Victim: Morgan Harrington, murdered in Charlottesville VA, Oct 2009 -- Link??

Status
Not open for further replies.
All good points. I maybe wrong but I think the son is a juvenile, adding to the lack of information. I can understand it too!

The man in jail resembles a tip from a reliable source in the Harrington case. The tip was months before any DNA hit was made. It included descriptions of two men around the bridge.

Now this was right after L. Rader went on TV. The tip described two men, returning from a late night / early morning presence along the railroad tracks. The same tip most will know seems to fit several other tips placing Morgan at the hotel / motel the night or next morning of Metallica concert.

The tips we recognized later as being misfiled or not followed up on, this was in print. But here is why, they became an acknowledged screw up. The descriptions were two men laughing openly about the time they spent with the party girl. One a black man with a receding hair line that seemed noticeable to this observer because other wise he seemed to be in his late 30's.

But, even weirder and this will be hard.On the night of third tip! The first two tips were lost. the 3rd tip was reported to FBI not VSP. And this is hard AND YOU MUST PAUSE. The white man in the duo when asked for a description said he kind of looked like the VSP officer Rader.

When pressed he said said, oh no not he actual man Rader, but he looks like he could be his brother. Now 4 years later, before any Black man was described and before the recent pictures of Taylor it begs for people to get a picture of Taylor from 4 years ago, put it side by side with Rader at the time of the tip and see if you think it was not a remarkable tip.

No one is implying Rader was involved, he was just used as a reference for the description.

So the question of half of the validity of the tip is can all of you zero out the mug shots and with an open mind see the description, I'll be darn if he doesn't look like Rader. If Taylor had on more weight and was 4 years younger and healthier.

The other thing is if the Taylor creep was there he probably would make sure the black dudes sweat and hairs were kept, then later applied to the Pantera shirt and displayed in a place that would lead LE in the wrong direction [sound familar?]. Like keeping a beer can, who does that.

Also a message to the man in the sketch, keep your mouth shut, tell your girl friend you are going down and I ain't even going to be a suspect.

I don't know about anything but the tips. They were reported and finally followed up on by the real FBI in person! The rest about the DNA and planting the t-shirt only became an Idea after this creep was arrested.

But, I'll be darn! He does kind of look like he would be related to Rader, just looks like. Sorry to Mr Rader, it is just the way you look.

There seems to be 2,3 or more in related disappearances. There are just too many things that match up again and again.

The taunting! I guess that's it mostly. Going to THE HOOK, going to the court about the GPS, speaking out about the DNA on the beer can. Again a black man. Just too much!

Sorry for the long post. Maybe it will open some minds.

I just wish they would find this girl alive, Please! If not find her and start the process.

:phone:By chance was the tip called in re: Alexis as well? Maybe it's been misplaced again? Maybe different investigators?

All good points. I maybe wrong but I think the son is a juvenile, adding to the lack of information. I can understand it too!

The man in jail resembles a tip from a reliable source in the Harrington case. The tip was months before any DNA hit was made. It included descriptions of two men around the bridge.

Now this was right after L. Rader went on TV. The tip described two men, returning from a late night / early morning presence along the railroad tracks. The same tip most will know seems to fit several other tips placing Morgan at the hotel / motel the night or next morning of Metallica concert.

<snipped for space>

There seems to be 2,3 or more in related disappearances. There are just too many things that match up again and again.

The taunting! I guess that's it mostly. Going to THE HOOK, going to the court about the GPS, speaking out about the DNA on the beer can. Again a black man. Just too much!

I just wish they would find this girl alive, Please! If not find her and start the process.

WELCOME to the board!! Great post, very interesting information and would explain the hush-hush. imo

I think youre reading too much into that article. I just read it and to me it sounds like the family has a connection to the FBI....as in a family member works for the FBI (and probably holds a position of authority there).....hence the involvement in a local case that would normally be handled by local police who can get really touchy about jurisdictions.

http://www.nbc29.com/story/23087552/...-alexis-murphy

I see someone posted pics of the search in the past couple of days. Just wondering if anyone has searched near the abandoned soapstone quarries in Nelson county? There are also a few on the way to Charlottesville. Im told they are mostly filled with water and very deep. If RAT spent a lot of time outside and in the area he probably knew about them. Aberdene Soapstone Company would probably have a lot more information.

I think he clearly spends a lot of time outdoors. The first thing I looked at in his picture was the whites of his eyes...thinking jaundice. jmo

I just can't imagine the anguish Alexis's parents must be going through. Not knowing where to start looking, having to keep whatever LE tells you to yourself, if LE is even telling them anything, and just sitting...waiting... and waiting... I can't imagine! Heck within a few hours of not knowing where my dog was, we were out looking, notifying vets offices, checking with neighbors, etc. Every hour that we weren't looking, I was frantic to know where she was! She was found within 3 days. I can't imagine 3 weeks of my DAUGHTER being gone!!! I just can't!!!

Even never knowing Alexis, I want to get out and help look for her! I want to do something!!

The silence is deafening!

Her Aunt said after the hearing on Thursday that they don't know any of the information that was released in court. So they either are not privy to everything in Alexis' case, which isn't unusual.....or, what was said in the closed hearing did not pertain to Alexis' case at all, but in fact was evidence they have found relating to another case. jmo

This other case could explain multiple searches in different areas as well.

The tips we recognized later as being misfiled or not followed up on, this was in print. But here is why, they became an acknowledged screw up. The descriptions were two men laughing openly about the time they spent with the party girl. One a black man with a receding hair line that seemed noticeable to this observer because other wise he seemed to be in his late 30's.

But, even weirder and this will be hard.On the night of third tip! The first two tips were lost. the 3rd tip was reported to FBI not VSP. And this is hard AND YOU MUST PAUSE. The white man in the duo when asked for a description said he kind of looked like the VSP officer Rader.

When pressed he said said, oh no not he actual man Rader, but he looks like he could be his brother. Now 4 years later, before any Black man was described and before the recent pictures of Taylor it begs for people to get a picture of Taylor from 4 years ago, put it side by side with Rader at the time of the tip and see if you think it was not a remarkable tip.

No one is implying Rader was involved, he was just used as a reference for the description.

So the question of half of the validity of the tip is can all of you zero out the mug shots and with an open mind see the description, I'll be darn if he doesn't look like Rader. If Taylor had on more weight and was 4 years younger and healthier.

The other thing is if the Taylor creep was there he probably would make sure the black dudes sweat and hairs were kept, then later applied to the Pantera shirt and displayed in a place that would lead LE in the wrong direction [sound familar?]. Like keeping a beer can, who does that.

Also a message to the man in the sketch, keep your mouth shut, tell your girl friend you are going down and I ain't even going to be a suspect.

I don't know about anything but the tips. They were reported and finally followed up on by the real FBI in person! The rest about the DNA and planting the t-shirt only became an Idea after this creep was arrested.

But, I'll be darn! He does kind of look like he would be related to Rader, just looks like. Sorry to Mr Rader, it is just the way you look.

The problem with your analysis is that the DNA found matched DNA from a previous rape case.

You know what; there is DNA in Morgan's case I believe. It's not in the database. That evidence needs to be ran to locate him.

The problem with your analysis is that the DNA found matched DNA from a previous rape case.
That does not preclude there being more than one assailant in Morgan Harrington's case, though, so the analysis still seems worth considering. I don't see the resemblance between Rader and Taylor, but I have no problem keeping an open mind.

I have been trying, without any success, to find an actual quote from LE or the Harringtons, which stated that the DNA being discussed in Morgan's case was taken from the T-Shirt. It is stated that Morgan's DNA was found on the Pantera shirt, but I haven't been able to find a reference to the other DNA. Can anyone help me out here?
TIA

I have been trying, without any success, to find an actual quote from LE or the Harringtons, which stated that the DNA being discussed in Morgan's case was taken from the T-Shirt. It is stated that Morgan's DNA was found on the Pantera shirt, but I haven't been able to find a reference to the other DNA. Can anyone help me out here?
TIA

After an hour or so trying to find Gil H's original statement about how Morgan was treated and left (soiled) I could only find others referencing the comment. However, I remember an on-camera interview where GH discussed the condition of MH's remains. But, I can't find the video either.

Something keeps nagging at me:
It was stated that nearly every bone in MH's body seemed to be broken/damaged. I keep wondering how or if this might relate in this case. Hard to type this but, if RAT or someone else is related to both of these cases, something traumatic happened to MH's body. A few things came to mind, she was run over trying to get away, they pushed her off some place high or it was some part of the sick plan in the mind/minds of this/these evil killer/killers .

Those tire tracks that led to the top of that mountain reminded me of these concerns. If the person or persons responsible for MH's abduction and murder is/are also responsible for Alexis being missing, the possibility exists that after he or they did what they wanted to her that they just pushed, dumped or forced her over some high place. (So sorry to suggest this but it keeps coming to mind.) If that occurred, then looking over and into ravines may be the only way that she will be found :(

TIA

http://ww2.roanoke.com/news/roanoke/wb/252267/

This is one of the better write ups I could find but according to this it appears that VSP has not released the source of the DNA match to the Fairfax suspect.

Is this what you were looking for?

TIA

I was under the impression the perp's DNA came from the t-shirt, but I'm trying to find a link to back that up with no luck as well.

Is it possible that the DNA came from Morgan's remains? I know it was months later & snow had fallen, but Gil Harrington wrote on the Find Morgan Website: "I have seen the damage, felt the bones, smelled the rot" http://findmorgan.com/family-blog/gil-harringtons-thoughts-from-september-18-2012/.
That makes me doubt that Morgan's remains completely skeletonized, even though I see it referred to as "skeletonized" remains all over MSM. I could be wrong, but I'd think some tissue/organs/flesh etc would still have to be on the bones for a smell of "rot" to be there. (I hate talking about Morgan that way). So maybe if the remains still smelled of rot, there was some of the perp's DNA still somehow available on Morgan's remains or items found with her?

(it still seems more likely the DNA of the perp came from the t-shirt or items found with Morgan's remains, but I can't find confirmation, either. It seems unlikely to me that they'd be able to get the peeps DNA off of remains months later.)

I was under the impression the perp's DNA came from the t-shirt, but I'm trying to find a link to back that up with no luck as well.

Is it possible that the DNA came from Morgan's remains? I know it was months later & snow had fallen, but Gil Harrington wrote on the Find Morgan Website: .* "I have seen the damage, felt the bones, smelled the rot" http://findmorgan.com/family-blog/gil-harringtons-thoughts-from-september-18-2012/.

That poor mother. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :)

http://ww2.roanoke.com/news/roanoke/wb/252267/

This is one of the better write ups I could find but according to this it appears that VSP has not released the source of the DNA match to the Fairfax suspect.

Is this what you were looking for?

Thanks. That article makes it sound like the DNA likely didn't come from Morgan's remains but some of the items found with her remains:
At the time Harrington's body was discovered, police said other "significant items" were found at the scene. Harrington was wearing a black miniskirt, boots and distinctive jewelry the night of Oct. 17.
OR the DNA came from the Pantera t-shirt.

I don't think it's clear where the DNA was collected from and LE must want it that way for a reason.

I was under the impression the DNA had come from her shirt, in which DNA did come from her shirt, but I'm not so certain now that it was the perp's. It was confirmed that DNA from the shirt proved it to be hers.

If you read through Gil's blog, it only ever states bones. It does give a bit more detail, but I didn't gather there to be anything much more. I thought this was important to note in case, although it was stated otherwise, there's some kind of link between MH and missing AM.

"Most hunters have the integrity to kill in a humane and quick fashion. This man doesn&#8217;t work like that. He enjoys the hunting part of a kill and chooses to kill in a savage and brutal way. This Charlottesville man hurt Morgan Harrington enough to break her bones before he murdered her. I cannot get the image of Morgan&#8217;s shattered bones out of my mind, nor the jagged feel of the fractures from my fingers &#8211; a violent, sadistic, and dangerous man."

Please remember LE does NOT share all information with relatives of an adult.
One very important fact is that the unique [all though a matching pair] bracelet was returned to the mother.

Now, no mater how anyone looks at, the bracelet if there was a struggle or if bondage was involved would certainly not been returned if any trace of evidence existed.

It is very safe to assume that the DNA did come the T-shirt. If you time stamp the display of the t-shirt and it being taken to Amy for the ID. You can see that DNA fit the time of the shirt testing, not the time of the body being found.

Now as reviled by a couple of people there was evidence of more than 3 DNA donors. Maybe as much as 6 on that shirt.

Use caution when using the Mother as a reliable source of evidence after the disappearance. She was a nurse, never a scientist and not a expert in anyway of the sciences of what has been done in this case.

As seen she also intertwines her dreams or visions and writes poetry that would be impossible to ever be true. Thus, the reason that LE does not have any reason to ever be compelled to share what they have with a case involving a deceased adult! If MH had a husband if he would not be told such details.

The ability for a successful prosecution outweighs the needs for the family.
Now in this case you have parents of minor child.

It is as different as apples vs oranges. I am sorry but it is true. Also the quotes of her Mother talking of stench are just NOT true and in no way will ever help in a trial. The Mother certainly is in pain, there s no blame on her. But we all must restrain from calling her a reliable source.

I disagree with you on many things in your post.

First of all, her mother is a nurse. Nurses go through rigorous training and schooling in physiology, etc. Secondly, she doesn't need to know how to extract and analyze DNA in order to speak on the subject.

<modsnip> We aren't talking about Morgan's DNA, we are talking about the perp. The likelihood of evidence being found on Morgan's remains if there was some soft tissue left, is more likely than a bracelet, as the bracelet would be washed relatively clean after the first rain or snow.

Please cite your source for this quote, as I have not seen this mentioned in any article,

"Now as reviled by a couple of people there was evidence of more than 3 DNA donors. Maybe as much as 6 on that shirt."

My impression of her mother is that she is Morgan's advocate and doesn't pull any punches. I think her writing is very real and very raw, and not "questionable" as you suggest.

What LE will and will not share with family members varies with every different jurisdiction and with every case. They do not follow any hard and fast rules as far as that is concerned. It is incorrect to state that LE never does X or always does X.

<modsnip>

I disagree with you on many things in your post.

First of all, her mother is a nurse. Nurses go through rigorous training and schooling in physiology, etc. Secondly, she doesn't need to know how to extract and analyze DNA in order to speak on the subject.

<modsnip> We aren't talking about Morgan's DNA, we are talking about the perp. The likelihood of evidence being found on Morgan's remains if there was some soft tissue left, is more likely than a bracelet, as the bracelet would be washed relatively clean after the first rain or snow.

Please cite your source for this quote, as I have not seen this mentioned in any article,

"Now as reviled by a couple of people there was evidence of more than 3 DNA donors. Maybe as much as 6 on that shirt."

My impression of her mother is that she is Morgan's advocate and doesn't pull any punches. I think her writing is very real and very raw, and not "questionable" as you suggest.

What LE will and will not share with family members varies with every different jurisdiction and with every case. They do not follow any hard and fast rules as far as that is concerned. It is incorrect to state that LE never does X or always does X.

<modsnip>

LittleMissContrary, I agree... a mother knows... Gil Harrington is a very spiritual person/mother..
At a CUE missing/murdered person conference in NC/2010, I had the honor of meeting GH & DH. DH & GH, spoke near the end of the candlelight vigil which was held at night on the river front of the Cape Fear river. Gil read a heartfelt poem that she had written for/to Morgan.
The river, only feet away, was white capping and something caught the corner my eye, coming in to view from out of the darkness. It was a pure white sailboat silently skimming by, as would a dove fly by with only one wing tip touching the water. Needless to say, chills went up my spine. I asked later if this event was preplanned.. It wasn't...

At 6: 50 min/sec into the video, GH eloquently speaks...
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qN878keA6K0"]CUE Center National Conference-2010 - YouTube[/ame]

CUE Center National Conference-2010
Community United Effort - Founder Monica Caison

After an hour or so trying to find Gil H's original statement about how Morgan was treated and left (soiled) I could only find others referencing the comment. However, I remember an on-camera interview where GH discussed the condition of MH's remains. But, I can't find the video either.

Something keeps nagging at me:
It was stated that nearly every bone in MH's body seemed to be broken/damaged. I keep wondering how or if this might relate in this case. Hard to type this but, if RAT or someone else is related to both of these cases, something traumatic happened to MH's body. A few things came to mind, she was run over trying to get away, they pushed her off some place high or it was some part of the sick plan in the mind/minds of this/these evil killer/killers .

Those tire tracks that led to the top of that mountain reminded me of these concerns. If the person or persons responsible for MH's abduction and murder is/are also responsible for Alexis being missing, the possibility exists that after he or they did what they wanted to her that they just pushed, dumped or forced her over some high place. (So sorry to suggest this but it keeps coming to mind.) If that occurred, then looking over and into ravines may be the only way that she will be found :(

crushed? construction equipment, and again, salvage yard equipment. If she was found on a farm, they would have had to push her down the ravine and then go get her. Maybe they rolled over her with a piece of equipment in situ. or someone did accidentally after she was placed. Train tracks maybe?

edit--that didn't make sense.

My understanding of Morgan's case was the DNA was both found on the body AND on the Pantera shirt that was planted by the perp (or the perp's accompliss) weeks later.

But, I could be wrong but that is what I recall... I'm wondering if Morgan didn't have some of his skin under her fingernails or there was semen present in (what was left) of her organs. Regardless, LE was pretty sure the DNA was the perps.. and that that it matched the rapists in Fairfax from 2005.

TIA

The episode about MH on ID's Disappeared may have some information you're looking for. Morgan's episode is entitled "Heavy Metal Mystery" and is available on netflix.

That DNA; the fact there have been no hits on this main POI in her case is startling. I'd be checking all military dna as well. Maybe that would help produce a hit. And I sure hope that backed up or not; they have done state wide DNA research for hits. I still think of the Harringtons.

I'm sure they ran the DNA through CODIS. I'm assuming no one in the system matched the DNA.

So, yes checking military DNA is also a good idea if not to simply rule out anyone there and reduce the pool of suspects down further.

And IF the sketch is any indication of how the suspect looks, which I don't believe the sketch is, I couldn't imagine a soldier having facial hair and I'd think he would have a more polished hairstyle. So it makes me doubt the possibility that the suspect could be someone in the military IF the sketch is correct. Which I don't believe the sketch is correct MOO.

Most soldiers I know LOVE metal music and frequent metal concerts...

MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member