Viable suspect: Damien Echols

I think he just wants the spotlight from it notice the other guys now don’t say anything
He was the one on death row. And has medical records, to prove he was beaten and abused in prison on a regular basis, probably in the beginning because he wouldn't stop yapping, he nearly went blind , suffered sever organ damage and took the bulk of the blame/charges. JM has been so damaged he hides from media and from attention and JB is suffering a lot as well, JB did not want to take the plea they did it because Damien was going to die in there and they had to get him out.

DE was just a dumb teenager that liked to talk big so people would leave him alone.
This unfortunately is categorically not true IMO. Damien was a seriously disturbed young man who had a litany of mental problems which are spelled out in Exhibit 500. It wasn't introduced during trial because it was so damning to the defense but was at sentencing because they went for a mental illness storyline to keep Damien off death row. His records outline a tortured soul who had progressed from fantasizing about murder to murdering small animals and an obsession with blood and death. I wholeheartedly believe Damien had serious undiagnosed mental illnesses that partially led to him committing these acts.

The part about Damien being dumb isn't true either IMO. On the contrary, he is highly intelligent and in fact I think much smarter than several of the officers that investigated him in the first place. Despite being - in his words - "poor white trash" from West Memphis, AR, Damien is incredibly well-spoken and sharp. If I didn't think he was a child murderer, I'd actually respect his intellect.

I personally also believe Damien liked to be feared. I think he felt it gave him power over others if they thought he was - in his words - the West Memphis Boogeyman.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back