GUILTY VA - Tina Smith, 41, slain, 12yo daughter abducted, Salem, 2 Dec 2010 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you imagine what this Lil girl will go thru now that she has realized the magnitude of the situation she is in. She will be going from a good life, where her Mom made a good living an provided for her well, to, well who knows what is ahead for her. Where I consider her to be a child, and a victim, <modsnip> No longer just a cross country field trip. Now she is faced with the facts of the current events. It will be very hard for her and yes, she will need years of counseling....jmo of course

Just a reminder, as posted by hoppy in the last thread!

Brittany Smith is a VICTIM in this case.

Until and unless LE states she is a suspect, she is a VICTIM.

Therefore, no more speculating that she was involved in her mother's murder.

Thanks.

(Members are free to bump or repost this as needed.)

thank you shewhomustnotbenamed.

It is far too soon to speculate on involvement, plus, despite her mature appearance this child is 12, no matter what may or may not come out about this situation in the future, I will be keeping that utmost in my mind when watching this case unfold.

Article just posted on WSLS here in Roanoke:

"A press conference wraps up in San Francisco shortly after 5 p.m. Sunday, about the disappearance of 12-year-old Brittany Smith.

Roanoke County Detective John McPhail says the focus of the case has shifted to the murder investigation of Brittany's mother, 41-year old Tina Smith.

He says investigators spent Sunday morning talking with Smith and her abductor Jeffrey Easley, but are unable to share anything the pair said, because they don't want to jeopardize the case.

Yesterday, Roanoke County Police Chief Ray Lavinder announced that Easley is now a murder suspect in the death of Brittany's mother."

http://www2.wsls.com/news/2010/dec/12/press-conference-brittany-smith-disappearance-ar-711305/

Tina Smith was killed sometime between the morning and evening of December 3,
JE/BS was seen at Walmart shopping for tent and supplies.
Lavinder said that authorities believe the two left Virginia, heading west toward California, on that night or early Saturday, December 4.

So my question is if they left early Sat Dec 4th,
they had to sleep somewhere on Friday night???
Did they stay all night with Tina's corpse in the house?
I guess they had a few hours to pack up, use computer...............
I'm trying to figure out a time line.
Thursday Tina's last log in to MS about her thoughts on evil.

I remember that on the last thread, the lady at the bus station said that they had enough luggage for "a family of 4". I bet you're right. Either one or the other of them, or maybe both, packed up anything of value to assist them on their trip. :furious:

I'm still waiting on MSM to mention him googling SF and the best place for homeless. Unless he was familiar with or in conversation with some who knew, I don't know how he ended up in GG Park..or found the airport for a nearby lot to park. I want to know when. Also, if he might have had a trac phone of sorts. You know he couldn't trust BS with it--in possibly contacting her friends and finding out her mother was dead, if she didn't already know. I'm starting to think she did not because of the comment that she was "informed". ?? I'm sure BS found out rather quickly that their "relationship" turned into one of control instead of buds.

BS might have been his first abduction, but I'd bet he has accosted or raped quite a few teens. We know he has mental issues.....but he's NOT insane.

Somehow the subject of social networking moms meeting their dates or next relationship (love finding) on line and bringing questionable men into their child's lives needs to be addressed on TV shows or the MSM. Maybe NG or JVM, Oprah....somebody needs to make this a priority. We're seeing the first of the "raised online" now reaching their 30's and it may just be a social problem now...and we just aren't aware. Not saying that anyone moving a love interest in within a 3 mo time period can't be done otherwise ...poor judgement, imo. Interesting study still.

I keep seeing her mother's beautiful eyes. They remind me of the Terry Lynn doll back in the 50's. A beautiful, caring mother and person is now gone. :( May her family find peace and I'm hoping she'll be on a flight tonight or tomorrow to say goodbye to her dear mother. How tragic for her family at this time of year...especially. Been there.

Can you imagine what this Lil girl will go thru now that she has realized the magnitude of the situation she is in. She will be going from a good life, where her Mom made a good living an provided for her well, to, well who knows what is ahead for her. Where I consider her to be a child, and a victim, <modsnip> No longer just a cross country field trip. Now she is faced with the facts of the current events. It will be very hard for her and yes, she will need years of counseling....jmo of course

It's going to have to be a very fine balance of much love and discipline. She's had a taste of the adult world that places her separate from her peers...and will always remain a part of her...along with this !! She was right at that rebel age---mentally-- and striking out to be grown up. This couldn't have happened at a worse time in her life, imo. :furious: Will she ever trust again....especially men and have a chance for a happy relationship or marriage in the future...

I wonder if she will go live w/ her dad now?
I wonder if they are close at all.
I havne't heard a whole lot about their relationship.

Lavinder said that authorities believe the two left Virginia, heading west toward California, on that night or early Saturday, December 4.

OK, I'm confused. I thought she posted a msg or Thursday and then one also at 1:30 PM on Friday. If not, please somebody let me know. I kept thinking of her mom's karma, because they were found approximately a week later in time. It's also why I can't understand them giving her time of death as maybe morning??? Was the FB post at 1:30 AM?

Anyone...pls chime in...:waitasec:

I wonder if she will go live w/ her dad now?
I wonder if they are close at all.
I havne't heard a whole lot about their relationship.
Chief Lavinder was asked that in the Saturday presser. He said that hadn't been determined yet and that it would be up to DSS and that BS would have some input into it (paraphrasing).

I don't know if that means that Tina had sole custody. It's interesting, because the common "assumption" would be that the child would go live with the surviving bio-parent.

I'm thinking that it would be best for BS to live in a home that has a female parental figure(s), perhaps her grandmother or one of her aunts? I don't mean to say that it isn't important to have her father or other father figure. And I don't know if her dad is re-married or has a live-in female companion or if he lives alone.

It would be sad (to me) if it's determined that she can't live with a relative (for whatever reason(s) that would be, I have no clue).

OK, I'm confused. I thought she posted a msg or Thursday and then one also at 1:30 PM on Friday. If not, please somebody let me know. I kept thinking of her mom's karma, because they were found approximately a week later in time. It's also why I can't understand them giving her time of death as maybe morning??? Was the FB post at 1:30 AM?

You're right, what was reported was that Tina's last post was at 1:30pm that Friday to BS and then JE sent a message to BS some time shortly after that saying everything would work out and be ok. However, how to we know that Tina actually sent that message to BS - JE could have sent it himself posing as Tina. If he knew her pin number he most likely knew her passwords. I think JE probably had HOURS after Tina's death to figure out his next course of action. It has been reported that he looked up on the net for the best places to be homeless was and SF was it. I think he had quite some time to figure out a plan before they actually left town.
I may be completely wrong, but I would think her family is with working with child services right now learning the best way to approach BS and this situation. That in itself is going to take some time. I think that is why her family did not go to SF. If that is even true, for all we know, her dad may have gone and didn't want it reported.

For some reason I thought Tina's last message to MS was at 3:30 am.......
I am trying so hard at the very beginning to find a link to Tina's last day for timelines.

Oh please...let's hope they left that night of the 3rd. I cannot imagine them laying down and going to sleep with her Mother dead in the house. I just can't let my mind go there.

I think the trip to Walmart sets the timeline. They were preparing then to leave town. They could have already had their clothes,and whatever they took out of the house packed in the car, and left immediately upon leaving Walmart.

Then again, we also know that they stopped at the ATM after they left Walmart, but were unsuccessful in retrieving any cash. So that makes me wonder if they made another trip back to the house to grab items of value. I still think they 'hocked' items of value to get the money together to make the trip.

Found this in thread 2, or so I think it was. Not sure if I know how to post the link (longtime lurker) but here goes:

Tina's Facebook wall is full of comments from devastated friends, but it's her final posts that have Ennemoser wondering if Tina knew something was going to happen to her.

On December 2 at 9:30 p.m., Tina wrote "If I should die before I wake, God Bless my friends. May I be remembered for my good heart and hopeless romantic ways."

Tina's last status update was on December 3 about 1:30 p.m. She wrote, "God, please protect us from the evils of this world."

http://www.wset.com/Global/story.asp?S=13633373

Passionflower - I will look and see if I can find an article detailing that last post of TS for you and post it. One thing I'll add since you are trying to figure out a time line - you can drive for hours and hours on adrenalene alone. I drove from Grand Tetons to my house a couple months ago. It was a 34 hour drive (I took the long way too) and I made it home in 39 hours. I stopped once in MO at a rest area and slept for 5 hours and that was it. Once you get on interstate, it's a piece of cake to drive cross country. Of course, I hadn't just killed someone and didn't have that adrenalene rush, just lots of McD's coffee. I think they left soon after the Walmart trip and he probably drove along time before they ever stopped. If they left Fri nite from Salem, if that was red bulls they bought, then they could have been in SF by late late Sunday night or very early Monday morning. I'll go look for that article....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea