Volusia County - Daytona Beach (Ridgwood Ave corridor)

I posted about this last week on a thread that is a few pages back. Nancy Grace was very concerned about the students on spring break last week.

txsvicki said:
I posted about this last week on a thread that is a few pages back. Nancy Grace was very concerned about the students on spring break last week.

I'm very worried too. Young girls vs. worn out hookers. He would go for the pretty young things in a heartbeat. Scares the crap out of me that Daytona is not saying more to warn people away.

And think of all of the women who were there for Speed Weeks in February.

Name: Kristin Dunn

Date Found: 09/19/2004Location Found: On the side of South Sparkman Avenue near Orange City

The victim's naked body was found on the south side of South Sparkman Avenue near West Gardenia Drive. Investigators believe the victim's body had been there for less than 12 hours before its discovery and that the victim had been killed elsewhere before the body was left on the side of the road. The victim was known to frequent the Daytona Beach area. Investigators traced the victim's movements during the night before her death to the Lido Beach Motel on South Atlantic Avenue in Daytona Beach, where she was seen leaving in a blue, 1993 Chevrolet Astro van driven by a male friend of the victim.

http://volusia.org/sheriff/homicides/dunn.htm

Man Charged With Raping Woman During Daytime Attack

POSTED: 12:47 pm EST March 21, 2006

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. -- A man wanted for attacking a Daytona Beach woman is in jail. Kenneth Stuckey was arrested Tuesday morning.

Stuckey is accused of forcing a woman into her own car in a Daytona Beach parking garage and raping her in October. He was identified through DNA using the convicted offender database.

It was just a week after Stuckey got out of jail for a previous crime when the attack allegedly happened. http://www.wftv.com/news/8164469/detail.html

1993 Chevrolet Astro van

I wonder if they checked that out? Or if her case was ever resolved? Where did you find that?

This was interesting on that site. http://volusia.org/sheriff/press/060058.htm
March 18, 2006
Gary Davidson
Public Information Officer
TWO DAYTONA BEACH MEN CHARGED WITH IMPERSONATING POLICE OFFICERS
<FONT face=Arial size=2>

<FONT face=Arial size=2>They looked every bit the part, including the police-style lights and siren on their black SUV along with a gun, badge, bullets, handcuffs, a tactical vest and baton, police t-shirt and a hand-held radio. However, they weren’t police officers at all. Early Saturday morning, Volusia County Sheriff’s deputies stopped a 1995 Ford Explorer doing about 90 mph on Nova Road as it bolted past the intersection at Flomich Street. Deputies stopped the vehicle at about 1:41 a.m. and after an on-scene investigation, arrested both occupants for impersonating the police.

Thanks for the link to that article Beyondbelief. Here are a couple of things from it that I find interesting:

In the North Carolina cases, at least one of the three women killed -- the one found Feb. 9 -- had been decapitated. Skipper would not comment on whether any of the women here had been mutilated in any way.

Monday afternoon, one prostitute named Jo Lynn Alderman, said she thinks the killer could be a former police officer. The admitted crack addict said a handful of former cops frequent the area.

"They're the ones that come out here and try to gain your trust," Alderman said.
http://www.news-journalonline.com/special/daytonadeaths/032106.htm

It would not be the first time that a Florida serial killer turned out to be a former Police Officer. I would love to know if the man whose ex-wife has provided DNA evidence is a former Police Officer.

Could This Be Related?
Name: Kristin Dunn

Date Found: 09/19/2004Location Found: On the side of South Sparkman Avenue near Orange City

The victim's naked body was found on the south side of South Sparkman Avenue near West Gardenia Drive. Investigators believe the victim's body had been there for less than 12 hours before its discovery and that the victim had been killed elsewhere before the body was left on the side of the road. The victim was known to frequent the Daytona Beach area. Investigators traced the victim's movements during the night before her death to the Lido Beach Motel on South Atlantic Avenue in Daytona Beach, where she was seen leaving in a blue, 1993 Chevrolet Astro van driven by a male friend of the victim.

http://volusia.org/sheriff/homicides/dunn.htm

Theresa Mills went missing in Holly Hills just north of Daytona on Monday.

Woman's friends fear the worst

The Holly Hill resident was last seen in an area where a serial killer is suspected to have been.

Mills was last seen at 3 p.m. Monday, after she left her Maple Leaf Gardens apartment off Ridgewood Avenue searching for a waitress job, Holly Hill police spokesman Mark Barker said.

"We have no information or evidence that links events in Daytona Beach, but we're ruling nothing out," Barker said. "Given the activity in Daytona Beach it, adds a certain urgency to our efforts. We're not saying that it [a link to the serial killings] is not possible. . . . We just don't have any solid evidence that she has been the victim of a homicide."
Johnson, 50, said Friday that she is worried about Mills, with a serial killer thought to be on the streets.

"I haven't slept since Monday," said Johnson, a machine operator and packer at Hawaiian Tropic in Ormond Beach. "She is not the type to leave without calling. She never went out except to walk to the library or the Food Lion."

When Johnson returned home from work early Tuesday morning, she could not get into the apartment because Mills had the only set of keys. She said she had to wake up the manager to unlock her door and knew something was wrong.

The two had been living together for three months. Johnson met Mills five years ago shortly after Mills' 4-year-old son was run over by a car and killed.

She said Mills' uncle and mother died the same year. That's when Mills fell into a deep depression, Johnson said. Mills' ex-husband took custody of her daughter and other son after the accident, Johnson said.
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/volusia/orl-missing2506mar25,0,1926111.story?coll=orl-home-headlines

More Details On Missing Daytona Beach Woman

Posted in Daytona Beach on March 25th, 2006 by Stephen McCaskill

More information is coming out about the missing Daytona Beach woman that some suspect may have become the latest victim of a serial killer.

Theresa Mills, also known as “Blaze”, is a 31-year-old woman who left her home on foot Monday to look for a job and has not been seen since that day.

Initial reports by her roommate Linda Johnson were that she had not been a prostitute, but had worked as a stripper for a local club. Now reports states that a woman who worked rehabilitating streetwalkers said the missing woman was a prostitute she had tried to help.
“Oh no, don’t tell me she’s missing,” said Aida Rosa Bowers, who used to run Heaven’s Garden, a rehabilitation center for prostitutes. “We used to see her over on beachside a lot and we ministered to her.”

more at the link

http://www.crimesceneblog.com/

http://www.news-journalonline.com/NewsJournalOnline/News/Headlines/frtHEAD01032506.htm

I'm getting tired of reading about this guy. Its time to get some undercover people from all over the state working in that area. I think the distance in time of the deaths is due to the fact this guy is stalking and taking time to get to know these girls.

Woman: I Know Daytona's Serial Killer

Detectives Collect DNA Evidence At Home

POSTED: 5:31 pm EST March 21, 2006
UPDATED: 7:10 am EST March 22, 2006

Investigators in Daytona Beach, Fla., are investigating a woman's claim that she knows the serial killer responsible for the recent deaths of three prostitutes in the city, according to Local 6 News.
The woman, who is in protective custody, told Local 6 News that her ex-husband has a history of murder, has confessed to shooting a woman at close range and is a paranoid schizophrenic.

Local 6 News has learned that investigators are looking into the woman's claims and where her ex-husband was when Iwana Patton, Laquetta Gunther and Julie Green were killed.

She said detectives collected DNA evidence from her home and they are waiting on a positive match from DNA found at all of the crime scenes in Daytona.

more at the link http://www.local6.com/news/8169908/detail.html

concernedperson said:
Regardless, they didn't bargain for death. Remember the world's oldest trade. It is because they are vulnerable just like children are vulnerable just like wives who believe their husbands are vulnerable.

Because someone decides that these people don't have a right to life doesn't make it OK. The world struggles with everything...Bird Flu, Poverty,Politicians With Agendas, and it costs. It costs lives and it costs heartache.

As soon as this killer ventures out with a victim of opportunity and the victim doesn't fit the others, he will be caught.

Some of you may remember a post I made a long time ago about an incident in Daytona Beach. I was working there in the 80's and came back to my hotel about 5:30 PM. I went to the bar in the Sheraton and had a drink. I felt immediately woozy and went to my room and chained the door ASAP. The next morning I awoke with no memory of the night before and I was still fully clothed but laying on top of the bedspread and feet hanging off the edge. I believe I was slipped something. It was the oddest feeling to lose that amount of time. It happens...it happens for the wrong reasons and it happens to people who have no clue it will.

Wow, that is scary and reminds me of an incident I had back in the mid 70's. I had attended a Grateful Dead concert in Chicago with a male friend. It was late before we headed back to WI, my friend was tired so I offered to drive while he lay down in the back of the station wagon. We were outside the city, probably near the Wi border when a semi came up behind me. I thought nothing of it when he passed me. I don't think I even looked his way, but before long, he dropped behind me. Then he passed me again. Then he fell behind. He must have done this four or five times and I was getting anxious thinking "what the hell is he doing". He is passing me once more when suddenly he swings a hard right and cuts me right off. Being on a bridge, I had no place to escape go. I start telling my friend he had better get up because this guy is out of his truck and approaching. When my buddy popped up, the guy stopped in his tracks, I rolled down the window just a bit to ask him what was wrong. He hesitated briefly and told me that I was driving with my brights on!

At the time I thought it really a bizarre incident but it didn't occur to me until years later, that had I been alone, I may well have ended up a missing person with only an abandoned car on the side of the road! I have told my daughter the story and try to pass it on to all females I know that will be travelling alone. Most of us try to be courteous drivers, but there are many whily predators out there and you don't know what ploy they will use.

I know for a fact, that each time that guy passed me, I put my dims on!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back