VERDICT is IN!! #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
* Hope someone will post the foreperson's nic. My guess is Maureen.

* Re JA fracas with her DT, it could be Jodi asked, "What do we do next?" and JW/KM replied, "There is no "we" now."

* Re felony murder, I thought JM tossed that in for any juror who didn't believe Jodi arrived with Gramps gun. Even if the gun she fired into TA was his, she had no right to leave the house with it after she'd butchered him, since TA was in no condition to give his permission. That's burglary.

I just got a text from CBS 5: Jury finds Jodi Arias guilty of first-degree murder in the death of ex-boyfriend.

Wow..talk about a day late.

Me too. Why did they bother. The whole point of getting a text is because it's happening immediately.

Still, I found out through websleuths. WAT did not have the news for like, three pages of posts. LOL.

Travis never laid a hand on Jodi, not even to save his own life.

Exactly !!!!! I don't know any man who wouldn't have went after her, but not Travis. A Great Loss to this world IMO.
But he would be proud that he affect to many lives and how many people love his spirit without even meeting him.

Rest In Peace now Travis

_64101385_111727875.jpg

This just in! CBS-5 has JUST announced via text message to me that a jury finds Jodi Arias guilty of first-degree murder for killing her ex-boyfriend.

Also just in: 3 women abducted over ten years ago have JUST been found safe and alive in Cleveland.

Sheesh.

I'm not delighted. I'm grateful. I feel an immense amount of gratitude that the world is as it should be...instead of feeling as though I'm in a waking nightmare. (The Anthony verdict.) Am I delighted? No. A conviction doesn't bring Travis back - it does restore a bit of his character though, the character shredded by the defendant and her team to diminish her culpability, a pattern apparent throughout her life.

A conviction won't stop the pain of all those who loved Travis but ironically, by denigrating and disparaging the victim repeatedly, the defendant caused whole swaths of people to gravitate towards supporting the true victim, the only victim, Travis Victor Alexander, and championing justice on his behalf.

Those same people are now crying, hugging, cheering...or perhaps even demolishing their own 'celebratory' container of Ben & Jerry's Blondie Brownie. ;) (If the verdict had been different it would have been a commiserating container though.)

Is everyone here delighted then? Nobody who finds the whole thing really sad?

I absolutely understand & relate to what you mean, I think. It's an odd emotion for me. While I feel tremendous relief & happiness that the jury saw past all the ugliness they tried to portray, there's a deep sense of grief & sorrow that accompanies it that's been quite hard to put my finger on. I think it's our natural human instinct to feel compassion & sorrow for JA's family? It seemed to me that her grandmother had a look of both resignation & compassion as she looked over at the jurors/Alexander family. I've prayed constantly for justice & I know that's what we've seen today! For that I'm allowing myself to celebrate & enjoy the rest of my day! I pray you'll join me?!:seeya:

The ONLY way JA can even hope for an ounce of sympathy from the jurors is to come clean about everything. It won't work but that's her only chance. If she continues her smirking then she is assured of the needle!!

That is true from what I have read but I do not get how they are going to choose, DP or LWOP?? Anyone?

They will choose DP or no DP. If they choose no DP it is up to the judge to choose LWOP or life with the possibility of parole after 25 years.

Penalty/aggravation phase starts tomorrow @ 1 AZ time....Cruelty proven ..imo oh yes time for the jurrors to let lose...

Well, personally, I'm happy as a pig in mud that a murderer was found Guilty. And I don't feel bad about that in the least.

I do, however, feel compassion, and terrible for Travis' friends and family for all they have endured and will continue to endure for their loss.

Thanks, Lotus! I responded to that post too. I was so angry by the poster absolutely ignoring the facts of the case, I impulse reacted. But I'm done too! Ignore!! :D

I saw that a number of us responded, there's always a rotten apple in every bunch. Maybe Jean C will report on that later.

Well I guess I better go back to being spiteful and jealous since that's what we're all about LOL... Where's my damn mirror!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vsora1