Viable suspect: Damien Echols

Was it Lorrie Echols? If so, I'll need a citation. If not, then your anecdote, while interesting, has nothing to do with this case in any way whatosever.

Why would Echols and his lawyers....WHY on earth....would they continue to press the state to test all of the remaining evidence? That makes zero sense to anyone with a functioning brain.

If Echols were involved in any way, spent 20 some years on death row and finally got out, he'd get as far from that evidence room as humanly possible and would be glad if it were set on fire. Yet it's the state and the WMPD that seems to want that stuff to go away. Someone is hiding something and it aint the WM3.

I'm not sure what is in that evidence room will prove who killed those children, but I know that none of it will implicate the convicted.

It blows my mind that this case has not been solved. I’ve watched every thing about this case that I can find. It’s 2022 they should be able to determine who killed these babies. I have my suspicion but I won’t post it now

Why would Echols and his lawyers....WHY on earth....would they continue to press the state to test all of the remaining evidence? That makes zero sense to anyone with a functioning brain.

If Echols were involved in any way, spent 20 some years on death row and finally got out, he'd get as far from that evidence room as humanly possible and would be glad if it were set on fire. Yet it's the state and the WMPD that seems to want that stuff to go away. Someone is hiding something and it aint the WM3.

I'm not sure what is in that evidence room will prove who killed those children, but I know that none of it will implicate the convicted.
I think he just wants the spotlight from it notice the other guys now don’t say anything

I wish someone could explain to me why this is the Damien Echols defense fund, and not the Damien Echols, Jason Baldwin, and Jessie Misskelley defense fund.

There's something about this that seems a bit hinky to me. For instance, if Damien were to die either by natural causes or injection, what happens to this money?

It obviously isn't going to Baldwin or Misskelley because their names aren't on it.
Does it go to Lori? Wouldn't that be something?
Here's an interesting link:
http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2008/jan/17/money-at-root-of-effort-to-free-3/
Are they still married?

Damien gets plenty of attention (books, public speaking, interviews, hob knobbing with celebrities). Opening up a can of worms by DNA testing evidence that he KNOWS will very likely implicate him (or the other two convicted) after finally getting off death row goes beyond "attention seeking" into the realm of self implicating idiocy. Hell, for that matter, he arguably got MORE attention on death row when you think about it.

Not buying it. No way he and lawyers would push so hard for testing if they thought there was a chance in hell any of that evidence tied to the WM3.

Was it Lorrie Echols? If so, I'll need a citation. If not, then your anecdote, while interesting, has nothing to do with this case in any way whatosever.

My comment has everything to do with the comment that I was responding to and I never said anything about it being Lorrie Echols. She was talking about people who marry men in prison and I commented as I have seen this with my own eyes and agree with it being odd...

It makes absolutely perfect sense. He did not push so hard for evidence to be tested until AFTER he was told that it was all destroyed in a fire...then the push was on...

It makes absolutely perfect sense. He did not push so hard for evidence to be tested until AFTER he was told that it was all destroyed in a fire...then the push was on...

In an interview before the fire, he seems not so thrilled about testing and actually says that because of possible DNA evidence it is keeping him "trapped in the system" because even though the suspended sentence was up they could potentially find DNA with new technology.

Damien gets plenty of attention (books, public speaking, interviews, hob knobbing with celebrities). Opening up a can of worms by DNA testing evidence that he KNOWS will very likely implicate him (or the other two convicted) after finally getting off death row goes beyond "attention seeking" into the realm of self implicating idiocy. Hell, for that matter, he arguably got MORE attention on death row when you think about it.

Not buying it. No way he and lawyers would push so hard for testing if they thought there was a chance in hell any of that evidence tied to the WM3.

I don't think the WM3 had anything to do with what happened to those boys. My point was just that DE has always liked attention and it's what got him into trouble in the first place. Running off at the mouth.

I don't think the WM3 had anything to do with what happened to those boys. My point was just that DE has always liked attention and it's what got him into trouble in the first place. Running off at the mouth.

"Running off at the mouth" is not a capital offense.

<modsnip>

My point stands. If Damien knew there was a chance in hell that there was a hair, a fingernail or a drop of sweat o an of that crime scene evidence, no damned way he pushes the issue now that he's out.

Last edited by a moderator:
That was my point too and I’m with you

"Running off at the mouth" is not a capital offense.

<modsnip>

My point stands. If Damien knew there was a chance in hell that there was a hair, a fingernail or a drop of sweat o an of that crime scene evidence, no damned way he pushes the issue now that he's out.
It’s really not that difficult I think he likes the attention too anything for publicity

Last edited by a moderator:
http://wm3.vox.com/library/post/an-urgent-letter-from-lorri-davis-re-defense-fund.html?_c=feed-atom

Above link is the WM3 offical blog, she had posted an urgent letter...

more at the link:

ez-tracks.com - contact with domain owner | Epik.com

If "new" evidence was uncovered as they say with this DNA of another, then these three should indeed have a new trial..If what they say about this jury foreman, and it can be proven....then definately a new trial...JMHO
Are there any new suspects or a list of evidence in the case

That was my point too and I’m with you
Saw
Can you explain what it means "it's what got him into trouble in the first place"?
I can't believe how much corruption there was in that county! I just heard about the police chief's resignation and the final release of the evidence! I came here after Paul Holes mentioned the case on his podcast.

Saw

Can you explain what it means "it's what got him into trouble in the first place"?
I can't believe how much corruption there was in that county! I just heard about the police chief's resignation and the final release of the evidence! I came here after Paul Holes mentioned the case on his podcast.

DE was just a dumb teenager that liked to talk big so people would leave him alone.

I have attended two of Damien's book signings, I have found him to be surprisingly articulate and educated. I think he has actually tried to shy away from the WM3 case over the last few years focusing on other areas of his life. So I feel for him to be fighting for this it is taking a lot as he doesn't really relish the spotlight (from what I have seen hearing him speak in person, speaking with him and reading his books). And I agree he was a dumb teenager who talked first and thought later, however I think he does the opposite now. JUST MY OPINION.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back