GUILTY VA - Tina Smith, 41, slain, 12yo daughter abducted, Salem, 2 Dec 2010 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's sad to say that a lot of Salem/Roanoke has turned to meth and heroin. I'm not saying everyone is doing it, but that's the drug of choice around here. When I was a teenager, marijuana was a big deal, but now I know so many people who have lost their lives to meth and heroin, as well as people who have lost everything they own to the drug. My older brother tells me all the time about the increase of "harder" drugs, especially in Roanoke. I know it's all over the area, but my best knowledge is in Salem/Roanoke. One reason I dropped a group of friends back around 2000 is because it seemed no one would hang out without wanting to get high or drunk. I'm not saying I'm squeaky clean because I do enjoy an occasional drink, but people need to make a decision of growing-up and a lot of them get lost in being responsible. Once you are hooked. it's hard to give it up. People put all their priorities, including children and family behind them just to catch a buzz.

This whole group associated with this case is bad news. It seems the more names that are revealed, the more I cringe for what BS had to go through.

WDBJ7 news is on !

Showing clips of JSE in court, etc.

* He should be back in Roanoke within 24 hours.

...(snipped)...
Man oh man...there's so many possibilities with this case. For something that seemed pretty cut and dried it's getting far more confusing now that BS has been found.

OMG... This thread was so slow this morning and then I return this afternoon with all of this AM and JM stuff. :eek: Yes, more confusing is definitely true!

My speculation barometer was just headed in the same direction. What if JE didn't actually "sell" the SUV but "gave" it as payment to do harm to TS? Again huge speculation here but the plot definitely is thickening!

I'm not sure how much money he got. If he got, say, a couple of thousand, he wouldn't have been panhandling... yet. Wondering if you guys are right that it was a payment of some sort for TS death... :(

WDBJ7 news is on !

Showing clips of JSE in court, etc.

* He should be back in Roanoke within 24 hours.

*Applause* to WDBJ7 and other VA local newscasts that keep reporting on this case.

ABSOLUTELY nothing mentioned in CA...even the SF newspapers/newscasts don't have anything....unless I didn't dig deep enough into the fine print articles. SMH

This happened to my best friend way back in the 60s (we were freshmen in h.s.) I went a couple times for sleepovers and that family was just soo nice. Her older sister was about 22 years old and had an unexplained cough. She was a legal secretary and lived at home. I went to school one day and immediately realized my friend was not at school during first period. Then realized brother was not there either. Finally in home economics class a girl came to me and said "was that your sister who died last night?". I was floored. My friend's sister had an esophagogastroduodenoscopy (EGD) and was allergic to the anesthesia and they could not save her. My friend took it so hard. I was really shy but when I went to the funeral home, she was so hysterical, her mom asked me to stay with her. I, of course did that and rode to the funeral with family, etc. My friend was like myself and had been shy too. Suddenly when she came back to school, she changed. She walked into class and when the teacher asked for her absence excuse it made her mad and she went to hand it to him, but dropped it at his feet and laughed. Then she would go to parties and I was hearing stories that I could not believe. She eventually got pregnant and dropped out of school. At first I tried to stay friends but our family moved across town and we sort of lost touch and of course we had a different circle of friends by now. Her poor mother became a recluse and it was so sad. They would keep the chair for "Nancy" at the table for all meals eaten in the dining room. I never heard or noticed how the father dealt with this tragedy. But, about 5 years later, this same friend lost her older brother to a car accident. So here is this mom who was already a recluse and never was able to work through the grief of losing her daughter, then loses her son. What the purpose of my story is (although sounds really OT) is how much the death of a child can change the entire family structure. Back then, I'm sure there was not much known about "grief counseling" or we never heard of it. So the mom was lost in her own grief and never seemed to notice this sudden drastic change in my friend's personality. BS lost her brother in a horrific accident. Have to wonder where he did this and who discovered him. It was pretty obvious that TS was very much still grieving and needed some intensive counseling herself and was probably not even able to realize what BS was going through. Hope this story makes sense.

OMG... This thread was so slow this morning and then I return this afternoon with all of this AM and JM stuff. :eek: Yes, more confusing is definitely true!

I'm not sure how much money he got. If he got, say, a couple of thousand, he wouldn't have been panhandling... yet. Wondering if you guys are right that it was a payment of some sort for TS death... :(

Depends on what he spent the money on...gas, food, drugs or booze?

Working on starting a new thread... Will close this one is just a bit.

Ima

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member