GUILTY VA - Tina Smith, 41, slain, 12yo daughter abducted, Salem, 2 Dec 2010 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of those pics look like self portraits to me. Plus, cameras have timers and remotes.

It IS confusing. One thing I have been thinking is... if Brittany didn't know her mother was dead, why would she think it was OK to be taking her mother's car to California?! If she thought her mother was alive and they were just running away, Brittany would know she'd need her car.

Also now that we know that JE's SUV was loaded with Tina (mom's)
TV, DVD, Wi...........makes me think that BS knew mom was dead also.

...(snipped)...

Pulling up in his red Chevy SUV, police believe Easley met up with McElvy, whose car also appears in the video. Within hours, the SUV would be bought by McElvy and the warrant states McElvy's car was later found "abandoned."
...(snipped)...
And why would McElvy "abandon" his car??

I'm sooooooo confused.....

BBM

I wonder if JE's initial plan was to take the purple car because would be on the lookout for him in that car. Traded the red Blazer and electronics for the purple car plus some cash, maybe. He later decided to ditch it for some reason and ended up taking TS's silver Neon?

It IS confusing. One thing I have been thinking is... if Brittany didn't know her mother was dead, why would she think it was OK to be taking her mother's car to California?! If she thought her mother was alive and they were just running away, Brittany would know she'd need her car.

Maybe TS was still alive during the Wal-Mart/AM trips. It could be entirely possible for JE to take TS's cards out of her purse without Brittany knowing. Then TS was later killed and JE took the car and told Brittany later...

There are many other ways that this whole thing went down - just trying to think of some others.

Ahhh, ok. I never read the search warrant. I haven't been reading links lately. Has AMc's GF's name been thrown around as a possible accomplice? Or if not accomplice, someone knowing more than they should other than what was said in the warrant? If not, she could be their informant.

I don't think so. All I've pretty much read was that her statements didn't match AMs. They searched a duplex, I'm not sure if they were both still living there. They have a baby together, but from the posts on his FB, they were having problems.

The article did state that neither one of them mentioned meeting JE at the AM. SO maybe she was the other person in the car, or she was at home when he left. For them to include her in that statement, LE most likely had reason to believe that she knew what happened at the AM but didn't tell them.

she hurt all over? even her bones hurt? going to DR.
BUT she sure didn't seem 'ill' (flu) at Walmart/Applemart ...............

and at same time mom says ............protect us from evils..............

what happened to BS????

She wasn't exactly bumping off walls or smiling in any of the WM or AM videos either.

I wonder if she did go to the doctor that day...

As quoted in the MSM link provided up thread (ie I did not cut and paste from myspace or facebook)

• Dec. 2: Brittany on MySpace: "Whatever! Nothing goes right in my life. HCB ILU (Handcuff Buddy, I love you.)"
  • Tina Smith on MySpace: "Everything happens for a reason Britt. ILU"
  • Jeffrey Easley on MySpace: "Trust me. Everything will work out. ILU2"
  • Dec. 3: Brittany on Facebook: "My whole body hurts. Even my bones. Going to the doctor."
  • Tina Smith on Facebook: "God please protect us from the evils of this world."

Is this the first time we have seen the doctor comment?
I knew she didn't go to school.

I don't see how BS could have been shielded from the murder of her mother. There was so much more involved than we originally were laying out. Rage attack upon confrontation, run to walmart and hit the road, now we have facebook spanning two days (JE posts on Saturday that he has a lot on his mind), the gas station stop, the sale of the SUV, the theft of items from the house, at least one additional person involved if not more.

We now know why BS didn't go to school on Friday 12/3

http://www.roanoke.com/multimedia/brittanysmith

That makes me feel worse for her without a coat in that weather, if she really was sick. I can't imagine being sick and then being out there in 30-ish degree weather with no coat or jacket.

OTOH, I'm sure LE knew about the trip to the doctor, right? So why would they withhold that info from the public and say 'they went shopping' or something to that effect? Remember that?

what happened to BS????

IS it possible that TS had kicked JE out and this "hurt" was a broken heart. Whatever feelings she may have thought she had for JE, she might have felt "hurt" that he was gone. To a 12 year old, those feelings could be dramatically described this way. Just a thought.

Maybe TS was taking her to the doctor to get checked out? Suspected she was being molested ("protect us from the evils of the world")

As she walked into the store, Shanley remembered seeing the aunt of a missing girl on CNN pleading for her niece to come home. Shanley couldn't find her cellphone, and asked a clerk to call police.

About eight police cars arrived within minutes, she said. When Shanley next saw Brittany, she was in the back of a cruiser, crying.

"I don't consider myself a hero, I just consider myself a mom," Shanley said. "You have to look out for other people's children."

Easley and Brittany weren't sighted from the time they left Roanoke County on Dec. 3 until their discovery outside a San Francisco supermarket Dec. 10. Police won't say what details they've gathered about the cross-country trip and are trying to protect the girl, Hall said.

"Just based on some of the information that she's given, it's led them to want to take care of her," Hall said.

http://www.roanoke.com/news/roanoke/wb/270698

Just catching up. seems I missed a lot.
If I had to guess, I would say the "informant" is someone who was rustled up in the drug bust the other day. What better way for LE to get info than get a bunch of druggies together and start offering deals to the ones that talked.

BBM

The Wii, DVD player, and DVDs - not so much. But the flat screen TV? It would depend on how big. We moved one a few months ago for my parents in our car, and DH -- who is 6'1" and about 230 could not move it alone. :twocents: (ETA: the TV we moved was huge - maybe 52" or larger?)

My 42" flat screen weighs 95 lbs. but it is four years old. I'm sure the newer ones are a lighter weight. It took two men to hold and mount it over my fireplace FWIW.

That makes me feel worse for her without a coat in that weather, if she really was sick. I can't imagine being sick and then being out there in 30-ish degree weather with no coat or jacket.

OTOH, I'm sure LE knew about the trip to the doctor, right? So why would they withhold that info from the public and say 'they went shopping' or something to that effect? Remember that?

I was just thinking that Tina knew CPS had been contacted, her family told her they had called. Did they post that explain why she wasn't in school that day? I thought Tina was trying to get him out of the house before CPS was on her doorstep and was trying to keep BS close to her that day. Her posts clearly say she knew they were in trouble.

I'm kinda thinking that Brittany wrote that she was sick and that her bones hurt more as a ruse then that she was actually sick.

What makes you think she actually went to the doctor? Just because she presumably posted something on the internet doesn't mean she went to the doctor.

what happened to BS????

She did walk slowly she may have been ill on the WM video.
I thought she was in shock or he had rouhed her up enough to be in shock and aching all over.
You can't always tell with some people esp with a grainy video surveillance camera.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LitWiz