Verdict Watch Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have believed for some time now that both MS and DM were armed on TB's test drive, and when I read AC's article today it only convinces me more that both shot TB. The jury can't know there were two guns. Very unfortunate that this evidence wasn't permitted at trial.

All MOO.

I found it interesting how the lawyers had to tip toe around him so he wouldn't cause a mistrial.

I was in court the day DM's Uncle testified. RB was so angry at DM, the entire courtroom could feel it. The look in his eyes when he looked at DM...pure hate. He was on & off the stand several times, due to expanding on his answers to the Crown...rather than giving a yes or no, he would elaborate & say more than he was allowed to say. After the 2nd or 3rd time he was asked to step out of the courtroom, DM's lawyer kept objecting & because RB was trying to assassinate his client's character. The judge asked the Crown TL, what RP was referring to...TL said that RP was referring to RB's statement to the police, he stated his nephew was a sick, twisted puppy. The entire courtroom laughed. I kid you not...when RB walked past me...the veins in his temples were popping. He was beyond disgusted with his nephew.

added note - The Crown was given permission to treat RB as a hostile witness & ask leading questions, to keep his witness under control from saying something that could cause a mistrial.

I feel for the Jury, If they reach a verdict less than M1 and then come out of deliberations to read what they didnt hear....

I was talking to my husband about this exact issue last night. By nature I am a very curious person but if I was on the jury, I wouldn't be able to read the media coverage if they don't come to 1st degree for both. I would hate myself forever reading things that may have given me more info to convict but I wasn't allowed to know.

To me.....the evidence that was excluded that points directly to premeditation was DM's text to Isho "By the time I let her go, she'll be a dirty girl." I really am curious why this wasn't allowed.....shows mindset to me....

DM and possible drug smuggling.....this was brought up many times.....interesting about MM and the pregnancy belly....thinking outside the box DM!

MS and DM are both scumbags and a lot of evidence of this was excluded (DM's lawyers harping on MS's drug use....pot meet kettle!).....

2 guns. We kinda figured that. RB hated DM. We could tell. Drug use. Not a big surprise. LW2 being combative. Why else would she have been handcuffed?

MS bullet FB post.....if my friend's somewhat ambiguous/artsy FB posts could be used against them, there would be trouble.....

So overall, I'm not majorly surprised.....MOO

I am so pissed off from reading what the jury couldn't hear that I need a stiff drink. Anyone else joining in? It's 5 o'clock somewhere (4:44pm where I am so close enough!).

I have believed for some time now that both MS and DM were armed on TB's test drive, and when I read AC's article today it only convinces me more that both shot TB. The jury can't know there were two guns. Very unfortunate that this evidence wasn't permitted at trial.

All MOO.

Nice to know that murderers have more rights than victims. 2 guns. One for each of them. How nice.

All MOO.

Although, if there was any evidence that the gun #2 could be there on May 6, it would be included. Most likely, there is evidence that by the time that gun was out of reach for both MS and DM.

added note - The Crown was given permission to treat RB as a hostile witness & ask leading questions, to keep his witness under control from saying something that could cause a mistrial.

Snipped by me for clarity.

That is interesting! I am so curious to hear anyone else's stories that were in court and saw things that were out of the presence of the jury.

littlesauce, Can you explain what you were talking about earlier today please? What pieces of evidence were kept under ban because of DM's requests?

..as the jury was about to retire to begin deliberations:

Hayley Cooper ‏@HayleyBCooper
Hayley Cooper Retweeted NEWSTALK1010
Mark Smich lost colour in his face, went pale. Dellen Millard sat, looking calmly at jury right before. #Bosma

I was in court the day DM's Uncle testified. RB was so angry at DM, the entire courtroom could feel it. The look in his eyes when he looked at DM...pure hate. He was on & off the stand several times, due to expanding on his answers to the Crown...rather than giving a yes or no, he would elaborate & say more than he was allowed to say. After the 2nd or 3rd time he was asked to step out of the courtroom, DM's lawyer kept objecting & because RB was trying to assassinate his client's character. The judge asked the Crown TL, what RP was referring to...TL said that RP was referring to RB's statement to the police, he stated his nephew was a sick, twisted puppy. The entire courtroom laughed. I kid you not...when RB walked past me...the veins in his temples were popping. He was beyond disgusted with his nephew.

Thank you so much for sharing this. Tweets just can't cover it all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am so pissed off from reading what the jury couldn't hear that I need a stiff drink. Anyone else joining in? It's 5 o'clock somewhere (4:44pm where I am so close enough!).

Good idea, some Wine will definitely take the edge off. Cant imagine what SB is going through right....

Yes ... Every day until they reach a verdict.

I would be very surprised if they wouldn't be done today latest tomorrow. I'm a little disappointed they aren't done already. I know I would be.

littlesauce, Can you explain what you were talking about earlier today please? What pieces of evidence were kept under ban because of DM's requests?

Not to jump in.....but since they are STILL under a pub ban.....littlesauce likely can't talk about it....

Snipped by me for clarity.

That is interesting! I am so curious to hear anyone else's stories that were in court and saw things that were out of the presence of the jury.

YES ... All who attended court, please share if you are comfortable doing so! [emoji4] As long as it doesn't involve the Laura Babcock or Wayne Millard or CN or MWJ cases.

I would be very surprised if they wouldn't be done today latest tomorrow. I'm a little disappointed they aren't done already. I know I would be.

They are going to need 2 days and an arborist to figure out all those trees before they can even start to deliberate!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500