WA/Canada - Human feet washing ashore

Interesting with this last identified foot from a suicide in 2004. Why is it washing out so long afterwards and so many together?

Something to do with climate change? stronger currents in the river? new animals or bugs moving in that ecosystem and being more aggressive with decayed flesh and bones?

I do not know these areas. Is it possible it is leavings from animal attacks? However, there could be an individual or individuals who are decapitating bodies and dumping parts all over. Sadly, we have some mighty sick minds running around. It certainly is strange! Skier

I know this is a tad gruesome, but I predict that there are going to be a lot more feet showing up in the near future. I think the feet are going to be coming from the remains of the Tsunami victims from Japan. Take a look at the Pacific Ocean currents and you could imagine why this may happen.

Pacific_Ocean_Currents.jpg

I know this is a tad gruesome, but I predict that there are going to be a lot more feet showing up in the near future. I think the feet are going to be coming from the remains of the Tsunami victims from Japan. Take a look at the Pacific Ocean currents and you could imagine why this may happen.

Your comment makes me wonder if any of the feet that have been washing up since 2007 have belonged to people from the 2004 tsunami.

MSNBC.com story says that two of the feet belonged to missing males...does not say who...?

http://abcnews.go.com/US/foot-washes-ashore-northwes-coast-11th-time/story?id=14420250

n the past four years, about a dozen feet encased in shoes have washed up on beaches near Vancouver, along the southern Georgia Strait and off Washington state.

Looks like a fairly common running shoe from this case file. Very baffling as to where they are coming from. If from the two huge tsunamis there should be more one would think but it probably be dependent upon the water currents that were in play at the time.

Attachments

• Picture from case file.png
    Picture from case file.png
    318.4 KB · Views: 21
It also makes me wonder if feet aren't regularly washing up on other shores too, but due to the currents not as frequently and not in the same places. If it was just one random foot on a beach somewhere else, it would like be a local news story that's quickly reported and forgotten. But since so many have landed here in this same general area, it has become a very unusual national story.

I wonder if there are any sort of "feet washing up on shore" statistics out there.:waitasec::floorlaugh:

I think you are right-on. The remains washing up are from the Tsunami in Japan. There will be more sad to say they lost thousands. I am puzzled the law enforcement has not reached this conclusion. Forensic examination will determine if the remains are asian. So sad! skier

Coroner identifies two more feet that washed ashore in B.C.

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/...-two-more-feet-that-washed-ashore-in-b-c?bn=1

VANCOUVER—Two more of the eight feet that have washed ashore in British Columbia since 2007 have been identified.

The B.C. Coroners Service says the feet belong to a woman who committed suicide by jumping from the Pattullo Bridge in New Westminster in 2004.

Her feet washed ashore along the Fraser River in Richmond four years later and autopsies showed the limbs had not be cut off, but separated from the legs naturally.

The coroner’s office says DNA was used to identify the woman and her family has been notified, but doesn’t want her name released.

Another article on the most recent identification of the two female feet found in May and November of 2008.

Snipping a portion of the article which mentions the remaining unidentified feet from the Canadian side.

Eight feet belonging to six individuals were discovered along the B.C. coast between August 2007 and August 2011.

The coroners service has identified six of the feet as belonging to four individuals. Investigators are working to identify the remaining two feet, which are both male.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/story/2011/10/19/bc-feet-identified.html

Don't know if this is related but it sure is strange. A foot was mailed to the head quarters of Canada's conservative ruling party. The package seemed to be suspicious due to what appeared to be blood stains.
There is mention that a dismembered body had recently been found but they do not know if it is related. All of the body was not found.
This is in Montreal, so it is not in the area where the feet washed ashore.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/05/29/world/americas/canada-body-parts/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

Sorry- don't have the link- but I believe it was from the Medford Mail Tribune newspaper but basically a lot of the tsunami debris will be washing up soon in the PNW area beaches. The specifically said that there may be a lot of feet. Something about the way a person degrades in the water and if they have tennis shoes on makes the feet separate and float to shore.

I hope (if Japan doesn't want the partial remains) that we erect a nice memorial here and bury them all. So sad.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back