Victim: Alexis Murphy, 17, missing from Shipman, VA, 03 August 2013 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering all the debts he appears to have with the state and other places (some of those charges appear to be eviction notices), and where he's living now, it's possible he's one of those guys who just doesn't renew because he doesn't have the money. Then when he gets caught, he renews, brings in the documentation, and gets the charges dropped. I don't know about in VA but in MA or MT there didn't used to even be a fine. I have relatives who do this regularly...

Very true! We don't know what income he had. The only jobs I've seen mentioned was the repo job, and working at a used car sales place. Neither high paying jobs, IMO. And if he was paying child support, he might not have much to live on.

One thing that I've not seen really talked about much, but he was living on the land of his ex mother in laws. Wasn't living in her house, but in a camper on the property. Obviously the ex mother in law must have some good feelings towards him, or she wouldn't have him living there. And I'm wondering about something else. Media reports stated he had an electrical cord from the house to his camper. Therefore there was electricity at the house, which makes me think the ex mother in law knew he was living there. And just where was he using the bathroom? Or did he have a pipe coming out of the camper and running somewhere? He couldn't have been hooked up to septic, so wondering about showers, washing dishes, clothes, etc. Did he use the McD's/Liberty for bathroom and wash up there? Where did he take his clothes to wash them? Did he have access to the house for those things?

The place that he did work isn't across the street from Liberty. Think Nancy Grace reported it was, but it's not. Where he worked was a used car sales place. His ex boss reported he detailed vehicles...washing, vacuuming, etc.

BBM, maybe he thinks his detailing is infallible

Didn't see a wrecker removed from his property, though if it was a tow behind, we might not have seen it in the few photos that were released.

I believe some of the great sleuthers here have done several maps showing his arrests, where he was living, and locations of missing people. From what I gather, so far no connection between arrests and missing people have panned out. :moo:

BBM, thanks for the info, and which map is that that corresponds the petty crime dates with missing persons suspected times of abductions?

oops the first BBM about infallibility of detail;ing was also by me, sorry 2Hope4

I'm seriously wondering what evidence they have for the abduction charge! IMO, there was information gathered from somewhere, because it was before the car was found. So not considering what information the car may have, what could they have found to say there was an abduction? Did he come forward when Alexis was reported missing and say she had been at his place, and THAT is why they already had the search warrants for his place? SOMETHING tipped them in that direction. I don't think it was just because the phone was last pinged in that area across the road from his place, because they searched property on that road FIRST, even looking in people's refrigerators! So they were doing house inspections, not just walking the properties! Weird that they spent so much time looking for a phone, yet we haven't heard of properties searched looking for Alexis! What could be gathered from the actual phone that couldn't be gathered from phone records? Considering how quickly she was reported missing, and how quickly FBI was involved, those records should have been easy enough to obtain. Unless text messages, and photos wouldn't be gathered, then I don't know. I would assume all contacts on the phone, and the call logs would be available without the phone.

BBM, thanks for the info, and which map is that that corresponds the petty crime dates with missing persons suspected times of abductions?

oops the first BBM about infallibility of detail;ing was also by me, sorry 2Hope4

Never done this before so hoping this link works!

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=219213"]Suspect: Randy Allen Taylor -- Background - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

If Alexis supposedly called this cornrow guy, LE would have hus number from her phone records.

copied by me from Just K:
Stalking, Burglary, Assault, Carrying a concealed weapon by a felon, Breaking and Entering,

It's about what all of these things add up to, IMO. Certainly, one with this kind of rap sheet shouldn't be protesting too much when they are the prime suspect when all of these offenses converge into an alledged abduction, when the prime suspect admits that the victim was with him just before/during the alledged abduction!

The RAT doth protesteth too much to quote the bard.

Oh, I don't question that the RAT is a rat. My question was how, with thousands of people out there with similar rap sheets, how do you tell which ones are going to converge into an abduction, to say they should be locked up?

I'm seriously wondering what evidence they have for the abduction charge! IMO, there was information gathered from somewhere, because it was before the car was found. So not considering what information the car may have, what could they have found to say there was an abduction? Did he come forward when Alexis was reported missing and say she had been at his place, and THAT is why they already had the search warrants for his place? SOMETHING tipped them in that direction. I don't think it was just because the phone was last pinged in that area across the road from his place, because they searched property on that road FIRST, even looking in people's refrigerators! So they were doing house inspections, not just walking the properties! Weird that they spent so much time looking for a phone, yet we haven't heard of properties searched looking for Alexis! What could be gathered from the actual phone that couldn't be gathered from phone records? Considering how quickly she was reported missing, and how quickly FBI was involved, those records should have been easy enough to obtain. Unless text messages, and photos wouldn't be gathered, then I don't know. I would assume all contacts on the phone, and the call logs would be available without the phone.

ACKKK! what are the chances that he was the last known person to talk to SC and the last person known to have seen Alexis? Not being smart alecky, I really would like to know, not a mathmatician but bet it's in the millions to one. Because you'd have to factor in the crimes, the "harassment from police",
etc, where's the guy from the show NUMBERS when you need him?!

If Alexis supposedly called this cornrow guy, LE would have hus number from her phone records.

They would also have text messages...right? So a phone number would show up with the text message?

I'm just trying to figure out why finding the phone was so important, but finding Alexis isn't!

For those of you that missed it: here's the information about the Lynchburg incident last night.

http://www.wset.com/story/23201276/police-incident-sends-man-to-hospital-in-lynchburg

The incident apparently started at 8:45 last night. At 9:15 the hospital ER went into lockdown: http://www.wset.com/story/23201347/lynchburg-general-emergency-department-on-lockdown

The victim's name is Shawn Martin, but he's not the man LE went there to arrest.

It's not mentioned in the article, but multiple comments indicate that all the downtown highway ramps were closed before and during the incident.

Ok locals, help me out here. I know there us a "used" auto parts place on the west side on Rt 29, south of Lynchburg. I can't remember the name of it. I searched very briefly and can't find it, and can't keep looking right now. If you're from around here, I know you know what I mean. It's maybe called Cunningham? They have acres and acres of used cars. It's one of those places where you go "pick" your part and take it off the car in the lot.

Also... speaking of crushed cars.... I travel south on 29 Monday - Friday, and quite often I pass a tractor trailer with crushed cars stacked up on it (covered w/ net to keep pieces from flying off). I have no idea where they came from (what business), but this is always south of Lynchburg.

Oh, I don't question that the RAT is a rat. My question was how, with thousands of people out there with similar rap sheets, how do you tell which ones are going to converge into an abduction, to say they should be locked up?

Again, where's the guy from NUMBERS when you need him? And does someone like that really exist or is it just on TV?

Not that anyone asked, but lately I've wondered just what the fooey I was so interested in Websleuths for--did I have a morbid curiosity and all that, then I remembered that from 2nd grade on I read every Bobbsy Twins, then went on to Nancy Drew and read all those, and then started in on my older bros Hardy Boys and read every book; graduating to Agatha Christie, later becoming a Mystery Theatre buff, Historical Whodunits, etc. So Websleuths
is a logical progression, because it's real makes it scarier, Life is truly scarier than any of these things and obviously the catalyst for all crime novels and shows.

And because of this, I have educated my son to be aware of basic things, never ever trust a stranger, never go with a stranger or meet a stranger somewhere else; but more than that, I have taught him not to let anyone else in his group leave with a stanger. or if they do, to call me immediately so I can call their parents.

For those of you that missed it: here's the information about the Lynchburg incident last night.

http://www.wset.com/story/23201276/police-incident-sends-man-to-hospital-in-lynchburg

The incident apparently started at 8:45 last night. At 9:15 the hospital ER went into lockdown: http://www.wset.com/story/23201347/lynchburg-general-emergency-department-on-lockdown

The victim's name is Shawn Martin, but he's not the man LE went there to arrest.

It's not mentioned in the article, but multiple comments indicate that all the downtown highway ramps were closed before and during the incident.

This one is a head-scratcher. It's my natural inclination to go with the voices of reason (the 'calmer' version of the story: police approach guy, he freaks out/has a medical event, they administer CPR and take him to hospital; guy was actually not a person of interest to LE). But it doesn't explain the roadblocks and hospital shutdown.

So you'd lock up ten thousand petty criminals for life just to stop one murderer? Or am I misunderstanding your point?

Abraham from the bible originally said it is better to let ten guilty men go free than let one innocent man be convicted.

Again, where's the guy from NUMBERS when you need him? And does someone like that really exist or is it just on TV?

Not that anyone asked, but lately I've wondered just what the fooey I was so interested in Websleuths for--did I have a morbid curiosity and all that, then I remembered that from 2nd grade on I read every Bobbsy Twins, then went on to Nancy Drew and read all those, and then started in on my older bros Hardy Boys and read every book; graduating to Agatha Christie, later becoming a Mystery Theatre buff, Historical Whodunits, etc. So Websleuths
is a logical progression, because it's real makes it scarier, Life is truly scarier than any of these things and obviously the catalyst for all crime novels and shows.

And because of this, I have educated my son to be aware of basic things, never ever trust a stranger, never go with a stranger or meet a stranger somewhere else; but more than that, I have taught him not to let anyone else in his group leave with a stanger. or if they do, to call me immediately so I can call their parents.
All good things, but many many horrible crimes are committed by people well known and trusted by the victim and family. Warn him about this too.

Ok locals, help me out here. I know there us a "used" auto parts place on the west side on Rt 29, south of Lynchburg. I can't remember the name of it. I searched very briefly and can't find it, and can't keep looking right now. If you're from around here, I know you know what I mean. It's maybe called Cunningham? They have acres and acres of used cars. It's one of those places where you go "pick" your part and take it off the car in the lot.

Also... speaking of crushed cars.... I travel south on 29 Monday - Friday, and quite often I pass a tractor trailer with crushed cars stacked up on it (covered w/ net to keep pieces from flying off). I have no idea where they came from (what business), but this is always south of Lynchburg.

I'm not from the area, but did a quick google.
Cunningham's Pick-n-Save

They would also have text messages...right? So a phone number would show up with the text message?

I'm just trying to figure out why finding the phone was so important, but finding Alexis isn't!

I think they have no clue where to look for Alexis, expecially since her car was found 35+ miles away. It's easier for them to track down a phone than a person. So sad.. In Maryland, LE was relying their searches off tips. Once the tips, slowed down, LE and the FBI slowed down their searches, the family of the missing person met with people in the community and did their own searches. Once LE and the FBI finally decided to do another large scale search, 4 months later, after the person went missing, they had people in the community only go door to door to hand out fliers. Unfortunately, a few weeks after the large scale search, boaters found the missing person floating in a river 45 miles away.

The order states the court found good cause to close the hearing "on the bases that the circuit court has already ordered all search warrants sealed in this case and that this case is under continuing investigation by three law enforcement agencies."
The order was signed after a conference call on Commonwealth's Attorney Anthony Martin's motion to close the hearing.
Defense attorney Michael Hallahan objected to the motion.
Hallahan said last week Taylor maintains his innocence; claiming Murphy left Taylor's Nelson County residence with another man the night she disappeared. Hallahan has since declined media requests for comment and did not return a call left Tuesday afternoon.
Martin also declined to comment Tuesday.
http://www.timesdispatch.com/news/s...cle_6227e732-0a4f-11e3-9307-0019bb30f31a.html

ACKKK! what are the chances that he was the last known person to talk to SC and the last person known to have seen Alexis? Not being smart alecky, I really would like to know, not a mathmatician but bet it's in the millions to one. Because you'd have to factor in the crimes, the "harassment from police",
etc, where's the guy from the show NUMBERS when you need him?!

Let me preface this by saying I am not defending the RAT, and I don't think what I'm about to say really happened.

But.

Suppose you're a serial rapist/killer, and you've got your eye on a girl.

And suppose you've noticed that there's a new guy in town, and this new guy is somebody who's getting hassled by the police for an earlier murder and everybody is sure he's guilty.

You might, theoretically, set it up so that the guy everybody is after is the last one to see your victim alive, so he'll be blamed for your crime.

In theory, anyway. As I said, I don't think it happened that way.

Not sure if it was a legit business or not. I don't remember seeing a name for the repo business. There was a case in Bedford County where a guy was charged/found guilty of towing vehicles that were broken down on the side of the road, and taking them to the crusher! He sold some parts off the vehicles and at one time had a graveyard of sorts for vehicles that people would get parts from. (Can't think of the word I'm looking for! The place were people can buy used parts for vehicles. Sometimes acres of vehicles there.) That particular man made lots of money, and it took years before he was caught.

BBM

Well, we call them Junk Yards.....but can also be called Savage or Wreckage Yards

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wreck_yard"]Wrecking yard - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg