Victim: Alexis Murphy, 17, missing from Shipman, VA, 03 August 2013 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
This one is a head-scratcher. It's my natural inclination to go with the voices of reason (the 'calmer' version of the story: police approach guy, he freaks out/has a medical event, they administer CPR and take him to hospital; guy was actually not a person of interest to LE). But it doesn't explain the roadblocks and hospital shutdown.

No, that's very bizarre, and even at the calmest version of the story it's clear they went to arrest somebody they thought was a dangerous person who was going to try to make a violent escape.

No, that's very bizarre, and even at the calmest version of the story it's clear they went to arrest somebody they thought was a dangerous person who was going to try to make a violent escape.

I would assume that crimes are still taking place in this area that are totally unrelated to RAT.

I am trying to find the connection unless we are assuming this is where the cornroll guy is coming in to play.

My guess is that they found blood in his camper but of course, RAT will say the cornroll guy hit her and obviously, that will mean that we REALLY need to find the cornroll guy.

I would assume that crimes are still taking place in this area that are totally unrelated to RAT.

I am trying to find the connection unless we are assuming this is where the cornroll guy is coming in to play.

My guess is that they found blood in his camper but of course, RAT will say the cornroll guy hit her and obviously, that will mean that we REALLY need to find the cornroll guy.

It's highly unlikely to be related, I agree.

It will be interesting to see if the defense lawyer runs his mouth after tomorrow though. imo

Abraham from the bible originally said it is better to let ten guilty men go free than let one innocent man be convicted.

It's not a Bible quote. It's a quote by the English jurist William Blackstone in "Commentaries on the Laws of England", pub. 1760s. It's called Blackstone's Ratio in criminal law.

DC Maryland Virginia ‏@DMVFollowers 53m
Alexis Murphy still hasn't been found, here's her volleyball team paying respects for the missing Virginia girl.

BSNMQR1CUAA3LjJ.jpg

It will be interesting to see if the defense lawyer runs his mouth after tomorrow though. imo

Considering the search warrants have been sealed, now no media in the courtroom, I'm wondering if a gag order won't be imposed. :facepalm:

Ok locals, help me out here. I know there us a "used" auto parts place on the west side on Rt 29, south of Lynchburg. I can't remember the name of it. I searched very briefly and can't find it, and can't keep looking right now. If you're from around here, I know you know what I mean. It's maybe called Cunningham? They have acres and acres of used cars. It's one of those places where you go "pick" your part and take it off the car in the lot.

Also... speaking of crushed cars.... I travel south on 29 Monday - Friday, and quite often I pass a tractor trailer with crushed cars stacked up on it (covered w/ net to keep pieces from flying off). I have no idea where they came from (what business), but this is always south of Lynchburg.

The whole junk yard speculation started in this thread and I'm not entirely sure where it came from. Disregard that. RAT wasn't currently working at a used car place, but formerly worked at one in Ruckersville VA.

I doubt they found blood evidence. If they did, I am sure they would have already added murder to the charges.

I think it is possible that the focus on RT started with the video from the gas station. Maybe they figured out where RT went that day through his credit card/atm transactions. Otherwise, why did they suddenly zero in on the adult store and the convenience store?

I doubt they found blood evidence. If they did, I am sure they would have already added murder to the charges.

I think it is possible that the focus on RT started with the video from the gas station. Maybe they figured out where RT went that day through his credit card/atm transactions. Otherwise, why did they suddenly zero in on the adult store and the convenience store?

What I've been wondering is if there is anyway possible that LE found something related to AM's disappearance on the 1st because they say that's when he violated probation. Maybe he started his planning then and LE know something about it? It's just a suggestion. Could be totally unrelated. I just say that though because it is kinda crazy how they were onto him right away with just footage of him being at the gas station.

They would only add murder if there was enough blood to show she could not be alive having lost that much blood. imo

Blood being on the scene does not trump hair being on the scene (which we KNOW was there). So it is possible that there could also be trace evidence of AM's blood also being present but in a very small, trace amount.

But like I said, I am sure the dealer would also be responsible for that, not RAT according to him.

RAT paid cash at Bliss. A $100 bill. I'm feeling he's a cash only kinda guy.

All good things, but many many horrible crimes are committed by people well known and trusted by the victim and family. Warn him about this too.
already been done. If his grampa asks him to go anywhere, he is to call me!

OT/Just want to say something about South Park--I know, I know, these guys are vulgar. But their treatment of the child molesting scout leader (not the gay scout leader) was brilliant--it showed how someone you trust could be dangerous, without all the scary good touch/bad touch approach--just a healthy, fearless loathing of these types and that instead of feeling scared and ashamed, these people need to be outed with a ferocity, and be ridiculed and laughed at. I know that one of the things these monsters say to kids is "no one will believe you." Has anyone seen this episode? I would advise any parent after having their talk with their child about this subject, to watch this episode with their child, obviously it will need some parental backup but still thought it was extremely well done.

The whole junk yard speculation started in this thread and I'm not entirely sure where it came from. Disregard that. RAT wasn't currently working at a used car place, but formerly worked at one in Ruckersville VA.

Just getting in, have lots of catching up to, but I see mention above of junk yards, etc.

This was one of the first things that came to my mind in this case and I have made a few posts concerning this. Anything to do with cars could be very significant, jmo; RAT was so closely connected to cars via the areas of repo man, auto detail, car sales store, painting, mechanic, car wash...

The aspect junkyards, scrap metal has come up in other cases...off the top of my head, we discussed this in Terrilynn Monette's case. This idea was presented to me by someone I consider to be quite insightful and knowledgeable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlackBalled