WA/Canada - Human feet washing ashore

Canadian LE are stumped as there's been three left feet that have washed ashore all in close proximity in Canada. I read in another article they all have a running shoe and they were all the same size? O.K. some kind of scientific wonder who is doing a book on things that float said left and right feet surface at different times and different places. So, who do these feet belong to?http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008/mar/06/canada

This was my favourite part! Sorry, I work the prosthetic department at a hospital and I couldn't resist a little prosthetic humour:D

Edited to add I am Canadian and have not heard about this. I will do some investigating to see if I can find a Canadian source. Strange that this report is coming from the UK. Stay tuned.

Well, I win the bet then. I told Larry, Curly & Moe that the right feet would wash up first. They just had to prove me wrong.

Wait, do you think that someone's looking at a lefty somewhere and saying "Hey, that's not the right one"?

Well, I win the bet then. I told Larry, Curly & Moe that the right feet would wash up first. They just had to prove me wrong.

Wait, do you think that someone's looking at a lefty somewhere and saying "Hey, that's not the right one"?

You need a nap after that one....:crazy:

This was my favourite part! Sorry, I work the prosthetic department at a hospital and I couldn't resist a little prosthetic humour:D

Edited to add I am Canadian and have not heard about this. I will do some investigating to see if I can find a Canadian source. Strange that this report is coming from the UK. Stay tuned.

O.K. I admit I wrote that on purpose. Ocular prosthetics work in the past myself, Utopia. I was a little concerned someone might say "Now that ain't funny". Now looking at these posts heck yeah I'd have drawn more attention to it. LOL

And this thread reminds me of an odd experience on an even odder vacation. Ill share and try to make a long story shirt.

I was suffering from some major stress so my employer sent me on a 3 day trip to jekyll island, just me and my girl shaunie who was about 8 at the time. I had been ill with strep throat and had a relapse about the time we arrived, I decided to take her out on the beach anyway.
So as I was sitting there with my teeth chattering from a fever Shauna comes screaming "there's a dead hand in the water". I went to investigate, nothing more than a golfing glove, but man it really got to her and she refused to get in the water, wanted to leave the beach at that moment, and then asked to please go home. She still to this day claims to have seen a severed hand at jekyll island. Worst vacation of my life.

When my son was about 3 years old, myself a friend and I were out on his newly purchased boat. I was just leaning over the side letting my fingers glide along the water. We were going pretty darn slow. I saw what looked like long blond matted hair deeper in the water. I yelled for him to stop and swing around to where I saw it. He thought I was nuts. My son was still busy with his little fishing rod.......I just had to know...I summoned up every fiber of guts I had. I held my breath and reached way down and grabbed onto hair and pulled..............expecting it to be connected & heavy. It came up a lot easier than I thought and I fell backward. It was a beautician's mannequin head!!!! It took me awhile to realize just how heavy I was breathing, heart pounding and scared sh!tless I was. I do recall..my friend..Mr. Macho..... screaming like a girl behind me when I fell with the head! LOL

I do recall..my friend..Mr. Macho..... screaming like a girl behind me when I fell with the head! LOL
Oh my Lord. Some beauty school dropout probably ditched the head. Too funny about your friend screaming. Jersey waters? Never know what's gonna turn up. I'da been sreaming my head off no pun intended.

Oh my Lord. Some beauty school dropout probably ditched the head. Too funny about your friend screaming. Jersey waters? Never know what's gonna turn up. I'da been sreaming my head off no pun intended.

"screaming my head off" ROFLMAO!

Yep.......... Jersey CEDAR water!

"screaming my head off" ROFLMAO!

Yep.......... Jersey CEDAR water!

Ohhhhhhhh the cedar water. LMAO That smell stays on ya like forever. Love it though as long as I ain't in them pines. Who tosses a beauty head in the water like that? LOL Funniest part is you just HAD to go back and pull it up.

When my son was about 3 years old, myself a friend and I were out on his newly purchased boat. I was just leaning over the side letting my fingers glide along the water. We were going pretty darn slow. I saw what looked like long blond matted hair deeper in the water. I yelled for him to stop and swing around to where I saw it. He thought I was nuts. My son was still busy with his little fishing rod.......I just had to know...I summoned up every fiber of guts I had. I held my breath and reached way down and grabbed onto hair and pulled..............expecting it to be connected & heavy. It came up a lot easier than I thought and I fell backward. It was a beautician's mannequin head!!!! It took me awhile to realize just how heavy I was breathing, heart pounding and scared sh!tless I was. I do recall..my friend..Mr. Macho..... screaming like a girl behind me when I fell with the head! LOL
OMG! ROFLMAO Altho...I must say...I would have probably been screaming like a girl behind you, too!!! You are one brave soul!!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I would have peed myself probably! You are way braver than me!!

I got the heebeejeebees last night after reading this and slept with my feet under the sheets. Usually I sleep with at least one dangling over the edge of the bed.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I would have peed myself probably! You are way braver than me!!

I got the heebeejeebees last night after reading this and slept with my feet under the sheets. Usually I sleep with at least one dangling over the edge of the bed.
Or worse:eek:

When I was younger, I kept my feet under the covers because I thought the under-the-bed monster would bite them off. To this very day... I still can't sleep with my feet uncovered... even when napping. LoL

Maybe the under-the-bed monster has now migrated to Canada?

(my SO knows my feet-must-stay-covered issue... he tried to wake me one time by reaching down and shaking my foot. I went from dead sleep to ready-to-kick foot eating monster a$$... LoL)

Gosh... I thought this was a serious thread/story but I see it is just a joke thread that I wasted my time on. I thought that there was another forum here for jokes?

Sly

Gosh... I thought this was a serious thread/story but I see it is just a joke thread that I wasted my time on. I thought that there was another forum here for jokes?

Sly

It is a serious story. Just letting off steam. Didn't mean to get off on the wrong foot.

I think, therefore, the feet belong to the stumped Canadian LEs.

I wondered about the use of the word stumped in relation to this case, I was gonna say something, but it would have been in bad taste.

Seriously, I mean what the hell? If these were womens feet I would say someing is crippling them to keep them helpless for purposes I don't even want to think about. Who knows someone may be doing the same thing to men. There are a lot of wierdos out there. Did the article mention if they could tell if the people were still alive when said feet were cut off? I don't remember.

I wondered about the use of the word stumped in relation to this case, I was gonna say something, but it would have been in bad taste.

Seriously, I mean what the hell? If these were womens feet I would say someing is crippling them to keep them helpless for purposes I don't even want to think about. Who knows someone may be doing the same thing to men. There are a lot of wierdos out there. Did the article mention if they could tell if the people were still alive when said feet were cut off? I don't remember.

Well, at least the investigation has gotten off on the right foot. Heel, it's been a long time since we've seen someone so a-pair-antly hosed. How many feet apart were they found again? Shoe-enough that's a kick in the head. It socks they haven't found the guy yet. Maybe Toe-morrow they'll find a clue and get this all laced up. There's bound to be a shoe-lution to this tri-ing sit-shoe-ation. It's such a sever-e way to lose your footing on a case, especially if any witnesses get cold feet and refuse to pair up with investigators. Come on gumshoes hop to it! It's em-bare-assing to be so callous, isn't it? I flip flop back and forth about how far to go with this, but you know me, I don't toe the line well. Surely you understand.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back