GUILTY VA - Noah Thomas, 5, Pulaski County, 22 March 2015 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
the two guys told the sheriff the lid was ON.............they had popped it off and were checking the tank with two long poles, in re: to the lid they did tell him it popped off like a tupperware lid.........

I meant uncovered as in, not covered by sod/grass/dirt which apparently it was when Courtney's cousin lived there.

Who were they?

they're not identified in the story suzanne :thinking:

i agree with kristi...........i'm thinking probably close neighbors.......it was after the police were there...........

eta.......i don't see them as suspects at all.........it was someone in on the immediate "search" for noah of the surrounding area

i agree with kristi...........i'm thinking probably close neighbors.......it was after the police were there...........

eta.......i don't see them as suspects at all.........it was someone in on the immediate "search" for noah of the surrounding area
Maybe those two guys should be looked into more.I can't wait for all this information to start coming out.

Yes, someone with immediate knowledge that Noah was missing. That's the only thing that makes sense to me.

the two guys told the sheriff the lid was ON.............they had popped it off and were checking the tank with two long poles, in re: to the lid they did tell him it popped off like a tupperware lid.........

Ok, yeah. So the popped off like a tupperware lid--- thats where they kind of lost my faith! But, not wanting to be the septic dummy, I researched and went to septictankcover.net, of course! :) I might still be a dummy, but I havent found aaaaaaaanything that even remotely suggests that septic tank covers would ever be tupperware popping type!! Nothing. here! Look for yourselves! :)

http://www.septictankcovers.net/

Ok, yeah. So the popped off like a tupperware lid--- thats where they kind of lost my faith! But, not wanting to be the septic dummy, I researched and went to septictankcover.net, of course! :) I might still be a dummy, but I havent found aaaaaaaanything that even remotely suggests that septic tank covers would ever be tupperware popping type!! Nothing. here! Look for yourselves! :)

http://www.septictankcovers.net/

Purely speculating here, but I interpreted that remark to mean that it was as easy to open as a piece of Tupperware, not that it literally opened like Tupperware does. Which, if the opening was exposed and it had been recently accessed, it may have opened quite easily.

Reporter is just a tad too dramatic in his "reporting"....
I can not make sense of that article. It feels like a random sentence generator spit most of it out and he tried to make it all fit.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LOL...I agree. I do appreciate that is bothering to really try to track down more of the story, that he is making the calls and getting interviews. I am glad someone is. However, he really should take a basic writing class or have someone proof his posts for him before he publishes them. If he is going to break news in a written report, he needs an editor just like any other writer.
I haven't posted on Noah's thread, but I have followed and read along since day one. I don't want to jump in just to disagree, but I want to say how grateful I am that the reporter is PROVIDING NEW INFORMATION. This is not a published article. This is a Facebook post. The post gave lots of details. Heck, it seemed like it contained more actual information than many MSM articles.
Seriously, this new info was amazing. I don't understand how it's being criticized. I mean, I read hundreds of posts on septic tank lids...with the same information being rehashed. Now there is this new info, and posters are criticism his writing? It's written in a conversational style. It's not MLA or peer reviewed or written as a technical manual.
Is every detail crystal clear? No, of course not. It's FB.
I just have to step in and take up for this reporter. If he's reading here, or if other reporters are reading here, please keep new details coming.
Sorry. Not trying to jump on any posters here. I believe everyone is here for Noah. Thanks to the three posters I quoted, for keeping the threads going and bringing up new ideas and theories.

Going back to try to see if anything new has happened in little Noah's thread. Haven't forgotten him, was just in AJ's thread for the past few days.

At the point where people are talking about trinkets and stuffed animals, etc left on graves. Interesting that I just had this discussion at Easter with my Sister and Mom. My Sister insisted that Grandma's grave needed one of those solar light things and flowers. So they left after eating Easter and went and bought a stupid solar light to put on the grave. Now the flowers I could understand, because it was always a tradition on holidays that after we ate, even as small kids, we all got in the car with Mom and Grandma to visit graveyards, and place flowers for whatever holiday it was. Grandma would have me handpick flowers at Easter, and make arrangements to take. Personally, I haven't not visited my Grandma's grave since she was buried, and just have no intentions of going now. Not something I want or feel the need to do, and no one is going to pressure me into doing it. But I kept asking my sister WHY on the solar light thing, because Grandma can't see it!! She said because other graves had them, and it made it look like no one cared about Grandma. Whatever. I don't care what others think, she was loved, is missed, and a solar light doesn't change that one way or another. A stupid solar light that changes colors.. *rolls eyes* Who is in the cemetery at night to see them? Not the deceased! Still makes no sense to me.

I do have flowers planted when we bury a pet or livestock on the farm. Beautiful daffodils, tulips and hyacinths are blooming now. To me, that's giving back to nature. Their bodies are helping to nurture the flowers, and the flowers help to ward off the winter blues, and remind me that life is renewed, and Spring is here! If rose bushes weren't such a pain to maintain, I'd plant roses with each death. But alas, bulbs work and don't interfere with mowing the rest of the year.

No idea where my though process was going....

No arrests or answers to how Noah ended up in the septic still?? WOW! I felt we'd know something by now. Guess they are still awaiting toxicology results to see if those rumors hold any weight.

Saw mention to of two guys opening the tank before LE did... off to see what THAT's about!

Well here is my thought. Living in a rural area, as they do the dispatch went out over the scanner. In my town, all of the volunteer firefighter always have scanners in their homes and hear every call regardless if it is a wreck or fire. Or in this case missing child. The report said "they thought the landlord had a heart attack" landlord said no but Noah is missing. Then guys start running around looking. Either think about the septic, or see it and think let's check here. I didn't get the impression that these were nefarious characters. Just people trying to help.

I wonder what those 2 metal poles that just happened to be "lying around" by the septic tank were used for. I don't generally have long metal poles lying handily around my yard.

I truly wonder if someone had been working on the Septic? That septic tank isn't big enough for 2 homes. Also possible that in all the confusion if it was securely or not orig. Per the landlord daughter, her dad was with Ashley when she called LEO. Could he have put the lid back on? Thinking out loud... what if he did put it back on not realizing ... Something cause them to go back and look 5 days later. Strange for sure.

And they keep saying raced into the back yard (Noahs home) but I thought the septic was more like between the 2 homes?

And on further about Tupperware lids on septic tanks, my guess is that it was one of the plastic kind that we were told previously weigh about 2 lbs, and should have 8 or so screws securing it.

If the screws were not there, or not secured, I can just imagine a man who is full of adrenalin saying it came off like Tupperware. This could well be true, IMO.

Who knows about the rest of the story, but even in the wildest tales, there is often a seed of truth. What that is, I dunno. The reporter wasn't one to inspire confidence!

On the Finding Noah FB, the landlords daughter states on March 24th @ 10:59pm that Noah's mom first called him (landlord) when she realized Noah was missing. He was with her when she called the police. "Because of him & many friends that are officers (even sheriff) had many cops including dogs, searching within an hour.

*I took a screen shot*

I'm not thinking anything suspicious of the two men yet. To me it sounds like they were just trying to help.. I agree, it sounds like they are either family, called to help or friends that lived close by.
The lid was in place when they started searching? Not secured, but on.

I don't like the thought that they were so close to Noah on day 1, but failed to find him until day 5.
I can't wait for more of this story to come out.

<snip from https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1623662921199434&id=1616434831922243&fref=nf

I'm told that police were already inside the Thomas' home and several things were taking place simultaneously; LEO's were trying to establish a timeline, they were creating search teams and interviewing Noah's parents, who I'm told appeared "distracted."

* still curious when and how the Daddy got home. I had read that his work was either 15 min or 15 miles away.

<snip from https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1623662921199434&id=1616434831922243&fref=nf

I'm told that police were already inside the Thomas' home and several things were taking place simultaneously; LEO's were trying to establish a timeline, they were creating search teams and interviewing Noah's parents, who I'm told appeared "distracted."

* still curious when and how the Daddy got home. I had read that his work was either 15 min or 15 miles away.

Do we know where PT worked? I read it was 15 mins away from home, but I can't remember where I read it now!
If PT was home when LE arrived, he must have been called before the 911 call, (If he works 15mins away).

LE were there on the scene pretty quick after the 911 call (was it 11am?),

I'm curious too. When was he notified and how did he get back home?

I haven't posted on Noah's thread, but I have followed and read along since day one. I don't want to jump in just to disagree, but I want to say how grateful I am that the reporter is PROVIDING NEW INFORMATION. This is not a published article. This is a Facebook post. The post gave lots of details. Heck, it seemed like it contained more actual information than many MSM articles.
Seriously, this new info was amazing. I don't understand how it's being criticized. I mean, I read hundreds of posts on septic tank lids...with the same information being rehashed. Now there is this new info, and posters are criticism his writing? It's written in a conversational style. It's not MLA or peer reviewed or written as a technical manual.
Is every detail crystal clear? No, of course not. It's FB.
I just have to step in and take up for this reporter. If he's reading here, or if other reporters are reading here, please keep new details coming.
Sorry. Not trying to jump on any posters here. I believe everyone is here for Noah. Thanks to the three posters I quoted, for keeping the threads going and bringing up new ideas and theories.

I can only speak for me but when it is obvious that so little work went into the 'finished product' I have to question how much care was taken in fact checking, etc.

Do we know where PT worked? I read it was 15 mins away from home, but I can't remember where I read it now!
If PT was home when LE arrived, he must have been called before the 911 call, (If he works 15mins away).

LE were there on the scene pretty quick after the 911 call (was it 11am?),

~snipped

According to previous statements, about 7 a.m. on March 22, Ashley White took Noah and his little sister with her to drop their father off at work at the Phoenix Packaging plant in Dublin.

When they returned, according to those statements, Noah wanted to watch cartoons. He was last seen by his mother watching about 8 or 8:15 a.m., when she then went to take a nap with their 6-month-old daughter, Abigail, and woke up about 10:35 a.m. and noticed Noah was missing. Police were on the scene by 11 a.m. helping to search for him.

http://www.roanoke.com/news/crime/p...1ed-ccc2-52cc-bb94-0ebfb2e94095.html?mode=jqm

So, our timeline looks something like this?
7:30 (ish) Mom takes dad to work
? Noah reportedly watching tv
10:35 Mom wakes up & Noah gone
? Landlord and aunt called
11:00 Mom calls LE (landlord at house)
11:20 LE on scene, both parents in home and 2 men outside checking septic tank after removing lid, enter home to tell LE they believe they found something in tank. Cursory check by LE finds nothing so lid replaced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member