GUILTY VA - Tina Smith, 41, slain, 12yo daughter abducted, Salem, 2 Dec 2010 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM - wonder why the boss "Debbie" called the police???? I know the clerk said he was a regular - so why were the cops called? Unless Debbie called on Monday after she heard the news....

does it say when the am boss called? would prolly have been after all the info was out in the news and thats why she called?

The store clerk at the AM said she remembers them because neither had on long sleeves. Unless my eyes are deceiving me (which is possible because I can't see the computer screen a foot away w/o my glasses), BS did have sleeves on. Might not have been much, but it looks like they were long. And if they called LE, why was there never any mention of it until after they were found? We knew about the WM video and all of the other possible sightings. Maybe I missed something. I checked Roanoke CL to see if there was a listing for it, but there wasn't. If he used that route, I'm assuming he was smart enough to delete the ad (I know, I'm giving him too much credit). But the 2000 Blazers on there are listed at or well above asking price. I bet he got at least $1000 out of it. And it looked a lot newer than a 2000 from the video, I thought.

i think it has to do with the identity of the guy with them... is the guy at the am the same guy who bought the suv from je?

I tend to believe JE did know the guy who bought the car (if in fact he purchased it). Also think it was a rock bottom amount due to desperation maybe sold it for whatever the guy had on hand so $500 would get him across the country. That logic also fits into the reason JE took TS's vehicle. He may of asked the other guy to follow him back to TS's house because he knew he needed to get another set of wheels. JE only needed to sign the title over and the sale is legal in VA.

So if this guy comes clean to LE he may of said that he only gave JE $500 and JE may of told the guy he is heading south (NC, FL, or AL) just to throw everyone off. Just thinking out loud

Didn't JE try to get cash from an atm before Wally world? Maybe when that didn't work out - he quick came up with plan b - sell his own car pronto, for whatever he could get at the time. (make a phone call or two)

If he left TS's car at her home, that could have bought him a little more time..maybe

The store clerk at the AM said she remembers them because neither had on long sleeves. Unless my eyes are deceiving me (which is possible because I can't see the computer screen a foot away w/o my glasses), BS did have sleeves on. Might not have been much, but it looks like they were long. And if they called LE, why was there never any mention of it until after they were found? We knew about the WM video and all of the other possible sightings. Maybe I missed something. I checked Roanoke CL to see if there was a listing for it, but there wasn't. If he used that route, I'm assuming he was smart enough to delete the ad (I know, I'm giving him too much credit). But the 2000 Blazers on there are listed at or well above asking price. I bet he got at least $1000 out of it. And it looked a lot newer than a 2000 from the video, I thought.
I got the impression that she called the police after this clerk told her that he recognized them from the news. Just what I got from this report, but certainly leaving a lot more questions than answers about what went on in that AM.

OMG. They just said on WSLS that Easley did sell his SUV to a guy he met at AM and they have not charged that guy with any crimes yet but they are still investigating. They also state police had this video a good while ago but did not want to "tip their hand and release it"

Shout out to TexasLil!! Good call! :aktion033:

Speculation only here but I'm wondering if JE might have sold him the car at a cheap price to get quick cash the the California trip. Then maybe the guy saw the news break on the murder/abduction and connection to that red SUV and decided to ditch it. Of course that theory doesn't explain why the guy didn't contact LE unless he thought he'd be implicated in some way.

You go girl!! :applause:

bbm... was it warm enough during the afternoon not to have to wear coats or long sleeves?

It was starting to get cold that night. I was in a coat and scarf at 7pm because after the sun went down, the temperature dropped really fast. I say it was in the upper 30°s around that time at night.

http://www2.wsls.com/mgmedia/image/0/354/120312/extradition-court-date-jeffrey-easley-still-unknow/

The lady who called 911 and an officer from VA
hero.jpg

Oh wait, wait, wait!! I just thought of something else! After the atm machine cash didn't work out - what car were they driving to wally world? If it was TS's and they couldn't get cash out of the machine - then maybe that missing 45 minutes was them going back to TS house to switch cars, cause he knew he could sell his no problem.

Just a theory.

that answers how JE got money!!!Seriously would you buy a car at the AM???
was there an add for sale??? Did they know each other.......answers slow but sure!!!

I'm thinking that by "met" they may mean it was a planned meeting and not a spontaneous sale....I could be wrong but you are correct - who would buy car from someone who just happened to pull up behind them at the pumps :crazy:

Oh wait, wait, wait!! I just thought of something else! After the atm machine cash didn't work out - what car were they driving to wally world? If it was TS's and they couldn't get cash out of the machine - then maybe that missing 45 minutes was them going back to TS house to switch cars, cause he knew he could sell his no problem.

Just a theory.

I think this would be a good possibility.

I'm still trying to figure out why that "buyer" just ditched his own "purple Dodge Stratus". Guess he drove his "new SUV" back to his home in Garden City (SE Rke) but what did he think would happen to his own car he left there??? I think there is way more to this "buyer" than we know. (JMO)

Interestingly, the video of police supposedly getting ready to tow that "Purple Dodge Stratus", almost looked like it was parked in the Walmart parking lot but the video went by so quickly cannot be sure.

"Every time they come in here, they are always side by side, all lovey dovey on each other, everything like that so," said Mike Duvall, store clerk.

One thing the cashier told News7 and another worker was that they didn't realize Brittany Smith was 12 until all this hit the media last week. They say she often uses a fake ID when she comes in from time to time.

Roanoke County authorities say they have spoken with the unknown man in the video, and apparently there was someone else in the purple car with him. We're told they're both cooperating with the investigation.

http://www.wdbj7.com/news/wdbj-store-employee-says-brittany-s-121310,0,2827405.story

I think this would be a good possibility.

I'm still trying to figure out why that "buyer" just ditched his own "purple Dodge Stratus". Guess he drove his "new SUV" back to his home in Garden City (SE Rke) but what did he think would happen to his own car he left there??? I think there is way more to this "buyer" than we know. (JMO)

Interestingly, the video of police supposedly getting ready to tow that "Purple Dodge Stratus", almost looked like it was parked in the Walmart parking lot but the video went by so quickly cannot be sure.

Assuming the buyer wasn't driven there by a third party in anticipation of driving his "new" SUV home. For all we know JE had been trying to sell his blazer prior to whatever happened that Friday in the Smith home. He could have emailed or phoned an interested buyer whose offer was way low before the events but suddenly looked awful good when after events there was a big need for cash.

Buyer gets call that JE will sell him the SUV afterall, JE suggests they meet at the A.M. Buyer gets friend or whoever to drive him to the A.M. Buyer and JE exchange cash, keys and title, buyers friend takes off, Buyer drives the now vehicleless JE accompanied by BS back to Smith house, dropping them off.

To me, none of this indicates buyer is involved or not involved in the murder or kidnapping.

ETA I realize it would be soo much simpler if JE simply had buyer meet him at Smith home, but as anotehr posted earlier, he may not have intended to sell the SUV that day til he discovered ATM was not going to be helpful. Or perhaps was worried that if a buyer showed up at the home they might ask to use the restroom or BS may somehow indicate something was very wrong inside the home.

"Every time they come in here, they are always side by side, all lovey dovey on each other, everything like that so," said Mike Duvall, store clerk.

One thing the cashier told News7 and another worker was that they didn't realize Brittany Smith was 12 until all this hit the media last week. They say she often uses a fake ID when she comes in from time to time.

Roanoke County authorities say they have spoken with the unknown man in the video, and apparently there was someone else in the purple car with him. We're told they're both cooperating with the investigation.

http://www.wdbj7.com/news/wdbj-store-employee-says-brittany-s-121310,0,2827405.story

BBM then....:sick::sick::sick:

i can see how they may have thought bs was older than twelve but they couldnt have possibly believed that she was 21??? no way...moo

BBM

Nothing in that video shows them being "lovey dovey". All I see is a child standing beside a grown man with her head down.

Also, re the fake ID, admittingly she does look somewhat older but I would definitely not say she looked 16, 18 or 21. What was she using a fake ID for? To buy cigarettes or to buy alcohol? If you watch the video, you can hear someone from the store speaking in the background. IMO, someone from the store called the news and let them come over and film this from their cameras. LE obviously did not want this released. Why do people feel the need to do things like this? This is a 12 year old child's life they are playing with here.

the fake ID disturbs me. Wonder who provided it to her. Smells like longterm seduction by a sexual predator to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname