Video of KC and Baez Crying together to be released UPDATE BAEZ THREATENS TO SUE

Not only KC wasn't fazed by the find in JBP but also CA. I remember them cutting to CA and she did not bat an eye on Live TV and came out with one of her local Caylee sightings to counteract the media hype.

If I was CA my knees would buckle, just in case this was it, this was Caylee.

CA was too confident and it wasn't just KC that KNEW at that time, at that time CA knew as well where Caylee was -- as also supported by CA directing DC to search in Suburban around that time.

They knew, they knew!!!! How did they know? Guilty. 31 days. Guilty. No appeal to seek the real killer. Guilty. Hello? How big does the writing on the wall need to be before KC's realizes the hole she dug is so deep it has almost buried her. Bye, bye KC.

The more I think about it the more I wonder if Cindy hasn't known all along. I remember when Lee found out about the Park and he asked his mom if she knew about that. The bottom line was that they decided not to tell George according to Lee. I just wonder how many times during Caylee's missing did the rest of the family decide "not to tell George." I wonder if they knew that if dad knew certain things the rest of the family knew that he would put 2 and 2 together and know that Casey murdered Caylee. I do believe that Cindy would go to any length to protect Casey but I'm not so sure about George. For some reason him and Casey didn't get along that well and hadn't been on speaking terms until right before the murder. I think that Casey was punishing both Cindy and George by taking Caylee away from them. She knew how much they both loved that little girl.

Considering how cold she had been with her parents visits, how she never asked if there was anything new in the investigation, never asked about live sightings, I think her reaction was PANIC.
I used to think she did all of it alone. I no longer think that. I dont know who helped her but I do not think that body was there the entire time. It would have stunk to high heaven between mid June & when the storms came that put it under water.

From what some of the experts have said they think it was there all of that time because of the shape the grass was in under it and because things had grown through the bags and up through the bones that were still in the bags.

If a lawyer and client are talking about a matter under representation in lawyer's office, all would agree the conversation and meeting is confidential.

So, what if the lawyer and client are talking in a crowded restaurant and the people at the next table overhear them? Well, they took that risk.

So, what if they are now in a place where they know cameras are running. At least the video portion is disclosed by their own conduct.

So, what if they are now in a place where cameras are running and microphones are everywhere. They voluntarily disclosed so no expectation of privacy or privilege.

See the difference?

bump!

What did the Pros do that Baez thinks the judge should saction them for?
If it is legal for the Pros to have any and all videos that that shouldn't be it.
Didn't Baez try this before and he got shot down by the judge or the board?

It is unethical for a attorney to become this involved with a client. Crying along with her???? He is only her attorney and he didn't even know Caylee.
Besides, it wasn't even known if it was Caylee or not at that time. This attorney has a big problem. I wonder if Casey is the first client he has become involved with. I guess he really is a "hands on" attorney in every sense of the word. I would really like to know what his wife thinks or even if she is still around. I bet before this case goes to trial Baez will be shown the door by either the judge or the board.

The article says JB is filing a motion for sanctions. Usually, when an attorney doesn't want some evidence released, they will file a motion for supression, backed up by legal case law called points and authorities. Doesn't sound like the right motion to me. Sounds more like an attempt to intimidate the prosecution attorneys or the County employees.

I think Baez may have filed this motion for sanctions because he was taking a lead from a recent case in Broward County where prosecutors were actually removed from the proceedings.

A Broward County judge has halted a first-degree murder trial and ruled that two prosecutors engaged in prosecutorial misconduct by listening to taped jailhouse phone conversations between a murder defendant and his attorney... Miami Herald 1-6-09

In Martinez, the Broward County Case, the defense successfully argued that misconduct occurred when the prosecutors listened to the jail's intercepted recordings of conversations between defendant and his attorney:

“Under the facts of the case at bar the question then arises as to whether the defendant's use of the only telephone available to him while in custody could constitute a voluntary waiver of that privilege....

Does the agreement to recording of an attorney-client discussion rise to the level of a knowing and voluntary waiver of the privilege of the contents of the discussion under these facts? Must a defendant who remains in custody choose between waiving attorney-client privilege by using the only telephones available to him or not having any telephone communication with his lawyer? The answer to both these questions must be a resounding "no."
Order in FL v. Martinez case discussed above.

The Martinez case seems different because the inmate/defendant had no alternative or "safe" phone line to use for atty-client communication. I think Baez could only hope to achieve a similar outcome if OCSD provided no secured areas where he and his client could communicate confidential information privately.

This is a red herring. This is a false complaint. It is going nowhere.

I think you're right!

----

my random thoughts:

I’m assuming this taped interaction between Casey and JB occurred in a public area or an area outside of the area designated for the private meetings between attorney and client. If so, case law in FL indicates the interaction would not be privileged:

“...defendant communicated with his lawyer in a prison cell where the defendant knew another inmate would overhear. The Florida Supreme Court concluded that the fact that the defendant knew his conversation would be overheard contradicted his contention that the conversation was confidential. The court held that because the defendant failed to take advantage of the jail’s private facilities for such meetings, he waived the privilege....” (Mobley v.FL, 1982)

It seems like JB files baby-step motions— filing the wrong motion in hopes of ultimately achieving an outcome best achieved with another motion. I don’t know if he does this out of ignorance or to make things seem more dramatic. :rolleyes:

Most importantly, Baez is the only person talking about this alleged tape. So we don’t know if prosecutors have even viewed the tape. It seems like Baez is also taking a lead from Casey and imagining that the proceedings are innately personal-- The SA is “mad at Casey:razz:” because she refused to take an alleged plea deal. Baez is miffed because the State is seeking disclosure about fee arrangements and media deals— he takes it personally:blushing: and decides to levy this oddly personal motion, attacking the SA for the conduct of OCSD.

IMO if the prosecution actually has this alleged tape, they’ll deal with it appropriately. If it seems to have been inadvertently or deliberately recorded in violation of attorney-client privilege, they probably won’t watch it and/or use it as evidence.

I think this is just another case of Baez talking about and publicizing issues he purportedly doesn't want within the public purview. I guess this is why the defense needed Todd Black?? :waitasec:

Do you ever getting the feeling that all the motions by JB are to get publicity. I have never followed a case where this has taken place months before the trial is suppose to start.

Why did JB think that it was wise to hire an ethics attorney to cover himself, if his ethics wouldn't come into focus. I think their is something going on here. Another attorney...who is paying this attorney?

Do you ever getting the feeling that all the motions by JB are to get publicity. I have never followed a case where this has taken place months before the trial is suppose to start.

Why did JB think that it was wise to hire an ethics attorney to cover himself, if his ethics wouldn't come into focus. I think their is something going on here. Another attorney...who is paying this attorney?

the thing that gets me is that none of the atty's seem to be able to muster the words "no comment"----also odd have been the pressers--announcing that at 4:00pm they will submit a court paper--camera time and they all want their moment in the light--

I think the release of this video is horrible, if the vid we speak of is the discovery of Caylee's remains. What if Casey is innocent and the reaction that we will all salivate over is actually her honest reaction to the discovery of her child's remains? It makes me terribly uncomfortable and I for one, will not watch it. I have no desire to watch any mother come undone, regardless of her involvement. Casey's pain triggers absolutely no delight in me as I imagine it pales in comparison to the pain she has caused others. I live in FL and think the sunshine act needs to be repealed or changed. I feel it is unfair to both the incarcerated and her prosecutors.

I got here late....let me just say this,

If Casey is innocent, I will share a red twizzler with Baez, whilst naked - sitting on a windmill - live on NG......the ONLY pain Casey feels is for herself.:twocents:

I got here late....let me just say this,

If Casey is innocent, I will share a red twizzler with Baez, whilst naked - sitting on a windmill - live on NG......the ONLY pain Casey feels is for herself.:twocents:

I would pay 14 cents and a sandwich to see that! :rotfl: But you are safe. It is never going to happen!

I mentioned this on the other thread, but Jose already has one touchy feely tape out there. The initial perp walk out of the jail and into the crowd of reporters, where she smirks, caresses his shirt, he cuddles her and they whisper to one another before making the charge toward the car. Jose needs to learn to read, since the jail is full of signs saying there are video cameras everywhere.

I mentioned this on the other thread, but Jose already has one touchy feely tape out there. The initial perp walk out of the jail and into the crowd of reporters, where she smirks, caresses his shirt, he cuddles her and they whisper to one another before making the charge toward the car. Jose needs to learn to read, since the jail is full of signs saying there are video cameras everywhere.

Yes that one comes to mind for me too Debs. Also the references that he had to be reminded not to hug his client in the jail?

I'm trying to give him the benefit of doubt here, and thinking of ways this could be a defense strategy...it's just not working so far for me.

I gotcha (I'm a Fla resident), but why did the jail release them to another party in the first place? How does attorney/client priviledge play into this. That's the part where I'm still fuzzy.

Hey...I WANT to see these tapes as much as the next person, but I'm trying to understand how and why they are being released - it's the whole attorney/client priviledge that's snagging me up here. Thank you in advance for your help Themis! I love reading your posts and glob onto every single one of them.

The privilege protects A/C communications. Their appearance is observable and public when he visits her in jail. I can only assume this is a package of videos intended to show the total overreaction by both of them to the finding of unidentified human remains. They haven't been identified as Caylee's. It suggests foreknowledge of where Caylee's remains are, especially if contrasted to her non-reaction to news of small remains found at JB Park. This is supposedly her revised location of where Caylee was snatched from her and where she last saw her alive.

Yes that one comes to mind for me too Debs. Also the references that he had to be reminded not to hug his client in the jail?

I'm trying to give him the benefit of doubt here, and thinking of ways this could be a defense strategy...it's just not working so far for me.

Maybe he was trying to teach her how to look like she's really crying? ;)

I think the release of this video is horrible, if the vid we speak of is the discovery of Caylee's remains. What if Casey is innocent and the reaction that we will all salivate over is actually her honest reaction to the discovery of her child's remains? It makes me terribly uncomfortable and I for one, will not watch it. I have no desire to watch any mother come undone, regardless of her involvement. Casey's pain triggers absolutely no delight in me as I imagine it pales in comparison to the pain she has caused others. I live in FL and think the sunshine act needs to be repealed or changed. I feel it is unfair to both the incarcerated and her prosecutors.

I agree the sunshine laws are very scary.

I don't believe for one second that the pain Casey may exhibit is genuine grief over learning her baby is dead. I believe, with every fiber of my being, that any pain she experienced was for herself and her predicament. She knew the jig was up.

Apparently there was no such reaction when it was announced, in the media that small bones were found at Blanchard Park.

Which I don't know a lot about Florida Law, and I don't know for certain, but Attorney Client Privilege only includes audio of what they are saying.....

Unless they are playing charades, there won't be any information that we should not know on the video.

I know you were joking, but since the PI said they never talk about the case, maybe they ARE playing charades.. gotta fill the hours up by doing something! :rolleyes:

I guess he really is a "hands on" attorney in every sense of the word.

:eek:

The privilege protects A/C communications. Their appearance is observable and public when he visits her in jail. I can only assume this is a package of videos intended to show the total overreaction by both of them to the finding of unidentified human remains. They haven't been identified as Caylee's. It suggests foreknowledge of where Caylee's remains are, especially if contrasted to her non-reaction to news of small remains found at JB Park. This is supposedly her revised location of where Caylee was snatched from her and where she last saw her alive.

Excellent summation, I agree with you.

It speaks volumes that she reacted different to 2 CREDIBLE possibilities of a child's remains being found---the only one to cause concern was the one she knew was her because she put her there. My question is, can this be entered as evidence?:waitasec:

Has it been mentioned when this tape will be released?

It speaks volumes that she reacted different to 2 CREDIBLE possibilities of a child's remains being found---the only one to cause concern was the one she knew was her because she put her there. My question is, can this be entered as evidence?:waitasec:

In fact, EVERYONE reacted exactly the same as Casey, both times. George and Cindy went to JBP and caused a scene. JB did not head immediately to the jail when the news from JBP went on air. Casey wandered back to her cell calmly.

Suburban Drive, Casey freaks out and wants meds, George and Cindy send out a press release about being hopeful it is not Caylee and stay in their home, and JB makes a mad dash to the jail.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jasonleblanc061975@gmail.
Back