Vehicles

brought over by me from #22 pg2 post# 27

10-24-2010, 04:51 PM
agathawannabe
Registered User Join Date: Nov 2008

Vehicles at Baker residence

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks to everyone who played my Impala tag # guessing game in thread #21 - I appreciate it!

Here's what I'm able to say, at this time, about the vehicles shown in the warrant:

None of the vehicles listed on the warrant come up in a DMV search as being registered to either EB or AB. I don't find this surprising, given EB's long history of driving unregistered vehicles. (EB's criminal history: Spreadsheet | Screenshot PDFs: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3)

The Tahoe does not come up in a search by its tag #. It does, however, come up in a search on its VIN - but the resulting record has a different tag # associated with it. Although expired, the record shows having last been registered to a lawn service. I'm satisfied this is, as reported, a work truck.

The Camry comes up as currently registered to a family member of EB. Nothing strikes me as particularly important or nefarious about this connection.

The last digit of the Impala's tag # is in question (illegible on the warrant) and there is no VIN listed for it. In a DMV search by tag:

I get no hit if I use -1 as the last digit.
I get hits if I use -7 or -8 as the last digit, but neither result is that of any person I know to be among EB's family or friends; also, neither resulting record is shown to be for an Impala.
Of course, I realize it's possible for an incorrect license plate to have actually been on the Impala at the time LE executed the warrant.

As time permits, I'll see if I can determine any connection re the Impala - I was soliciting opinions to help me decide which record to start with. Thanks for all the input! I'll post an update if I make any interesting determinations.

Also, I am trying to come up with some details on the (alleged) missing Monte Carlo; however, I expect this to take some time, as it looks like I'll need to make a FOIA request (and hope to get the info I'm looking for) to get started.

I'm hoping Zahra will be found much sooner than I'll be able to chase all these details down!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by agathawannabe; 10-24-2010 at 05:08 PM. Reason: clarification

Is the Tahoe a 4 wheel drive? Is it the only vehicle the AB/EB used that would be able to access the rougher terrain search areas?

I suspected as much regarding vehicle registration/tags, but I would NEVER have had the time to do all that leg work. Great job, guys! :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back