GUILTY VA - Tina Smith, 41, slain, 12yo daughter abducted, Salem, 2 Dec 2010 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got caught up....busy place in the last few hours here!

In your link passionflower...surley this date is wrong:

During a police interview December 3, McElvy did not mention meeting up with Easley and Smith. Police also say that statements from McElvy and a girlfriend were "inconsistent."

I bet it should be Dec. 13, huh??

You know, there's a chance that Brittany didn't know her mom was dead when they initially left. Buying the camping equipment does imply that she knew they were going away. She does appear nervous but she does not look like a girl whose mother was just murdered. I wonder if TS and JE had it out over BS (it may have gotten physical), JE took BS and left, and someone else came and finished TS off.

This is just speculation as I do believe that JE is fully capable of having done the deed himself.

But with all this news of AM and JM...I think someone else said it best when they said it has all gotten so much more confusing.

Maybe be nothing, but maybe something.....There was a HUGE drug bust in the area around the same time. Is it possible some turned "informant" with knowledge, etc.....epecially if there is much speculation that AM could have been dealing. ?? Wouldn't be the first time people in drug busts were found dealing in *advertiser censored* either!!

I kind shell shock with the new players in this case. I expected some one else was involve... but this new news wasn't what I was thinking!

Just didn't see this coming!

I had speculated early on of the possiblity....someone other that JE, but dumped the idea because LE was only showing JE as the only person of interest.

OMG. I am just now catching up on this new info. I totally think that Brittany may have witnessed her moms death or was there(maybe in another room or outside of the house) when it done. If they showed up at Tina's house then where was Brittany at?

http://www.wset.com/Global/story.asp?S=13671824

<snip>

In the search warrant filed in Roanoke Circuit Court, investigators say that Jeff Easley sold his red Chevy SUV to Adam McElvy, of Roanoke, in the evening hours of December 3- the same night police believe Tina Smith was killed.

The warrant shows that a flat screen TV, a Wii gaming system, a DVD player and DVDs were missing from the Smith home. All those items were noticed missing by a family member and described to police by an informant who stated similar items were in Easely's SUV when McElvey bought the vehicle.

During a police interview December 3, McElvy did not mention meeting up with Easley and Smith. Police also say that statements from McElvy and a girlfriend were "inconsistent."

In the search warrant, investigators wrote that the information provided by the informant, the inconsistent statements by McElvy and his friend, plus the fact that McElvy was with Easley "near the crime scene and within the time parameters (of the killing) "leads investigators to believe McElvy "could have assisted in the murder" of Tina Smith.

BBM...who is this informant I wonder???
Meaning they had enough probable cause to get the search warrant....
the fact that he hasn't been arrested or named a person of interest leads me to believe they didn't find anything that could link either them to the murder.

<snip>

In the search warrant filed in Roanoke Circuit Court, investigators say that Jeff Easley sold his red Chevy SUV to Adam McElvy, of Roanoke, in the evening hours of December 3- the same night police believe Tina Smith was killed.

The warrant shows that a flat screen TV, a Wii gaming system, a DVD player and DVDs were missing from the Smith home. All those items were noticed missing by a family member and described to police by an informant who stated similar items were in Easely's SUV when McElvey bought the vehicle.

In the search warrant, investigators wrote that the information provided by the informant, the inconsistent statements by McElvy and his friend, plus the fact that McElvy was with Easley "near the crime scene and within the time parameters (of the killing) "leads investigators to believe McElvy "could have assisted in the murder" of Tina Smith.

BBM...who is this informant I wonder???
Meaning they had enough probable cause to get the search warrant....
the fact that he hasn't been arrested or named a person of interest leads me to believe they didn't find anything that could link either them to the murder.

BBM. Could it be AMc's GF?

I thought that myself because it seemed on his MS he says that he is NOT the person she thought he was.......something like that and it seemed that there was trouble in his relationship........IIRC it was one of his last posts 12/5 maybe???

<snip>

Mike Duvall was on duty that night. Until this story broke, he had always thought Easley and Smith were a couple. He never saw them with Brittany's mother.

"They were always in here three or four times a week," he said. "They were pretty much hanging all over each other. You know... acting real lovey dovey."

According to Duvall, everything seemed normal that night except that, "It was as cold as I don't know what and she was wearing short sleeve shirt, no jacket or anything... and I was like, 'Ok...'"

Pulling up in his red Chevy SUV, police believe Easley met up with McElvy, whose car also appears in the video. Within hours, the SUV would be bought by McElvy and the warrant states McElvy's car was later found "abandoned."

AppleMart manager Debbi Paultre knew Tina Smith as well as Brittany and Easley.

While she has no issue showing the video, she finds the whole story tough to swallow.

"They were all very nice people. Very nice people. With what happened you wouldn't think so... if you knew the people," she said.

How is it that the manager knew the family but the clerk didn't?? Did he and the manager never work the same shift together or was the manager never on duty when BS and JE came in together all "lovey dovey"?

And why would McElvy "abandon" his car??

I'm sooooooo confused.....

You know, there's a chance that Brittany didn't know her mom was dead when they initially left. Buying the camping equipment does imply that she knew they were going away. She does appear nervous but she does not look like a girl whose mother was just murdered. I wonder if TS and JE had it out over BS (it may have gotten physical), JE took BS and left, and someone else came and finished TS off.

This is just speculation as I do believe that JE is fully capable of having done the deed himself.

But with all this news of AM and JM...I think someone else said it best when they said it has all gotten so much more confusing.
BBM. Now I'm starting to wonder if JE kicked the door in and broke the alarm so he would be sure the alarm would be disabled when his accomplice broke into the house days later. (I haven't read all the threads so if I'm totally off base, forgive me)

It IS confusing. One thing I have been thinking is... if Brittany didn't know her mother was dead, why would she think it was OK to be taking her mother's car to California?! If she thought her mother was alive and they were just running away, Brittany would know she'd need her car.

Possibly. The warrant stated that based on the informants information, the inconsistent statements of AM and his girlfriend.....

They could be the same person, or it could be someone else. Maybe who ever else was in AM's car. (although that could have been the gf too.)

That was my initial thought, too. But I don't think it's her because LE says AMc & JM's stories didn't match, and neither mentioned seeing JE and/or BS that night. JMO

Possibly. The warrant stated that based on the informants information, the inconsistent statements of AM and his girlfriend.....

They could be the same person, or it could be someone else. Maybe who ever else was in AM's car. (although that could have been the gf too.)

Ahhh, ok. I never read the search warrant. I haven't been reading links lately. Has AMc's GF's name been thrown around as a possible accomplice? Or if not accomplice, someone knowing more than they should other than what was said in the warrant? If not, she could be their informant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phnix