VT VT - Brianna Maitland, 17, Montgomery, 19 March 2004

Also, I know it’s a very long shot, but thoughts on BM being a match for this Jane Doe found in MD?21UFMD
The Doe is listed as one inch taller but appears to have been fully skeletonized prior to her discovery. The state of the remains could explain the relative dissimilarity of the artistic renderings. The hair color is close, although the length of the hair appears to be off. Age is listed at 19-23. The Doe was found in 2005 and is estimated to have become deceased months earlier.

What I find most interesting are the healed fractures to the nose and left cheek....

Also, I know it’s a very long shot, but thoughts on BM being a match for this Jane Doe found in MD?21UFMD
The Doe is listed as one inch taller but appears to have been fully skeletonized prior to her discovery. The state of the remains could explain the relative dissimilarity of the artistic renderings. The hair color is close, although the length of the hair appears to be off. Age is listed at 19-23. The Doe was found in 2005 and is estimated to have become deceased months earlier.

What I find most interesting are the healed fractures to the nose and left cheek....

You should send this info to the private investigator working the case, Greg Overacker

Last edited:
What happened to Brianna Maitland?
0a76d82c-fdd1-11ea-af50-0242c0a8c003.png

''On the morning of March 20, 2004, the Vermont State Police received a report of an abandoned car on the property known as the “Old Dutchburn Barn” in the town of Montgomery, Vermont. A green 1985 Oldsmobile Delta was found at an odd angle, backed into the side of the building. The vehicle had collided with the building in such a manner that the rear bumper was stuck on the foundation of the house, causing the rear tires to be elevated and thus disabling the vehicle. There were no indications that the vehicle had come off the roadway in an uncontrolled manner. The responding trooper did not find anyone with the vehicle or inside the abandoned farmhouse. The doors to the vehicle were unlocked, and the keys were missing. He noted several items inside the vehicle, including two unopened paychecks from the Black Lantern Inn addressed to Brianna Maitland. The trooper went to the Black Lantern Inn to attempt to contact Maitland, but the establishment was closed. The car was then towed to a local tow yard.

The day before, Kellie Maitland had gone shopping with her 17-year-old daughter, Brianna Maitland, in St. Albans, Vermont. Brianna had a shift as a dishwasher at the Black Lantern Inn in Montgomery later that evening, and she seemed anxious to get home and get to work. According to co-workers, Brianna’s shift was uneventful. She did not have any visitors or make or receive any phone calls. At the end of her shift, around 11:20 p.m., Brianna was seen by a co-worker getting into her car and leaving the parking lot. This was the last time Brianna Maitland was seen alive.

On March 23, 2004, Kellie Maitland contacted the Vermont State Police to report Brianna missing. On March 25, 2004, Kellie and her husband, Bruce, went to the State Police Barracks in St. Albans to drop off some photographs of Brianna. It was then that a trooper showed Bruce and Kellie a picture of the green Oldsmobile, backed into the Dutchburn Barn. They confirmed their daughter had been operating the vehicle on the night of March 19, 2004. The Black Lantern Inn is less than 2 miles from where her car was found.

Although initially believed that Brianna might have run away, it was later determined she could have been a victim of foul play. Investigators have pursued multiple leads throughout the years, but none have led to Brianna.

The Vermont State Police Major Crime Unit has partnered with Othram in the hopes of generating a lead using DNA evidence recovered during the investigation. Those with any information that could assist the case are encouraged to call the Vermont State Police at 802-524-5993. A fund has been established by Othram to cover the costs of testing for this case. This case is logged in NamUs as MP2030.''

As the date draws near the disappearance of Bri it brings to mind my list of women who disappeared/died in NH/VT over the last few years who all had something in common.

My list consists of a large hand full f these women who either had made a trip to the hospital (Bri was treated in the ER for the injuries sustained in the altercation) just before their disappearance.

Or were connected in some way connected to the medical field—be it a nursing/medical student or a practicing female doctor or nurse—or patient.

Are they coincidence?
:twocents:

Respect to all intended in my thought and opinion.

I would be curious about your list. Very interesting.

Also, does anyone know why bringbrihome.org is no longer up and running? I'm fairly new to this case and it's heartbreaking.

Quick update folks: Paul Holes & Billy Jensen of Murder Squad have contributed what is needed to fully fund the Brianna Maitland casework we are doing for the Vermont State Police. Incredibly generous of them and everyone else that helped make this happen.

Original Tweet: https://twitter.com/OthramTech/status/1325863721579798533?s=20

Ooh late to the party here - Do we have any inkling as to what kind of DNA evidence they have? I’m assuming it is something inside the car. Or perhaps the necklace. If the car, ugh, that thing was 20 years old and she had slept in it before ... could have DNA from lots of people unrelated to the case - hoping the cops found something the perp was very likely to have touched (again, the necklace?)

Does anyone know if Brianna has any connections to the queens area?

Ok I just confirmed that this picture was taken at comicon in New York and the meta data on the pic matches the date of the event.

Apparently the 2 guys house that they raided, whom were both said to have been drug dealers and knew Brianna well as well as supplied her with drugs... they were both from queens New York and moved to VT with the purpose of trafficking cocaine. I found an unidentified female, who resembles Brianna almost to a T and have submitted the info but have yet to get a response.The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Apparently the 2 guys house that they raided, whom were both said to have been drug dealers and knew Brianna well as well as supplied her with drugs... they were both from queens New York and moved to VT with the purpose of trafficking cocaine. I found an unidentified female, who resembles Brianna almost to a T and have submitted the info but have yet to get a response.The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

wow, great find with the unidentified woman. The information about her, like you say is almost exactly like Brianna. Definitely let us know what response you get back from them, if you get one.

This really does match her well. This is really interesting. I hope you get a response.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back