Identified! VA - Shoosmith Landfill, WhtFem UP6642, 20-35, w/ Richmond trash, Aug'86 - Christy Lynn Floyd

I have found a MySpace for a woman who claims to be Hazel Alice's cousin (her parents are now deceased) and wonder if I should send her a message?

Edit: Not about the UID, obviously. But just a polite message, maybe letting her know she should try to get her added to NCMA too.

hiya shannon! I typically always try to refrain from making initial contact with someone that has a missing family member, I leave that up to LE. If they come to us, well then.... JMO, FWIW.

However, if she has a myspace, and the myspace is talking about the missing case...I don't see why we couldn't send her a 'bulletin', informational, possibly even from WS/LTWH (we have a myspace page, needs work, LOL!) We could send her Project Jason's site, our site, info on DNA, different databases she could be listed in, yada yada.

We should have something like the done, but we don't. We have been going on a case by case basis.

Thoughts?

shannon, you have myspace experience?? ;) HELP WANTED!

Well, it's "sorta" talking about the missing persons case. It has a message on it about Hazel Alice and directs anyone with interest or who knows anything to go to the Charley Project page.

There was another reason I decided not to approach this person anyway. Anything that sets a whistle off in my head I follow, you know what I mean?

Oh, and yes, I have MySpace exp. If you want I'd be glad to assist. :blowkiss:

I spoke with Chesterfield Co VA Sheriff's office and apparently there is DNA available on the UID. It's old, of course, and may be unusable at this point. The Md State Police are following up on the possible match with Billy Jean Hall to this UID also.

Rocky from Doe notified me today that this has been passed on to LE but they have not been given any more information at this point.:blowkiss:

NamUs UP # 6642 https://identifyus.org/cases/6642

Unidentified White Female
* The victim was discovered on August 07, 1986 in the Shoosmith Landfill, 11800 Lewis Road, Chester VA.

Vital Statistics

* Estimated age: 22 to 25 years old
* Approximate Height and Weight: 5'5" (est.); 115 lbs (est.).
* Distinguishing Characteristics: Sandy Colored hair,
pink toenail polish, hysterectomy, Ankle bracelet on left leg made of black rubber type material.
* Body Condition: Not recognizable - Partial remains with soft tissues, Head not recovered, One or more limbs not recovered.

Case History
08/07/86, A trash hauler found dismembered human body parts while dumping a load of trash into Shoosmith Landfill. The trash was collected from Richmond, Virginia.

I wonder if they've checked out Hazel Alice Klug against this Jane Doe.

klug_hazel.jpg
klug_hazel3.jpg

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/k/klug_hazel.html

The timeframe (2 1/2 months) might be little long if the postmortem interval is "days" as indicated in NamUs. But of course, she could have been held captive before being killed, or the "Days" notation in NamUs may be incorrect.

However ...

* She was last seen in Richmond VA (i.e., the presumed origin of the trash in which Jane Doe was found).
* Her age and weight are consistent.
* Her height is within two inches.
* Her hair color is consistent (although I wonder how they would know the color of the UID's head hair if her head wasn't found).
* She had a scar on her abdomen (perhaps from a hysterectomy?)

Carl, I think Hazel would be a possible match.. the only thing that has me second guessing it is the fact that the UID had a hysterectomy. Hazel was only 23 when she went missing. I know some women can have a hysterectomy at a young age due to health problems, but I think it is kind of rare at that young of an age... JMO.. I guess.

I don't think it would hurt submitting. The UID should be given a chance to have their identity back and Hazel needs to be found.

This is Doe Hot Case 139, which has been discussed and submitted already, although there is no indication of an outcome.

http://www.doenetwork.org/hot/hotcase139.html

Submitted VA-Hot Case 139/Hazel Alice Klug 38DFVA - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Previously the date of death was estimated at June 1 1986

As I said in relation to this Doe and Hazel two years ago:

Me said:
If it's not her then it'd be surprising and if she hasn't been looked at then it'd be positively shocking."

Carl, please follow this up - it seems so harsh that there apparently hasn't been any investigation of such a strong lead for nearly 25 years.

Carl, I think Hazel would be a possible match.. the only thing that has me second guessing it is the fact that the UID had a hysterectomy. Hazel was only 23 when she went missing. I know some women can have a hysterectomy at a young age due to health problems, but I think it is kind of rare at that young of an age... JMO.. I guess.

The UID is estimated to be from 22 to 25, so the same could be said about the UID that you are saying about Hazel.

If the UID did have a hyserectomy (as indicated), she probably was seemingly too young to have one, but that's what it says.

duh to me... I didn't think about the UID being listed as being between 22-25... I was just looking at Hazel. Too bad we don't know if Hazel had a hysterectomy, that would be an easy rule out... wish they would elaborate about what the scar on Hazel's abdomen was from... (C section, hysterectomy, appendix... etc)

When submitting the info on the other case, I also queried DN on this one. I had seen on an old forum somewhere from 2006 that someone was going to submit this one, but according to DN this has never been submitted. The forum poster never updated the post to say whether they sent it to anyone.

This one was submitted to the Doe Network matching panel this morning by me.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/38dfva.html

Hazel Alice Klug
Missing since May 20, 1986 from Richmond, Henrico County, Virginia.
Classification: Involuntary

Vital Statistics Date Of Birth: August 22, 1962
Age at Time of Disappearance:
23 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'3; 117 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics:
White female. Blonde hair; blue eyes.
Marks, Scars: She has a scar on the abdomen.

Circumstances Of Disappearance
Klug, a title researcher for a Richmond law firm, spoke to a co-worker whom she was dating on the phone around 11:30 PM on May 20, 1986 from her home in the Crestview area of Richmond, VA. It was a normal conversation and Klug gave no indication that anything was wrong.

Klug did not report to her workplace the next day, May 21. The police searched her home and discovered that her dog was still at home, along with her car.

The only items missing were Ms. Klug's purse and a suitcase. The suitcase was large enough to put the 5-foot-3-inch Ms. Klug in and take away unnoticed.

Police suspect foul play in Klug's disappearance.

Investigators
If you have any information on this case, please contact:
Henrico County Police Department
Homicide Unit
804-672-4840
You may remain anonymous if you wish when submitting information. NCIC Number: M-813075753
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.
Source Information: Henrico County Police Department

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.doenetwork.org/hot/hotcase139.html
Unidentified White Female

The victim was discovered on August 7, 1986 in Chesterfield County, Virginia
Estimated Date of Death: June 1, 1986

Vital Statistics

Estimated age: 20-35 years old
Approximate Height and Weight: 5'0"-5'5"; 105-120 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: Light brown hair with long blonde highlights.
Clothing: Dark rubber like ankle bracelet/band on left ankle. Victim wore an approximate 7AA shoe.
Skeletal Findings : Post vaginal hysterectomy; bone island anomaly in right Iliac (hip/pelvic) bone.
Fingerprints: Not Available
Dentals: Not Available
DNA: Available
Other: Xrays and left foot inked footprints are available for identification.

Case History
The victim was located at the Shoosmith landfill in Chesterfield County, Virginia on August 7, 1986. The head, hands and both legs had been removed from the body by some type of electrical/mechanical saw. Only the torso and left leg have been recovered. It appears the remains were kept in a relatively cool environment (refrigerator) or semi-air tight container to delay decomposition.

Investigators
If you have any information about this case please contact:
Chesterfield County Police Department
804-748-1251

A 'vaginal hysterectomy' is just that - done through the vagina - there would be no abdominal scar . And generally speaking, a vaginal hysterectomy is only done on a woman who has had at least one child. At least I've never heard of one done (that long ago) on a childless woman.

Just wanted to follow-up here that according to this thread on another site which I found via Google, quite a bit of effort was put into this possible match between May 2006 and January 2010 to finally get a comparison done between these two profiles. The end result was that it was not a match, but it is still impressive how dogged these volunteers were in following up!

Just reading this news article published today on another missing Virginia woman, Darlene Pinelli Vaughan. She was 35 and similar weight and height to this UID however the article says she was ruled out. The article then goes on to mention Hazel Klug but does not mention that she was ruled out as being this UID. It also mentions she was Darlene was 1 of 3 women who went missing in Central Virginia within a three month period of 1986.

http://progress-index.com/news/ettrick-woman-s-fate-still-a-mystery-after-25-years-1.1140184#axzz1L6WVlWQw

I have found a MySpace for a woman who claims to be Hazel Alice's cousin (her parents are now deceased) and wonder if I should send her a message?

Edit: Not about the UID, obviously. But just a polite message, maybe letting her know she should try to get her added to NCMA too.

this may have been me as I am her cousin and I do have a myspace and have the information as my blog my mom used to have it up on there too till she went to facebook, we do wish that if anyone knows anything to please do contact us as we do have Hazel's sisters on our facebooks
was useing google and searched her name and this site came up so thought i'd join and let you know it might of been me or my mom you was gonna contact

Yes it is true her parents have both passed away never knowing where she is, she is named after her mother and is why the family called her Alice, she'd be close to 50 today, me and my mom have also seen the similarities between Hazel and the Jane Doe and we've submitted it to the investigator in charge of her case but we moved and our phone number got changed so we don't know if it was checked out but we have resubmitted info
so maybe we will hear something on if is her or not , after so long we still want answers on where she is.

she has been on numerous missing person shows and stuff but nothing the one i remember most is Geraldo back when he used to cases like this

i also read case on the lady named Darlene and you are right the way they vanished do have alot of similarities and hope somehow if one is solved they solve them all

also Hazel had Slight scoliosis of spine also the scar on her abdomen was from having her appendix removed as a child my mother grew up with Hazel and spent a lot of times at our cousin's home which she grew up in Ohio

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/1100/0this is the site with most of her information if it'll help out at all

like i said please feel free to contact me if you wish or find something that can lead to where she is

Also what is NCMA as i'd like to let her sister know so she can maybe place her on there as well as she's on quite a few sites she might already be on there

i'm Hazel's cousin a i'd like to thank everyone for trying to find her

Hazel had Slight scoliosis of spine also the scar on her abdomen was from having her appendix removed as a child

the site here tells about all the marks and things she had to help id her https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/1100/0

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea
Back