Victim: Morgan Harrington, murdered in Charlottesville VA, Oct 2009 -- Link??

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, if you change the skin color to a lighter tone, he looks very much like RAT. Remember, RAT has aged, wrinkled, now has sunken cheeks and lost weight. He seems to make a habit of sucking in his lower lip...which I believe is fuller than he would want people to know.

cover-clarke-taylor-rhea.jpg
For reference.

From The Hook: http://www.readthehook.com/files/im...ges/field_images/cover-clarke-taylor-rhea.jpg

ht_Morgan_Harrington_suspect_nt_120604_wg.jpg

From:http://abcnews.go.com/US/morgan-har...fbi-releases-revised-sketch/story?id=16494885

Here is a map, I made in collaboration with a friend, on the Morgan Harrington case. I am posting it here so that it can be viewed for any possible connections to R.A. Taylor.

http://goo.gl/maps/BvCY

Thanks for posting that, I haven't see a reference map before. The only thing I might add is maybe an alternate route. From where Morgan's was seen walking with 3 men on Emmet Street (Emmett Street via Jefferson Park Avenue), I would follow that route out with red dotted line maybe to Route 29.

I'm local and many, if not most of the people I know, use the Fontaine Exit to get to UVA. Jefferson Park Avenue/Fontaine is mostly apartment complexes, duplexes that are rented by college students.

Correct me if iam wront but it's well knowen that the poi in the MH case has his DNA on file Iam sure we would have heard something by know and wasn't this RAT in prison before for doing something .If so they woulda had his DNA from then and he would allready be in codis and whatever other dna databank there is..

His felonies, where he was actually prosecuted, were committed before Virginia switched to taking DNA on people charged with certain felonies. If he had a felony since the time that the law changed and he was acquitted, he had the right to have the record expunged. I am not certain if he has been charged and convicted with/for a felony since he did time. As far as I can tell, he has not served time for any felony since the 1993 Virginia Beach conviction.

But I see that there have been very recent felony charges, Attempted Burglary at night in 10/03/2010. I'm not sure why he was free. Again it was nolle'd on 11/22/2010.

Would not be surprised at all if he was responsible. He kind of looks like the clean shaven sketch in the comparison above (but really, what is a sketch anyway?), and I'm more inclined to believe that he would be in the parking lot of a Metallica show more than an African American male. He probably didn't even have tickets - he just knew that that's where the party was. Probably tailgated all night and Morgan crossed his path.

Virginia on The Taking of DNA on people charged with a Felony:

Up until very recently, DNA was only taken after a felony conviction. A revision in the law has made it allowable to take the DNA of persons only accused of a felony.
http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...ient=firefox-a

[9] The Supreme Court of Virginia upheld the arrestee law (Anderson v. Commonwealth of Virginia, 650 S.E. 2d 702 (Va.2007)

...[10] Alabama, Alaska, California, Colorado, Florida (by 2019), Kansas, Louisiana, New Mexico (2011), North Dakota, Ohio, South Carolina, South Dakota and Vermont authorize DNA collection from any individual charged with a felony offense. Arizona, Arkansas, Connecticut, Illinois, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, New Jersey, North Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah and Virginia authorize collection for a subset of felonies...

[13] For example, arraignment or a judicial probable cause determination is needed for collection in Florida, Illinois, Minnesota, North Carolina, Tennessee, Vermont and Virginia;

"Who is responsible for initiating expungement?"

In order for an arrestee profile to be uploaded to NDIS, states must have FBI-approved expungement provisions that describe the process for expunging a profile if a qualifying charge is dismissed or results in acquittal. Most states place the responsibility for initiating expungement on the individual from whom a sample was collected. States that bear the responsibility for initiating expungement include Maryland, Missouri, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Vermont and Virginia.[17]..."

Depending on when RAT was last charged and arraigned with/for a felony...DNA may not have been taken unless he was CONVICTED.

His felonies, where he was actually prosecuted, were committed before Virginia switched to taking DNA on people charged with certain felonies. If he had a felony since the time that the law changed and he was acquitted, he had the right to have the record expunged. I am not certain if he has been charged and convicted with/for a felony since he did time. As far as I can tell, he has not served time for any felony since the 1993 Virginia Beach conviction.

But I see that there have been very recent felony charges, Attempted Burglary at night in 10/03/2010. I'm not sure why he was free. Again it was nolle'd on 11/22/2010.

The charges from late 2010 were all erased on the LE misconduct/harassment/manufactured evidence case. The arson is part of an insurance fraud and probably didn't qualify as a violent crime, though the laws as posted seem to be a bit ambiguous on that point.

Would not be surprised at all if he was responsible. He kind of looks like the clean shaven sketch in the comparison above (but really, what is a sketch anyway?), and I'm more inclined to believe that he would be in the parking lot of a Metallica show more than an African American male. He probably didn't even have tickets - he just knew that that's where the party was. Probably tailgated all night and Morgan crossed his path.

The other thing I wonder about that sketch is how much "blame the black guy" factor there is to it. The victim was from another country. When she described the man as dark-skinned, did she mean what we call African-American, or did the sketch artist assume that was what she meant? Did LE steer her, perhaps unconsciously in that direction? Did any of the other witnesses see him well enough to contribute to the sketch?

The last place Morgan was confirmed to be seen alive wasn't the concert arena or parking lot, but on the nearby Copeley Road Bridge hitchhiking:

"After leaving the arena at about 8:30 p.m., Harrington talked to her friends on her cell phone and then walked through the parking lot of University Hall. She was also seen in the Lannigan Field athlete parking lot. At about 9:30 p.m., she was seen walking on the Copeley Road bridge near Ivy Road. "Independent witness accounts" have made the police "confident" that Harrington was hitchhiking for a ride, the press release stated."
http://www.cavalierdaily.com/article/2009/11/police-say-harrington-hitchhiked-on-bridge/

I'm not so sure Morgan's disappearance has anything to do with the concert/people who were at, around, or even tailgating at the concert. I think the perp just happened to be driving by (maybe he was even trolling the campus for victims), saw an incapacitated girl hitchhiking, and picked her up.

ETA: Morgan's family even had a plaque dedicated on the bridge where she was last seen as a memorial to Morgan- http://www.collegiatetimes.com/stories/16071/morgan-harringtons-family-dedicates-memorial

Murphy is REALLY dark in the FBI photo from last week...almost to the point of being considered African American IF it was at night.... So, if I recall correctly, the attempted rape in Fairfax that was linked to someone involved with the murder of Morgan was AT NIGHT... then I can see where the guy could be considered black. Also, I recall from the Fairfax case that it was close to a tree lined office complex with an open field with no lights.. (obviously, a rapist is not going to attack anywhere but in darkness)...and I was thinking the sketch was really hard to come by the victim since they did not get a good look at him. I wonder also if LE has taken a DNA sample from Taylor?

Thanks for posting that, I haven't see a reference map before. The only thing I might add is maybe an alternate route. From where Morgan's was seen walking with 3 men on Emmet Street (Emmett Street via Jefferson Park Avenue), I would follow that route out with red dotted line maybe to Route 29.

I'm local and many, if not most of the people I know, use the Fontaine Exit to get to UVA. Jefferson Park Avenue/Fontaine is mostly apartment complexes, duplexes that are rented by college students.

The suggestion was added to the map...

Post in Alexis' thread that I thought I'd bring over here. May or may not be relevant.

:seeya: Hello everyone! It's a slow day in the news for Alexis, but i'm sure it's not slow with LE! Keep the faith!
Forgive me if this has been posted (I didn't see it anywhere but could have missed it), but there has been an arrest in VA based on familial DNA...great news. They aren't saying who or what the crimes involved are.....

http://www.timesdispatch.com/news/s...cle_65c19914-6b03-55b5-b686-73cbaf141ab5.html

This news about the case in Virginia, where a suspect is currently awaiting trial and whose DNA was linked by FAMILIAL DNA to several cases...that is the biggest news to come out in Virginia in a long time. This is going to be huge news when they finally divulge who this criminal is and to which cases he/she is linked .

I suspect there will be a connection to several cold cases and current cases. I will not be surprised if this person is related to or is "Sketch" in MH's case. It wouldn't even surprise me if RAT has at least some AA DNA.

This news about the case in Virginia, where a suspect is currently awaiting trial and whose DNA was linked by FAMILIAL DNA to several cases...that is the biggest news to come out in Virginia in a long time. This is going to be huge news when they finally divulge who this criminal is and to which cases he/she is linked .

I suspect there will be a connection to several cold cases and current cases. I will not be surprised if this person is related to or is "Sketch" in MH's case. It wouldn't even surprise me if RAT has at least some AA DNA.

I wouldn't be surprised by any of those things either.

I am wondering when RATs DNA would have entered the system. If only now, could this (FIMILIAL DNA link) be THE reason they initially picked him up which also coincided with the abduction of AM. It may be we are thinking they got him for AM, when instead they got him for MH, and then the AM case came into play. just wild speculation on my part.

Could you please remind me what AA DNA is?

I am wondering when RATs DNA would have entered the system. If only now, could this (FIMILIAL DNA link) be THE reason they initially picked him up which also coincided with the abduction of AM. It may be we are thinking they got him for AM, when instead they got him for MH, and then the AM case came into play. just wild speculation on my part.

Could you please remind me what AA DNA is?

The suspect in Morgan's case has been identified by DNA as matching a rape in Fairfax VA. The victim of that rape gave the police a description of a man who appeared to be African American. We were wondering whether RAT might be mixed race.

We don't know whether his DNA was in the system before now, but it appears quite likely that it might not have been. But it could have been.

You can't be arrested directly for familial DNA. It's only an investigative tool. A familial match would have pointed LE to one or more relatives who were already in the system. Those relatives could have voluntarily given information about the perp, or maybe LE just walked the family tree to see whether they could find him. In any case they would have needed more evidence than just the DNA match to make an arrest.

The suspect in Morgan's case has been identified by DNA as matching a rape in Fairfax VA. The victim of that rape gave the police a description of a man who appeared to be African American. We were wondering whether RAT might be mixed race.

We don't know whether his DNA was in the system before now, but it appears quite likely that it might not have been. But it could have been.

You can't be arrested directly for familial DNA. It's only an investigative tool. A familial match would have pointed LE to one or more relatives who were already in the system. Those relatives could have voluntarily given information about the perp, or maybe LE just walked the family tree to see whether they could find him. In any case they would have needed more evidence than just the DNA match to make an arrest.

Thanks Carbuff, Got it,.... sortof,.
So if LE suspects someone, and they have familial DNA does that suspect HAVE to already be in the system?
I mean if LE is 99% sure they know who , say Jack the Ripper is, and have familial DNA, can't they then go to Jack's house and knock on his door and deliver say a UPS parcel, have him sign for it, and take the pen and see if this is indeed Jack THE ripper, and if so arrest him.? wee bit confused here.

Thanks Carbuff, Got it,.... sortof,.
So if LE suspects someone, and they have familial DNA does that suspect HAVE to already be in the system?
I mean if LE is 99% sure they know who , say Jack the Ripper is, and have familial DNA, can't they then go to Jack's house and knock on his door and deliver say a UPS parcel, have him sign for it, and take the pen and see if this is indeed Jack THE ripper, and if so arrest him.? wee bit confused here.

I imagine they could do something like that, yes.

And yes, the relative has to be in the system already because otherwise there's nothing to match. They have to have DNA from the crime, also, or there's nothing to match.

The familial DNA test will tell them that Bob "Bodice" Ripper is or was in jail and is related to Jack T. Ripper. At that point they can talk to Bob Ripper, who might tell them his cousin Jack was working at Venice Beach surf shop when he last heard from him. And then they can visit Jack in his surf shop, get the DNA, and determine that he matches the DNA from the crime scene.

But they can't use the match with Bob Ripper to go to the surf shop and arrest Jack T. Ripper directly, without other evidence. Because just being related to a criminal isn't a crime.

At what point does "discovery" take place where both sides have to reveal what evidence they have?

To be convicted of abduction, LE will need much more than a hair and a video showing he turned the same way she did out of the gas station. Does that actually count as following?

My guess is they kept him in jail for his protection! Or, second thought, to protect his son!. What a dumb idea he was going to live with his son and mother. What would this have done to the poor son!

All good points. I maybe wrong but I think the son is a juvenile, adding to the lack of information. I can understand it too!

The man in jail resembles a tip from a reliable source in the Harrington case. The tip was months before any DNA hit was made. It included descriptions of two men around the bridge.

Now this was right after L. Rader went on TV. The tip described two men, returning from a late night / early morning presence along the railroad tracks. The same tip most will know seems to fit several other tips placing Morgan at the hotel / motel the night or next morning of Metallica concert.

The tips we recognized later as being misfiled or not followed up on, this was in print. But here is why, they became an acknowledged screw up. The descriptions were two men laughing openly about the time they spent with the party girl. One a black man with a receding hair line that seemed noticeable to this observer because other wise he seemed to be in his late 30's.

But, even weirder and this will be hard.On the night of third tip! The first two tips were lost. the 3rd tip was reported to FBI not VSP. And this is hard AND YOU MUST PAUSE. The white man in the duo when asked for a description said he kind of looked like the VSP officer Rader.

When pressed he said said, oh no not he actual man Rader, but he looks like he could be his brother. Now 4 years later, before any Black man was described and before the recent pictures of Taylor it begs for people to get a picture of Taylor from 4 years ago, put it side by side with Rader at the time of the tip and see if you think it was not a remarkable tip.

No one is implying Rader was involved, he was just used as a reference for the description.

So the question of half of the validity of the tip is can all of you zero out the mug shots and with an open mind see the description, I'll be darn if he doesn't look like Rader. If Taylor had on more weight and was 4 years younger and healthier.

The other thing is if the Taylor creep was there he probably would make sure the black dudes sweat and hairs were kept, then later applied to the Pantera shirt and displayed in a place that would lead LE in the wrong direction [sound familar?]. Like keeping a beer can, who does that.

Also a message to the man in the sketch, keep your mouth shut, tell your girl friend you are going down and I ain't even going to be a suspect.

I don't know about anything but the tips. They were reported and finally followed up on by the real FBI in person! The rest about the DNA and planting the t-shirt only became an Idea after this creep was arrested.

But, I'll be darn! He does kind of look like he would be related to Rader, just looks like. Sorry to Mr Rader, it is just the way you look.

There seems to be 2,3 or more in related disappearances. There are just too many things that match up again and again.

The taunting! I guess that's it mostly. Going to THE HOOK, going to the court about the GPS, speaking out about the DNA on the beer can. Again a black man. Just too much!

Sorry for the long post. Maybe it will open some minds.

I just wish they would find this girl alive, Please! If not find her and start the process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500