Victim: Alexis Murphy, 17, missing from Shipman, VA, 03 August 2013 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as I don't want to say this I hope it's Alexis so her family can have closure and they can finally charge RAT with murder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As much as I don't want to say this I hope it's Alexis so her family can have closure and they can finally charge RAT with murder.

He was charged a while ago with Alexis' murder. I don't think there's any doubt that the prosecution is worried about. jmo

He was charged a while ago with Alexis' murder. I don't think there's any doubt that the prosecution is worried about. jmo

Was he? I've pretty much completely stopped following the case :/

sadly, by now if Alexis was in the elements all this time I think her remains would be skeletal and not decomposed or decomposing.

I can't believe she has still not been found. How very sad for her family that they cannot even bury her with any dignity and have that small measure of peace. :(

Motion to suppress the search warrants denied by the Judge. Another small victory in this case!

This is a good article referencing the outstanding work of the Commonwealth Attorney in preempting some of the ridiculous defense arguments!

http://www.newsadvance.com/news/loc...cle_d89a5ff0-b8df-11e3-a4a6-0017a43b2370.html

I think he was trying to tie the old cases to this case and get off> The DA did the thing to keep both cases in line and all cases separate. So he can get a fair trail.

sadly, by now if Alexis was in the elements all this time I think her remains would be skeletal and not decomposed or decomposing.

I can't believe she has still not been found. How very sad for her family that they cannot even bury her with any dignity and have that small measure of peace. :(

If only they could bring her home.

David Kaplan ‏@DKaplan_WDBJ7 1h
Just spoke with lead investigator in #AlexisMurphy case. He said police are searching what used to be Randy Taylor's property.

Investigator wouldn't comment on what police were searching for. We're working to get you more details.

Just spoke with lead investigator in #AlexisMurphy case. He said police are searching what used to be Randy Taylor's property.

Investigator wouldn't comment on what police were searching for. We're working to get you more details.

"FBI, Virginia State Police, and investigators with the Nelson County Sheriff's Office are searching an area in Lovingston off of Route 29.

More than 50 investigators are taking part in the search."

From this link:

"Crews are combing through the front yard outside of Taylor's home off Route 29 in Lovingston. There are also about seven cars parked outside and investigators are on scene. A neighbor tells NBC29 that investigators were also on scene at Taylor’s home multiple times last week.

Alexis Murphy's family says that investigators are doing a grid search and that it was not prompted by any new information in the case."

And:

"Taylor's murder trial is scheduled to begin May 1. A judge has put a gag order in place for the trial, which prohibits investigators involved in the investigation from talking to the media."

3498298_G.jpg

Investigators parked outside of Taylors’ home

3498338_G.jpg

Randy Taylor's home off Route 29

Thank you whatsthepoint for the links!

IMG_8610.jpeg

"Multiple unmarked police vehicles appear on the side of Route 29 north of Lovingston on Monday morning. Neighbors tell CBS19 that investigators have been back at the home several times in the past week.

At this point it's not clear what prompted the search. Attorneys in the case are currently under a gag order that prevents them from speaking with the media."

And:

"This is a developing story. We'll have more information as it becomes available, and will have a full report beginning tonight on CBS19 News at 5."

I am appreciative and supportive of the gag order limiting information. As someone who is very close to this case, I wouldn't want Taylor's lawyers to have ANY way to derail his trial. I am aware of why they are searching, but will not share here. Just rest assured that they are crossing the T's and dotting the i's to lock this case down before the trial starts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500