Victim: Alexis Murphy, 17, missing from Shipman, VA, 03 August 2013 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nadine Maeser ‏@nadine_maeser 3m
Judge Leyburn Mosby has signed an order sealing ALL affidavits and search warrants in #alexismurphy abduction case. pic.twitter.com/4NcvczaQiz

https://twitter.com/nadine_maeser

BRuMY_XCIAAsS_H.jpg

[/B]

I respectfully disagree with this.

Regarding Nelson county demographics, I believe the official numbers of African Americans are even less. It's more like 15 percent. Many black families have been here for many generations, but the black population is on a steady decline, due to lack of jobs IMO. People need to eat.

I don't know if anyone has considered the scenario of AM being at his trailer and running off after being injured or scared - possibly being out there in the woods behind his place. People with much more advanced outdoor skills get lost - and I doubt AM was much of an outdoors person. And if she stayed out there because she was frightened she could have developed hypothermia. God I hope this is a plausible scenario because it WOULD mean she could still be alive!

I don't think she could survive twelve days without help, or not turning up someplace. IMO the only way she could be alive is if someone else took her, or an accomplice is holding her. But I am not optimistic. JMO

It is my personal opinion that as soon as Alexis was reported missing, LE would have gotten permission for cell records & pulled security tapes at the Liberty gas station since it was the last place she was known to be. As soon as they saw whatever it was on the ccvid that made them think RAT might be a suspect, they called in the FBI.

With all of the other unsolved cases in and around that area & the problem they had with harassment with RAT before, they would not want anyone scrutinizing their tactics in this investigation. That is automatically going to happen anyway.

What is the likelihood that ALL of these agencies working on this case are wrong? That we know if, so far there is Nelson Co, Orange Co, State LE & the FBI.

Well there are dozens if not hundreds of innocent people in prison for decades and less who had every agency believing in their guilt to the point of the dp in many cases. And those are just ones with dna, let alone all the ones who aren't lucky enough to have dna evidence because unfortunately the real killer didn't rape the person who was killed etc.

I don't know if anyone has considered the scenario of AM being at his trailer and running off after being injured or scared - possibly being out there in the woods behind his place. People with much more advanced outdoor skills get lost - and I doubt AM was much of an outdoors person. And if she stayed out there because she was frightened she could have developed hypothermia. God I hope this is a plausible scenario because it WOULD mean she could still be alive!

Not likely given the location, the Lovingston area. Nelson county is rural but the land is mostly private property, it's not wilderness, not at that point anyway. Around this area is private property and the houses are closer together than some places in the county because it's near town, less than a mile from a place she knows very well. On the opposite side of the highway from where this person was living are dwellings, very run down, but people live there and there are lots of kids and teenagers who live there, people she probably knows. On a warm summer evening, the young people are usually walking around outside those dwellings. Plus there's a gas station, and Jim's Auto or whatever that place is called. Houses are also close together there. Behind the run down trailer that's being investigated is a very steep, very high hill, some people call it a mountain, and you'd have to know how to climb. It's not just some thing you can run up, hence the ATVs the FBI are using.

Katie Love ‏@KLOVEREPORTER 2m
Just talked to Taylor's attorney, he's located person Taylor says was with #AlexisMurphy before she went missing. Giving info to police.

https://twitter.com/KLOVEREPORTER

Good.

Unless there is firm evidence and any charges, I hope media does not release a name or photo. Guess he can't enjoy being called cornrow either, but better that than everyone about to torch him (and his family, children, if any).

I think it is a lie when they say they are looking for an alive woman. What they expect her to have a breathing tube from under the earth they are digging? It is another thing that makes me wonder if we can trust them.

ALL IMO

I don't think she could survive twelve days without help, or not turning up someplace. IMO the only way she could be alive is if someone else took her, or an accomplice is holding her. But I am not optimistic. JMO

Not necessarily likely, but possible. There would be plenty of water I think, as we have had a lot of rain in VA this year. Food would be a bit more difficult but there are berries growing in the wilds. I'm not saying this is what happened, but putting it out as a possible scenario. And there was the incident of the canadian woman who was recently found alive after escaping an attack and spending 12 days in the woods. She was in bad shape, but alive.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/01/world/americas/canada-woman-survives-bush

Just trying to be hopeful.

I don't like the 5 months til his next court date. That smells of having almost nothing and begging the judge for extra time to make a case. If that is true and his story can't be blown apart then he may well walk. If I was on a jury and the big piece of evidence was a hair in his camper and he had an affirmative defense I would see reasonable doubt. It all depends on what this second guy tells LE and the defense attorney

Good points...

But I am wondering...

It was reported last night (?) that there is no connection between RAT and the 29 Serial Killer...

Could LE have announced this to make RAT and his cronies/lawyer feel "secure" thinkinking they don't think he is involved with ANY other 29 killings...

But, LE may have something linking him to OTHER killings... Just not the 29 Killer?

Just thinking out loud...

Not likely given the location, the Lovingston area. Nelson county is rural but the land is mostly private property, it's not wilderness, not at that point anyway. Around this area is private property and the houses are closer together than some places in the county because it's near town, less than a mile from a place she knows very well. On the opposite side of the highway from where this person was living are dwellings, very run down, but people live there and there are lots of kids and teenagers who live there, people she probably knows. On a warm summer evening, the young people are usually walking around outside those dwellings. Plus there's a gas station, and Jim's Auto or whatever that place is called. Houses are also close together there. Behind the run down trailer that's being investigated is a very steep, very high hill, some people call it a mountain, and you'd have to know how to climb. It's not just some thing you can run up, hence the ATVs the FBI are using.

Yea, I know it isn't wilderness. And I would hope that if she had been able to run out she would have went toward another house or something and in that case we wouldn't be discussing her as a missing person. Just thinking out loud mostly. Trying to think where she could be. I think the only other way she could be alive is if another person has her somewhere.

Hi guys, I'm starting a new thread so this one will be locking up soon. Just wanted to give you a heads up!

IMO, she is no longer alive but I don't think anyone should ever give up hope and quit looking until they have a body. I don't think LE would state that they think she is no longer alive this early in the investigation either without a body.

I pay more attention to their actions than their words in cases like this.

I think Hallahan said not til spring but with a bond hearing some will come out then. Essentially they get a free pass for 5 months.

Just clarifying...

Not arguing..

spring has passed... And next spring is AFTER the Jan. court date...

What did the lawyer mean... "Next spring"...

:waitasec:

Interesting... defense attorney says in this article http://www.roanoke.com/news/2150555-12/defense-missing-teen-alexis-murphy-was-in-camper.html

“Finding a hair in the residence doesn’t mean he abducted her,” Hallahan said. “He told law enforcement that on Aug. 3, [Murphy] was in his residence, with a male associate.
“They’ve made no public efforts to try to locate this male,” Hallahan said.

However, in this article http://www.roanoke.com/news/2143806-12/arrest-made-in-case-of-missing-nelson-county.html, we have this:

"

Two days later, the FBI confirmed it was showing pictures of people last seen with Murphy to business owners in the area. NBC 29 reported Saturday that agents had paid visits to Ultimate Bliss, an adult shop, and the Quick Pik convenience store, both of which are on Angus Road in Charlottesville.
FBI spokeswoman Dennette Rybiski said Sunday that the people in the photos are not suspects, but agents are trying to identify and locate them.
"These are stills ... from the videos that we have been collecting all week - people that apparently were in proximity to Alexis at some point - and they want to talk to them in the hopes of generating more information," Rybiski said.

So, they HAVE been looking at other people caught on video at various places. Defense attorney's assumption that they have not been looking for a particular person could be wrong.

Good memory, Popsicle...

we may want to keep this bit of information in mind...

Not to incriminate the two guys...

But they may be able to help out...

when/how did they discover AM wasn't going to show up?

What did they do next? (Look for her? Contact friends? Etc..?)

JMO

Do either of you have a link for this story? Just asking, as I think I may have overlooked it....I am not being snarky, promise! :)

[Searching through the gully, one canine handler shouted, “We found it!”]

10 ft off of the road, the gully.

Whose property would that be; utility or highway easement, or part of the owner's land?? In my state, it is an easement.

? if it makes any difference in the case at all- just curious.

Now I am extremely curious to know WHAT they found... And WHERE exactly it was found, too!

If it IS AM's phone... I imagine LE will need some time to process the communications/pics/etc.... And to get a search warrant in place first... To boot!

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member