VA VA - The Colonial Parkway Murders, 1986-89

Bill Thomas is our guest tonight. I hope you will join us. We go live at 10:30 PM Eastern.

Excellent work my friend! You may well be onto something here! That could well be. Although I still can’t quite be sure of that last word or whether Wrecker or Wrecking?

Maybe someone has some historical records of businesses in that area at that time. Appreciate the eyes and input! MOO
It's Bay Auto Services.

Feb 1, 2024
Alan Wade Wilmer Sr. is the suspect in decades-old homicide cases in Hampton and IOW. Is a legal loophole leaving a potential trail of unsolved crimes unexplored?
According to the FBI, he had also been a suspect in other Colonial Parkway murders, including Keith Call and Cassandra Hailey. He was even given a lie detector test. His truck had been spotted by several witnesses in the pull-out areas along Colonial Parkway.

Not really sure why the FBI is trying to separate these cases from the other Colonial Parkway murders.

This news is also unusual. Virginia State Police are saying no other LE agency can use Wilmer, Sr's. DNA to see if it matches other cold cases and sexual assaults in their jurisdiction.

13News Now Investigates has learned at least one Hampton Roads police department recently checked Wilmer’s DNA to see if he was a match for one of their unsolved cold cases. Another local police department is currently reviewing all sexual assault cases that match Wilmer’s modus operandi (MO), and a third local police department spent part of January reviewing more than a dozen cold cases from the 1970s and 80s to see if Wilmer was ever on their radar, and whether he could be considered a suspect today.

More law enforcement agencies could follow suit.

But is a legal loophole leaving a potential trail of unsolved crimes unexplored?

CODIS – or Combined DNA Index System – could instantly confirm whether Wilmer’s DNA sample matches DNA that was once collected at a crime scene and entered into the universal database.

But Virginia State Police say State law requires someone to have a conviction on their record before their DNA profile is entered into the government-run CODIS.

And a conviction is something this dead man will never have.

Bill Thomas is our guest tonight. I hope you will join us. We go live at 10:30 PM Eastern.
This was an excellent podcast, Tricia. You and Bill did a fantastic job.

I’m very disappointed in the way the FBI has treated Bill through this process. While I’ve always had tremendous respect for the FBI, I can’t condone their handling of the Colonial Parkway murders.

If any of these cases are linked by various reasons to the specific case that matches his DNA, and to each other, then the legal path should be clear to compare his DNA to all suspected cases - especially since Wilmer is dead.

If nothing else, such a comparison might eliminate him and point to others who might still be at large.

It makes no sense that this guy’s DNA cannot be run through CODIS now that he is dead whether he’s been convicted of a crime or not. He has no rights that are going to be violated.
I understand why VA wanted this state law. I’m sure this scenario understandably never crossed their minds. But it’s a law that can be fixed, and they need to fix it.

It makes no sense that this guy’s DNA cannot be run through CODIS now that he is dead whether he’s been convicted of a crime or not. He has no rights that are going to be violated.
I understand why VA wanted this state law. I’m sure this scenario understandably never crossed their minds. But it’s a law that can be fixed, and they need to fix it.

I don't know what's behind it, but I do know the VA state police and local FBI were not very helpful to Bill Thomas, brother of victim Cathy Thomas. I recommend you listen to Tricia's podcast interview with Bill, done after the killer's ID was revealed.

I don't know what's behind it, but I do know the VA state police and local FBI were not very helpful to Bill Thomas, brother of victim Cathy Thomas. I recommend you listen to Tricia's podcast interview with Bill, done after the killer's ID was revealed.
Forgot to add the link if anyone needs it. The podcast interview is very important, JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea
Back