WA - Author Ann Rule Was Abused, Ripped Off By Her Sons, Cops Say

RIP, Ann.

Thanks for bringing so many cases to those of us who devoured your pages.

Oh my gosh! My mouth is literally hanging open! RIP. :( She was 84. I've been reading her books for years, but I had no idea she was that old.

Oh no ... we all loved her books very much. Such sad news. RIP Ann.

I think she was the first author I'd read that so articulately demonstrated what a sociopath is capable of with "The Stranger Beside me" -- that Ted Bundy was capable of giving what seemed to be compassionate support working suicide hotlines, to being a calculating law student* and serial killer.

I think her true crime novels opened up a lot of eyes as Americans matured out of the naive "free love" social cultures of the 60's and 70's. She's one of the major authors that lured me to being a true crime buff, I feel like a lot of her writings were a public service in raising awareness about stalker type crimes and pathologies.

RIP, Ann, and thank you for your huge body of work, so much to learn from!

Too bad her last days were so tramatic with her family problems and all. R.I.P. Ann

Rest in peace.

The Stranger Beside Me is one of those books I've always said I must read that always got pushed to the back of the line. I'm going to make sure I read it now, finally.

oh this is awful

I didn't know about this court case and now she's gone ... I hope they've made sure it was of natural causes IYKWIM

RIP Ann Rule. It was your books that atarted my interest in true crime. I haveread every one of them..some more than once.

What a great loss this is to our community. Many of us are here because of first reading one of Ann's books that told the story of a crime victim as only she could tell it - vividly, and with great compassion. She was a legend, and will always be considered by me to have set the gold standard for bearing witness so that those who could no longer speak themselves could be heard. God bless you Ann. May you reap your heavenly rewards for your service on earth.

Ann Rule's Too Late To Say Goodbye is on LMN today at noon (EDT).

OMG! I missed this story about Ann Rule. I am tears right now because her story parallels my own Mother's right down to the timing of her broken hip and other health issues and forging of checks by my sister. As atty-at-large to handle her finances, I was fed up and filed a police report the first week of April. My Mother died June 1. I admire the SIL's courage for contacting police.

Rest easy Ann Rule. I'm sorry you had to go through all this, and for what? A little bit of money.

Awwww. This breaks my heart. She was, is, and always will be fondly remembered and through her books her legacy shall live on forever.

Such sad news. ""The Stranger Beside Me" literally kept me awake at night.

She was a truly gifted writer who knew true crime and always had tremendous compassion for victims and their loved ones.

Thank you Ann, and may you rest in peace.

:angel:

I just watched the news video above and the reporter said the cases are still pending with her family, so it looks like her sons will be in court eventually. IMO Sure hope so.

I think she was the first author I'd read that so articulately demonstrated what a sociopath is capable of with "The Stranger Beside me" -- that Ted Bundy was capable of giving what seemed to be compassionate support working suicide hotlines, to being a calculating law student* and serial killer.

I think her true crime novels opened up a lot of eyes as Americans matured out of the naive "free love" social cultures of the 60's and 70's. She's one of the major authors that lured me to being a true crime buff, I feel like a lot of her writings were a public service in raising awareness about stalker type crimes and pathologies.

RIP, Ann, and thank you for your huge body of work, so much to learn from!

Well said. I think the first Ann Rule book I read was Small Sacrifices about Diane Downs. It was riveting and I have read all of her other books in the years since. RIP.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels
Back