My son, who is a great handyman (built an entire tree house type playhouse) says that his septic tank lid is very hard for him to get off. I know from other friends who live in the area he does that have had problems with the septic tank, they had to call a professional.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redhairdontcare