VA - Roger Keith Coleman: Did Virginia execute an innocent man?

they say of course most people in jail proclaim their innocence but its not as common for them to do it up until the very end and that is what he did, thats why he convinced so many and he was LYING......The murder he commited was horrific!!

michelle said:

I live in VA and followed this closely. I never thought he was innocent but am glad DNA confirmed that. The evidence at trial was very strong.
I bet the jurors were breathing easier today.

He went to the death chamber saying the state was executing an innocent man - even in his last moments he did not want to cleanse his soul with the truth.
"An innocent man is going to be murdered tonight," the 33-year-old said moments before he was electrocuted on May 20, 1992. "When my innocence is proven, I hope America will realize the injustice of the death penalty as all other civilized countries have."
http://www.comcast.net/news/nationa.../12/302598.html

While I am personally opposed to the death penalty I do think this comment is something to consider:
Stop the presses: it turns out that rapists and killers are also liars.
http://releases.usnewswire.com/GetRelease.asp?id=59227

mic730 said:
I live in VA and followed this closely. I never thought he was innocent but am glad DNA confirmed that. The evidence at trial was very strong.
I bet the jurors were breathing easier today.

He went to the death chamber saying the state was executing an innocent man - even in his last moments he did not want to cleanse his soul with the truth.
"An innocent man is going to be murdered tonight," the 33-year-old said moments before he was electrocuted on May 20, 1992. "When my innocence is proven, I hope America will realize the injustice of the death penalty as all other civilized countries have."
http://www.comcast.net/news/nationa.../12/302598.html

While I am personally opposed to the death penalty I do think this comment is something to consider:
Stop the presses: it turns out that rapists and killers are also liars.
http://releases.usnewswire.com/GetRelease.asp?id=59227
he should have begged for forgiveness, why did he do it, did they ever come up with a reason?

There will IMO never be a reason why Coleman murdered and raped nor will there be a reason why he lied literally to his dying breath about his innocence.
I can't reason unreasonable acts.

mic730 said:
There will IMO never be a reason why Coleman murdered and raped nor will there be a reason why he lied literally to his dying breath about his innocence.
I can't reason unreasonable acts.
It's called sociopathy.

i am sure he was a nut, but i was wondering if they didnt get along, or he had a thing for her, sort of like a stalker or something??

michelle said:
i am sure he was a nut, but i was wondering if they didnt get along, or he had a thing for her, sort of like a stalker or something??

I don't know about any of that. Wish I could be of more help. The only thing I have read is that she was a shy woman and when her husband was not home Coleman was one of 3 people she would have opened the door to.
He had either been convicted of or was facing rape charges when murdered Wanda.

Marthatex said:
They even believe their own lies, don't they?

That scares the heck out of me when I think about it like that.

mic730 said:
That scares the heck out of me when I think about it like that.
Nah...they know they are lying, they don't care and they think they are smarter than everyone else & think everyone is stupid enough to believe them. And they all get a few of those...look at Peterson defenders!

Linda7NJ said:
Nah...they know they are lying, they don't care and they think they are smarter than everyone else & think everyone is stupid enough to believe them. And they all get a few of those...look at Peterson defenders!

Good point and good post.

Marthatex said:
They even believe their own lies, don't they?
I remember one guy who was sitting on death row for a rape-murder, I believe, had a lot of important people believing he was innocent and was insisting that the DNA evidence would prove him innocent, demanded DNA testing for his case, yadda yadda yadda. And sure enough, it proved he was 100% guilty. Either he didn't understand what DNA really was/meant, or he was so used to B.S.ing everyone around him, he couldn't stop.

BillyGoatGruff said:
Either he didn't understand what DNA really was/meant, or he was so used to B.S.ing everyone around him, he couldn't stop.
What an idiot. We had a man here in baltimore county maryland who was convicted of rape and murder of a young girl named dawn hamilton, my dh went to school with her and he was later exonerated when dna proved him innocent, he just wrote a book, i wanted to buy it, i think i still may...

Well now what are all the bleeding heart cry for the murderer people going to sob about? There is always Jessica Lunsford's killer.......

Perhaps this guy is right now being raped by Satan with a firey stalagmite because he richly deserves it!

Cal

calus_3 said:
Well now what are all the bleeding heart cry for the murderer people going to sob about? There is always Jessica Lunsford's killer.......

Perhaps this guy is right now being raped by Satan with a firey stalagmite because he richly deserves it!

Cal
he deserves nothing less then death, he is a sick pervert....Also that joseph duncan sends chills down my spine everytime i see his picture, i cant imagine the horror that family felt....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnceAgain
Back