VA - Virginia Tech Shooting, 32 murdered, 23 injured, 16 April 2007

Fox reporting that 32 have died thus far. Keep in mind the number of deaths changes from channel to channel.
I thought Fox said 32 dead and 21 injured. Of course, we all know that count could be totally wrong. We will have to wait until later to hear an accurate report.

This is such a terrible tragedy.. I am wondering how only one gunman was able to shoot 60 people.. It would seem more likely that there was more than one.. Otherwise he would have to keep changing clips and you would think someone would have tackled him down while he was reloading..

This is such a terrible tragedy.. I am wondering how only one gunman was able to shoot 60 people.. It would seem more likely that there was more than one.. Otherwise he would have to keep changing clips and you would think someone would have tackled him down while he was reloading..

You know I was thinking the same thing...if I felt I was going to die anyway I would have been trying to take this guy down. At that point what would I have to lose if I'm already dead.

Now FOX says 32 dead and 21 hopitalized with injuries.

What a way to have a reunion, hugs to Shadow and HOT...

My heart breaks...this is just incomprehensible to me.

Why?

CBS News says it was an Asian male who took his own life, most likely two weapons used. I too am shocked that one person could shoot so many people without getting caught/tackled sooner.

I just heard on a local station, News 7 Roanoke that there was 1 killed in the first shooting in the dorm but that there were also 10 people injured. I had not heard that before but I thought there was only the one shot in the first incident.
Sorry I don't have a link for that info or confirmation so I cannot say that it is valid information.

I think he was able to shoot so many in the second episode because all of law enforcement was at the first scene.

University officials said the shootings happened at opposite ends of the campus, beginning at about 7:15 a.m. at West Ambler Johnston Hall, a co-ed dorm that houses 895 people. The second shooting was about two hours later at Norris Hall, an engineering building.

Charles Steger, the school's president, said that the shooter in Norris Hall was deceased.

http://www.wjactv.com/tu/5o9jvTtrY.html

So is there a 2nd shooter at large? Or unknown?

I just heard on a local station, News 7 Roanoke that there was 1 killed in the first shooting in the dorm but that there were also 10 people injured. I had not heard that before but I thought there was only the one shot in the first incident.
Sorry I don't have a link for that info or confirmation so I cannot say that it is valid information.

Virginia Tech Police Chief Wendell Flinchum said one student was killed in the first shooting -- at a dormitory -- and the others were killed in an academic building.

I can only found 'killed', not injured Shadow...this whole thing is just so horrible.

This massacre is one of the crimes of the century,it dwarfs Columbine---This ranks up there with the Tasmanian massacre a few years ago,the blonde surfer guy who shot dozens--Also ranks up there with Britain's crime of the century when a scottish madman shot to death 16 4-and-5 year olds at a British Kindergarten--Of course the worst non-war massacre was a few years ago in Russia where Chechen terrorists wound up killing about 150 young students at a school there---right now the parents of those poor kids in Blacksburg are in anguish,prayers go out to them,questioning why such a senseless slaughter at the hands of one sadistic *advertiser censored*

Now FOX says 32 dead and 21 hopitalized with injuries.

Shadow205, it sounds like you were pretty close. 32+ 21= 53. Too close to 60 if you ask me.

On the 9mm how many bullets in a clip? He had two weapons.

Some were shot in one building and some in another two hours later, allowing plenty of time for a reload. And he could also have had extra pre loaded clips.

It's funny (well, not funny, but you know what I mean - I hope) because this morning I was so crabby and irritated that my life is so boring. I get sick of coming in to work, day in and day out, the movie Groundhog Day over and over and over. But man, this wakes me up. I'd give anything to have my boring old Groundhog Day-esque life than to have to see this kind of stuff. I pray for everyone involved. Don't take your life for granted, folks.

7:15 a.m. -- Shootings reported at Va. Tech campus at West Ambler Johnston Hall, a co-ed residence hall that houses 895 people.

8 a.m. -- Aimee Kanode, a freshman from Martinsville on the third floor of West Ambler Johnston dormitory says she was notified to stay in her
room by her resident assistant.

9:15 a.m. -- A shooting reported at Norris Hall, an engineering building.

9:47 a.m. -- CollegiateTimes.com, a Virginia Tech student news site, reportsshots were fired on campus in West Ambler Johnson Hall.

10:04 a.m. -- CollegiateTimes.com reports the university encourages everyone to stay indoors and away from windows. West Ambler Johnston and Squires are locked down.

10:20 a.m. -- CollegiateTimes.com reports, all classes are canceled.

10:36 a.m. -- CollegiateTimes.com reports, due to serious wind helicopters cannot be used to transfer the injured. According to police scanners, ambulances used to transport the victims to Montgomery Regional Hospital

Reported on Fox

Hi Mysteriew, I just read at CTV {not a link I know ;} that one gun was a 9mm and the other a .22 calibur.

April 16, 2007: A gunman kills 21 people in a dorm and a classroom at Virginia Tech in Blacksburg, Va.

Sept. 2, 2006: Douglas W. Pennington, 49, kills himself and his two sons, Logan P. Pennington, 26, and Benjamin M. Pennington, 24, during a visit to the campus of Shepherd University in Shepherdstown, W.Va.

Oct. 28, 2002: Failing University of Arizona Nursing College student and Gulf War veteran Robert Flores, 40, walks into an instructor's office and fatally shoots her. A few minutes later, armed with five guns, he enters one of his nursing classrooms and kills two more of his instructors before fatally shooting himself.

Jan. 16, 2002: Graduate student Peter Odighizuwa, 42, recently dismissed from Virginia's Appalachian School of Law, returns to campus and kills the dean, a professor and a student before being tackled by students. The attack also wounds three female students.

Aug. 28, 2000: James Easton Kelly, 36, a University of Arkansas graduate student recently dropped from a doctoral program after a decade of study, and John Locke, 67, the English professor overseeing his coursework, are shot to death in an apparent murder-suicide.

Aug. 15, 1996: Frederick Martin Davidson, 36, a graduate engineering student at San Diego State, is defending his thesis before a faculty committee when he pulls out a handgun and kills three professors.

Nov. 1, 1991: Gang Lu, 28, a graduate student in physics from China, reportedly upset because he was passed over for an academic honor, opens fire in two buildings on the University of Iowa campus. Five University of Iowa employees are killed, including four members of the Physics Department; two other people are wounded. The student fatally shoots himself.

Aug. 1, 1966: Charles Whitman points a rifle from the observation deck of the University of Texas at Austin's Tower and begins shooting in a homicidal rampage that goes on for 96 minutes. Sixteen people are killed, including his wife and mother, who were shot the night before; 31 others are wounded.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back