Verdict Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just speculation... if we hear a GUILTY verdict, do you think PY will sit quietly or will she have an outburst in the courtroom??

I'm a nervous wreck today!! :panic:

I think she will give some kind of not-too-loud Basque wail....:noooo::noooo::noooo:

Same here, happy2, about the nervousness -- my confidence is blown to bits -- I'm so very superstitious (izzat the right word?) while the jury is out, but I can't hold my breath for days, but I feel like I'm doing just that.

Off-topic: in the ICA trial, her mother testified yesterday that she did computer searches for terms involving trauma and injuries after a friend was in a car accident.

Sound familiar?

LOL happy2binNC.

I wonder if CA will claim to have done the 'head trauma knockout' searches on JLY's computer too? Why not claim them all at this point. :crazy:

It's amazing to me how many people on places like twitter refuse to believe that anyone could possibly murder their wife without leaving a lot of direct/forensic evidence. It's as if they need a video of the murder before they would believe someone to be guilty.

I'm curious to know if you think he's guilty or innocent & what evidence really convinces you of that.

For me guilty because a. propped door at the HI b. cameras at HI messed with c. HP foot prints in blood at scene d. testimony of Gracie from Four Brothers in King, NC

For me, with circumstantial cases such as these, it's the complete and utter totality of the evidence, all fitting together like the pieces of a puzzle. IMO, juries have problems when they latch on to one little piece that doesn't appear to someone to fit properly. And they lose the whole picture, over this one tiny piece of the puzzle.

Just speculation... if we hear a GUILTY verdict, do you think PY will sit quietly or will she have an outburst in the courtroom??

I'm a nervous wreck today!! :panic:

I think PY would purse her lips even further than normal, tighten her face up even more, stick her nose up in the air, and blame Linda and Meredith for her sons *fate*. JMO

I think leaving at 7:30PM and staying in Hillsville is weird (vs. leaving earlier and getting to Clintwood). Being late to your very first sales call with a brand new company is weird. Not picking up the Coach handbag printouts when he picked up the Mapquest directions makes no sense. The long animated message he left for Meredith is bizarre. Smoking a cigar? No - rings so false and waaayyyy to much detail about matches used to light it. But the thing that blows my mind the most is that he never, ever ever spoke to police to provide or obtain any information.

I have followed this case and was disappointed when he was never arrested in the earlier days. Then when he was brought up on civil charges, I felt sad that this would be the only justice Michelle would receive. And then I was ecstatic when he was indicted for murder in the first degree. But I did not realize until this trial that he had never, ever, ever spoken with authorities to provide information or ask about the investigation. To me, that is a circumstance that screams lack of innocence. How could you not ask questions, how could you not be seeking justice unless you yourself was the one who already knew first hand what had transpired. I will always be shocked that he committed this brutal of a crime considering that he had 2.5 hours to think about it while driving back to Raleigh. That's a long time to cool off (or I guess conversely to get more worked up).

But looking at all of the evidence and circumstances, it had to be him. What I don't know is whether someone else was somehow involved. I have even wondered about his mother. I'm disgusted by his friends who told him to lawyer up. This whole thing is sickening and his entire demeanor on the stand was repulsive, especially when you consider that this is the only time he has spoken of the events. No academy awards are forthcoming for this cad.

And I don't think they'll come back with a verdict today. Initially, I believed they would be quick, but now I'm worried about holdouts. I think it will be Monday - just my gut feeling.

Does anyone know if the jury has asked for anything yet? I can't find this information anywhere?

Also, what room is the trial in? I will go this afternoon to sit in for a bit. I did this for the BC trial on a whim and just happened to be there when the verdict was reached and I'd love to be able to do the same again in this one - I will aim for around 2:00 or so as I suspect that *if* a verdict is reached today it will be in that 2:30-4:00 window...

The most telling thing is when JLY learned of his wife's death, he didn't ask HOW she died. He didn't ask WHAT happened.

He didn't ask, because he knew.

iucpa,

Same courtroom as BC trial. 3rd floor.

Thank you. Unless something happens between now and then, I'll aim to get there around 2:30 this afternoon and will post anything significant I see on here...

Again I'll ask - has the jury asked for anything? That is often very telling as to what they're thinking...

Good Morning, MadWoman - :seeya:

I just want to ditto your thoughts on the gloves -- I think we all agree that JY made a "to-do-her-in" list, and for the most part, checked it twice. It was a pretty good one, altho not perfect. Things happen that no one can predict.

Anyway, I feel sure that one of the first things on his list was indeed gloves; if he planned it down to the purchase (IMO) of the cheap Franklins and had to go purchase them, then you know he also had gloves on his list. It could have been a simple pair of latex "surgeon's" gloves, or he could have had a pair of winter (NC mountain cold weather) type gloves -- either of which probably were in his house or garage.

[I am so afraid to jinx this case, :chicken:I have not voted in your poll..... I'm very superstitious about this kind of thing. But I will "throw caution to the wind" <snort>, and say Guilty by 3:00--4:00 this pm.] <tremble, tremble>
icon9.gif

Put me down for inexpensive pair of work gloves, much like we keep around for gardening and other work type jobs. They offer dexterity, a good grip, and can be purchased at any home improvement store from here to Brevard.

Other than asking for a dry erase board and some markers...I don't think they've asked for anything...at least nothing we've heard about.

Thought the first half of the prosecution's closing arguments were excellent...though I have liked to see the gas milage addressed. I liked that the ADA encouraged the jury to think about it seriously and consider all sides. He's confident.

Missed BH's closing because I had to run out to a doctor's appointment. And was stunned to find out I'm pregnant. YIKES!

Off-topic: in the ICA trial, her mother testified yesterday that she did computer searches for terms involving trauma and injuries after a friend was in a car accident.

Sound familiar?

Momma's will often times fall on the sword for their baby. :( When I hear that sweet baby singing 'You Are My Sunshine' I wonder how G & C can manage to drag themselves out of bed each day. :( If someone took one of these bright little funny faces ( the grandchildren ), away from me, I don't think I could make it.

Thought the first half of the prosecution's closing arguments were excellent...though I have liked to see the gas milage addressed. I liked that the ADA encouraged the jury to think about it seriously and consider all sides. He's confident.

Missed BH's closing because I had to run out to a doctor's appointment. And was stunned to find out I'm pregnant. YIKES!

CONGRATS!!! Is this your first?

Congratulations! :)

I became interested in this case because I was already following Janet Christiansen Abaroa's murder case. I see the similarities between both husbands in the case and I also see a few differences. Janet's murder was in the media quite often at first and I had wondered how much, if any, did Jason see in the media about Janet's murder in the news.

Both men are salesmen, had tempers, were cheaters, liars and narcissistic. Both did nothing to help to law enforcement, both men seemed to think they were above other people intellectually, both were very physical with others, both were very opinionated and loud and neither had a great work record.

Both men had ample time to plan and premeditate the murders. Both felt their lives would be complicated by divorce and both wanted out of the marriage and felt that murder was a better option than divorce.

I don't think the jury will come back today, though it would be nice.

I pray the verdict is the correct one and Jason is found guilty of first degree murder.

He's absolutely GUILTY!

I too am amazed at the gullibility and sheer ignorance of so many who do not understand circumstantial evidence, reasonable inference, don't actually follow a trial and yet claim to know what the proper verdict should be and yes, KellyCrash, these are people who believe every perp must leave their blood, fingerprints and a note next to the body saying "yes, I did it!" before they would ever find a defendant guilty.

Convincing C.E. in this case:

- His HP shoes, bloody shoeprints, missing shoes
- missing clothes from 11/2
- computer searches for knockout, head trauma, etc.
- Gracie Dahms + receipt matching the exact purchase putting him in King, NC at 5:27am 11/3
- Rock in the H.I. door + camera conveniently unplugged then pushed up after it was reset 20 min earlier
- only using his keycard one time
- light colored SUV seen at/near his house at 3:30am
- the bogus search for Coach bags and his excuse as to why M.F. had to get to the house
- the affairs & his admitting he was in love with MM
- never speaking to anyone at anytime after the murder
- never asking how his wife died or what happened
- handing over custody of his daughter to avoid giving a depo
- the crime scene, overkill, CY unharmed, cleaned up, and adult meds given to her
- couple that with his obvious and ridiculous lies on the stand, his demeanor, his own friends testimony.

GUILTY!

Forgive me for the off topic question, but I have to ask ... Madeleine74, you've made a couple of general remarks in the last couple of NC trials that I find very insightful, such as your first sentence above. Just lookin for a G or NG reply ... where do you stand on the Amanda Knox verdict?

Congrats to you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member