Volusia County - Daytona Beach (Ridgwood Ave corridor)

David Allen Gore, convicted Florida serial killer hid in the back of an elderly ladys car. A truck driver, high in his cab, could see him crouched down as the lady was driving. The truck driver honked and honked his horn until the lady finally pulled over. Gore was arrested. That truck driver saved that woman's life. I wonder if that truck driver thought you had a man hiding in the back of your car. Just a thought.

I hope they got this guy and his car in custody. I sure would like to get rid of him. This is scary.

Beyond Belief said:
David Allen Gore, convicted Florida serial killer hid in the back of an elderly ladys car. A truck driver, high in his cab, could see him crouched down as the lady was driving. The truck driver honked and honked his horn until the lady finally pulled over. Gore was arrested. That truck driver saved that woman's life. I wonder if that truck driver thought you had a man hiding in the back of your car. Just a thought.

Nice thought, unfortunately I believe she was a target. And if her friend wasn't there she would have more than likely been raped.

I hope that Theresa Mills isn't another victim. She is very pretty and has been through so much loss. Sounds like she was trying to stay off drugs and do better in that area. I don't think a street wise person would not call her friends knowing how they would worry. Theresa probably had no money except that 3$ found in her purse and was forced to go out and look for work.

I think she met someone at that bar the night before and he told her he would meet her and loan her some money the next day. I think thats where she was headed. The assault if there was one did not happen near that dumpster. She might have gotten in a car to go to the bank with the guy. He would have had to come back later and leave her purse. Three bucks isn't much so you know she didn't get paid for "anything".

Beyond Belief said:

I never thought that they guy could have been a good samiritan of sorts. In fact, never gave it much thought at all til missing persons became a common occuracne. Suppose it's possible. It sure creeps me out thinking of it.

I just want women to be careful and that includes checking the car before getting in!

Beyond Belief said:
I think she met someone at that bar the night before and he told her he would meet her and loan her some money the next day. I think thats where she was headed. The assault if there was one did not happen near that dumpster. She might have gotten in a car to go to the bank with the guy. He would have had to come back later and leave her purse. Three bucks isn't much so you know she didn't get paid for "anything".
Not sure she didn't get paid. After all he didn't have to leave what he had paid her. Infact that might seem stupid to him.

DAYTONA BEACH — Talk around the city that a former cop is the serial killer behind the unsolved murders of three women is not farfetched, a Daytona Beach police captain said Tuesday.

"All theories are open right now, including that it could be a former cop," said Capt. Brian Skipper, who oversees the detectives involved in the investigation. "It could be anybody, from any department, from any city. There are a lot of badges out there and a lot of uniforms."

<snip>

"I've heard from both prostitutes and our volunteers that they think the killer could be a former police officer," Ray said. "I think that's believable. Just from a logical standpoint, it could be true because they're (police officers) the ones who could most easily gain a prostitute's trust."

<snip>

Earlier this week, prostitute Jo Lynn Alderman said a few retired cops often come by the area where she and a lot of her colleagues hang out.

"They're looking for a good time," she said.

more at the link http://www.news-journalonline.com/special/daytonadeaths/032206.htm

If it's a police officer it's possible he is making them go with him but the choice of weapon is striking, ya'll agree? I can't keep them all straight and I know there's been others but a gun is a little unusual as a weapon when they are likely sex attacks unlike say the Zodiac and DC snipers and BTK used a gun mostly for control but didn't shoot them except the brother of a victim. Is it possible these aren't sexual attacks?

strach304 said:
If it's a police officer it's possible he is making them go with him but the choice of weapon is striking, ya'll agree? I can't keep them all straight and I know there's been others but a gun is a little unusual as a weapon when they are likely sex attacks unlike say the Zodiac and DC snipers and BTK used a gun mostly for control but didn't shoot them except the brother of a victim. Is it possible these aren't sexual attacks?
I don't think it's sex acts. The victims all looks different, and the thing they have in common is living a hard life, and being on the streets, from what I understand.
Maybe it's one of those guys who thinks he needs to "clean up the streets".
It's one sick b*stard, that's for sure.

Oh yeah for sure PFM you're right about that I just wondered if they are saying the crimes may be sexually motivated because of the victims chosen but the way he kills them is what makes me wonder about the motivation and that they may not be, they're simply easy targets. Some of the ones I mentioned previously have no preference of victim they are just hunting humans. I've seen some others on ctv's crime library but names don't stick with me.

Has anyone said whether the victims were sexually assaulted or not? I remember that Gary Ridgeway's victims didn't all look alike either.

Just read on a blog that Theresa Mills was found alive and okay in Jacksonville Florida. Unfortunately, she got back on drugs and had went on a binge, but thank goodness not a victim of the serial killer.

txsvicki said:
Has anyone said whether the victims were sexually assaulted or not? I remember that Gary Ridgeway's victims didn't all look alike either.

I just went back to the beginning reports to see if there was any definite statement made of a sexual assault on any of the victims and guess what? There isn't but it dawned on me after reading all the reports that are alluding to it that LE cannot say they were sexually assaulted since they are known prostitutes or the possibility that they are. They also stated in several reports that the victims were all known to have went willingly in a car the last time they were seen. The woman that said she gave LE dna of her husbands made me wonder also since it could be hair or blood and not semen but in the most recent report it says dna found on all three victims or something to that effect that made me go back to thinking semen.

The gun would tie all three of these victims into the series for sure provided they match with the same gun but LE has ruled out others as being connected to this series that were shot when the killer could have 10 guns so it has to be the dna and some of the others were sexual assaults.

I still wonder if the victim that I posted the article about in post #27 is related. Sounds to me like it could be and that one was found 09/19/2004.

Person Of Interest Questioned In Serial Murder Case
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. -- Eyewitness News learned overnight that detectives on the Daytona Beach serial murder case questioned a person of interest. The unidentified man was arrested Monday night on unrelated drug charges
Investigators working the serial homicides said the individual they detained is not considered a suspect, even though he was involved in an altercation with a woman he didn't know near the location where police found two of the three murdered women.

Detectives in Daytona Beach said the murders of Julie Green, Laquetta Gunther and Iwana Patton have several things in common. All three voluntarily got into cars with men they did not know. All three were found dead laying in an alleyway, ditch or dirt road within a close proximity of each other.

Detectives also have reason to think the murders were committed by the same person in December, January and February.

While police have questioned some persons of interest, they have already ruled out the people they talked to. Those people included drug dealers and "johns," men who seek out prostitutes.

Police said two of the victims were known as crack addicts and prostitutes.
http://www.wftv.com/news/8455672/detail.html

POSTED: 7:40 am EDT April 4, 2006
UPDATED: 12:12 pm EDT April 4, 2006

A man taken into custody early Tuesday in connection with the hunt for a serial killer in the Daytona Beach area has been interviewed and eliminated as a possible suspect in the case, Local 6 News has learned.
Investigators said John Rose, 34, was arrested after an altercation with a woman he did not know at Williamson Boulevard and Strickland Range Road -- in the same area where one of the victims was found.

<snip>

It was determined that Rose and Wolf had no knowledge of the homicides.

http://www.local6.com/news/8456506/detail.html

http://www.news-journalonline.com/NewsJournalOnline/News/Local/newEAST01040706.htm

Although police have not identified a suspect in the killings, they are watching several persons of interest, Skipper said.

Some of those persons of interest were gained after investigators spoke to a cab driver who may have witnessed some activity the night Gunther was possibly murdered.

"The cab driver came to us and he gave us some very interesting information," Skipper said.

Skipper said Thursday that none of the three women were ever listed as missing, and the people who probably saw them before they were picked up by the killer have spoken to investigators.

Green was last seen by a boyfriend who said she headed toward Mason Avenue to use a public telephone to call her father. The friend, Rick Marcott, said Green left his house on Tomoka Road about 8 p.m. Jan. 13, the night she was killed.

Patton's car was found in a lot behind a business at Ridgewood and Cottrill avenues on Feb. 25, the day after her body was found. Skipper said Thursday that "it appears she was probably on Ridgewood" before she was picked up by the killer. Only Gunther's whereabouts before her death remain somewhat a mystery, Skipper said.

Shadow205 said:
I still wonder if the victim that I posted the article about in post #27 is related. Sounds to me like it could be and that one was found 09/19/2004.

Nancy Grace was just tonight talking about the killing/killings in the Volusia area. Nancy was mentioning 11 women in all and some murders in North Carolina, but Pat Brown believes that there are several serial killers. Nancy thinks they may all be related.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back