Vehicles

Respectfully copied from Search thread

What year was that Monte Carlo..??
This could be a Grand Prix though... anywho... My heart jumped a beat or too... That is not the correct address in the search..

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=1507+...id=t1aa5ktstvvMvGGTNj0fLA&cbp=12,39.04,,0,6.3
This pic bugs me too.... its on the next road over... dumping spot and the manhole cover... and the no trespassing sign...
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=1507+...8&ll=35.746756,-81.297409&spn=0,0.002583&z=19
And I couldn't resist posting this.... I'ts amazing what you can find on google maps :)
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=1507+...9&ll=35.746295,-81.297401&spn=0,0.002583&z=19

From your 2nd link, there is a house up the street that has a ton of cars. From what we know about the supposed Monte Carlo, it was a model from the 1970's. They look very similar to a car that is in that house's backyard. I have attached a picture from Google Street View of that car. I'm not a car expert, so I'm NOT saying 100% that is a Monte Carlo, but MC's from that era look very similar.

bringing over from search thread

hope this is what u wanted

picture.php

bringing over

OMG! I just had a eureka moment. Check out the "grey car cover" in the thumbnail pic attached to your quote Celt! This google pic was taken "near" a former residence of AB & EB. Didn't we speculate that the "grey tarp" in the backyard of the last family home was actually a "grey car cover"? I don't remember who the poster was - but I think they nailed it.

brought over from search thread

TY Myzzy Sooooo Much! (on my knees bowing from the waist, saying "alla, alla, alla") You are my hero! thank you for the illustrative visual of the google map near the former residence of EB & AB compared to a random picture of a 1973 Monte Carlo.

brought over

Please keep in mind that "near" is actually a couple of blocks away. In no way do I believe the picture from Google is of any connection to this case. I just wanted to put that out there.

Someone wanted to know what a Monte Carlo may look like on those maps, and this was the closest I could get.

brought over

QUOTE=wenwe4;5768490]Actually, I just caught myself almost accidentally (unintentially) stating something wrong - so I fixed it. I changed my wording from @ at former residence to "near" a former residence of AB & EB. I am not sure how far away these cars actually are from the former residence - but I am off to look now.[/QUOTE]

brought over from search thread

This was posted by agathawannabe and referenced in the thread (see below)
http://s857.photobucket.com/albums/ab138/awws_photos/zbcase/

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5721283&highlight=baker+addresses#post5721283

Does that look like it could be a 4 door 1990 Camry in the picture with the Monte Carlo, the car under a grey tarp - some 2 blocks away from their previous address? OK, now I really am curious. Just going to speculate and ponder here. See Myzzy post this thread pg 1 @ bottom of pg (#25).

If the registration tags were not legal . . . then Would AB & EB have parked their vehicles away from the family home to keep LE from recognizing the cars on the street directly in front of their home thus giving away their actual address to LE?

Didn't they both have outstanding warrants for various crimes they were accused of committing? If I had the cops out looking for me and I had altered tags on my car - I might want to hide my car down the block or somewhere not directly near my home. Any thoughts on these ideas?

brought over

Only thing I can add is that I've said many times that if the MC did exist, I'd bet it wasn't registered. And that I'm almost completely convinced that the grey tarp thing we saw LE taking into evidence was in fact, a car cover.

brought over by me

Thanks, wenwe! I was about to take care of that for you, but you did a great job. :)

I think that the car that is on the google maps pic looks a lot like a later model oldsmobile cutlass. I do not know if I am right but it is an educated guess. Hope it helps.

Just to elaborate on that car is a cutlass supreme defin a 70's model and I am so proud of myself for that. Yeah me :woohoo:

Just to elaborate on that car is a cutlass supreme defin a 70's model and I am so proud of myself for that. Yeah me :woohoo:

Can you post a pic of which 70's model cutlass supreme you are referring to? I would love to compare and contrast. Thanks!

This is the map of the address of where the pic of the 1970's Monte Carlo was parked and it's proximity to one of EB's former addresses.

Only thing I can add is that I've said many times that if the MC did exist, I'd bet it wasn't registered. And that I'm almost completely convinced that the grey tarp thing we saw LE taking into evidence was in fact, a car cover.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou...609,-81.298571&spn=0.004554,0.011319&t=h&z=17

Going on my previous speculation (see post #30 above) about EB and AB leaving the MC down the road a few blocks to keep LE from associating this car with them, I was astounded to see how close these cars actually are from the previous address. Maybe I am just chasing red herrings . . . . but it is somewhat of a coinky-dink, dontcha think?

Is there an elevation issue here? Wondering why google maps would take me all the way around unless the paved road just ends there.

Unfortunately, I don't know how much farther we can take our speculation regarding the MC. It would be helpful to know where this information came from in the first place. Was it someone who knew EB intimately, or just a friend of a friend? See where I'm heading with this? Perhaps it wasn't even EB's car, perhaps it belonged to a friend or family member and she was allowed to drive it until she procured a vehicle of her own. Or perhaps the person who gave LE this info was simply mistaken.

My personal feeling is that this car probably did exist. But there are just so many unknowns here, I don't see how my "gut feeling" can be persued any farther. I am, however, almost completely convinced that what we saw LE folding and bagging for evidence was, in fact , a car cover. Was it used to cover this mysterious MC? No earthy idea.

respectfully brought over by me
from #22 page 6, of the original pages before we broke out into forums:

10-24-2010, 10:46 PM
agathawannabe
Registered User Join Date: Nov 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLaw2000
Hi, agatha. I am just now getting to your post. Good work on the 2005 Impala! Now IF the tags are not matching the registration and information, somebody is in big trouble, IMO. Do I also understand that the tags on the Tahoe and Camry are not the tags that should be on the respective vehicles also?

As for the Monte Carlo; IMO, it belongs to a family member as well. That is just a IMO on my part. WTH is going on with these vehicles?

MOO's

Hi LaLaw,

Thank you

You would think (as I would) that putting some other car's license plate onto your car would get you in big trouble. But just look at EB's criminal history. It looks as if she did it over and over and never got more than a slap on the wrist. She drove for years on a revoked driver license. Presented fictitious info to officers, etc. (Linked above: spreadsheet; also see screenshots: Part 1, Part2, Part3)

When the warrant was served at the Bakers' residence --

Just the Impala had improper/incorrect/switched tags on it

(it had an expired registration in DMV records in the name of a family member; but, the tag recorded on the warrant appears to belong to a different vehicle).

The Tahoe had a tag correctly matched to its VIN, but expired.

The Camry had a tag correctly matched to its VIN and current (in the name of a family member).

hth

brought over by me from #22 pg 4 post#82 (the link for me doesn't work but I am still trying to find the original source of the MC info)

10-24-2010, 08:40 PM
agathawannabe
Registered User Join Date: Nov 2008

[Update] Vehicles in Search Warrant

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update to my post on page 2 of this thread.

Okay, I found the 2005 Impala in DMV records. It appears to be a case of the license plate on the car having been swapped at some point. As you can see the tag # in the DMV record and the tag # on the search warrant are nowhere close to matching.

http://s857.photobucket.com/albums/a...photos/zbcase/

Linked above are screenshots of the registrations for the 1990 Camry and the 2005 Impala (both show registration to EB family members; full names & addresses redacted for privacy reasons).

ETA: Now where's that darned Monte Carlo??

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BBrown
Back