Verdict Watch Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm actually feeling quite emotional as I know many of you are too. Thinking of the victim Tim Bosma and all those who love him and it's just overwhelming to think about what happened sometimes - it is beyond heartbreaking!! Glad I don't have to put aside sentiment to continue discussing this case as the jury must, according to the judge's impeccably detailed instructions!

Yes, mozzagirl, I need a stiff drink too. Count me in. Lol I'm not even a drinker but I truly could use one now.

All MOO.

I was in court the day DM's Uncle testified. RB was so angry at DM, the entire courtroom could feel it. The look in his eyes when he looked at DM...pure hate. He was on & off the stand several times, due to expanding on his answers to the Crown...rather than giving a yes or no, he would elaborate & say more than he was allowed to say. After the 2nd or 3rd time he was asked to step out of the courtroom, DM's lawyer kept objecting & because RB was trying to assassinate his client's character. The judge asked the Crown TL, what RP was referring to...TL said that RP was referring to RB's statement to the police, he stated his nephew was a sick, twisted puppy. The entire courtroom laughed. I kid you not...when RB walked past me...the veins in his temples were popping. He was beyond disgusted with his nephew.

added note - The Crown was given permission to treat RB as a hostile witness & ask leading questions, to keep his witness under control from saying something that could cause a mistrial.

Did all of this happen in front of the jury???

The two gun thing - is this implying that they both shot TB? Dear god...

Still nothing about the hoses. So maybe this is a repeat performance therefore can't be discussed until the LB trial?

The Crown also got shut down when discussing the building that DM wanted to build on the farm property. I was hoping to hear why that was thrown out.

I'm surprised AC is the only article out so far.. Anyone else come across any additional info yet?

Did all of this happen in front of the jury???

Every time DM's lawyers objected, the Uncle RB & the jury, would be asked to leave the courtroom, they'd argue about his importance as a witness, compared to the possible damage of character assassination...& then they'd invite RB & the jury back into the courtroom. RB & the jury were asked to step out 3 times in under 30 min. The Crown was told by the judge to keep his witness under control.

Those dreaded hoses. Lol. Stiff drinks for all. Oh wait verdict in already? (Wishful thinking)

They are going to need 2 days and an arborist to figure out all those trees before they can even start to deliberate!!!

LOL, good one! But instead of an arborist tthey have the jury foreperson, who will in fact guide them systematically through the decision trees and discussions of the evidence, so no 15-minute verdict is in the offing. They will carefully go over the options.

Good time to review his testimony with this new information. It really takes the doubt out of the Incinerator business.

MOO

After hearing RB's testimony that day...I had absolutely no doubt the pet incineration business was a total fabrication by DM.

I am so pissed off from reading what the jury couldn't hear that I need a stiff drink. Anyone else joining in? It's 5 o'clock somewhere (4:44pm where I am so close enough!).

LOL. Ok, I'll get a beer.

The judge has to be very cautious. This trial was very exhausting both emotionally and money-wise. A mistrial situation would be highly undesirable. We can be sure, each of the excluded pieces was excluded for a good reason.

The two gun thing - is this implying that they both shot TB? Dear god...

No, I believe it implies that the other gun was used on possibly LB but for sure WM's suicide which was probably retrieved at the scene

On an unrelated note, I wonder if there is a judge who never had this desire to take his or her gavel and make a schnitzel out of the accused.

Every time DM's lawyers objected, the Uncle RB & the jury, would be asked to leave the courtroom, they'd argue about his importance as a witness, compared to the possible damage of character assassination...& then they'd invite RB & the jury back into the courtroom. RB & the jury were asked to step out 3 times in under 30 min. The Crown was told by the judge to keep his witness under control.

I'm guessing DM wasn't smiling & waving.

No, I believe it implies that the other gun was used on possibly LB but for sure WM's suicide which was probably retrieved at the scene

Good thinking! That is possible.

There is so much more evidence that was excluded and we won't get to see until spring 2017 when LB's trial is held. I'm hoping that the Bosma Army's prayers are answered. I just have to have faith that the right verdicts will be delivered for both accused despite the things that the jury could not know. God (or a higher power) is known to work in mysterious ways. :)

No matter what the jury decides, I am still prepared to accept their judgment and trust it will be guided by the evidence, common sense and wisdom.

All MOO.

Something would be very weird if they deemed it a suicide and didn't retrieve the gun.

MOO

I'm guessing DM wasn't smiling & waving.

Of the 4 days I attended court, it was the only time I saw DM look angry at a witness...but still smiling. Kind of like a smug, evil grin would best describe the look on his face. I had an excellent view of the accused's faces on 3 of 4 days I attended. No waving though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500