Found Deceased WA - Cheryl DeBoer, 54, Mountlake Terrace, 8 February 2016 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was her car locked?
Was her phone in the car?
By GPS, I wonder where she was located, when she supposedly sent that text to the friend?

This case reminds me a bit like Susan Jacobson from Roseville California, missing since May 2013.

Susan's car was found by the police in a shopping center not far from where she lives and
her husband said that she had plans to go shopping there. And her car was found right there later in the day by police, but her wallet was found by a good samaritan around 8am in that same shopping center.

In Cheryl's case... it looks like the car was found near where she said she would be, but yet she isn't to be found, just like Susan Jacobson.

And just like Susan Jacobson, I wonder when the car arrived there... Susan wasn't found on any videos that is known, that I am aware of... I wonder if Cheryl won't be found on any videos either?

Surely there has to be videos somewhere of Cheryl's car arriving at some point??

And like a previous poster mentioned, Anyone can send a text. That doesn't mean that Cheryl was the one who sent it from her phone...

IMOO.

Interesting...I received a message from a TV reporter from Washington (state)wanting to discuss this case with me. Hmmm...

Interesting, los2188. Would you be willing to share the reporter's name? I am local and am curious!

https://www.facebook.com/DavidRoseQ...024881553997/1051436974879446/?type=3&theater

This reporter mentions about a press conference set for around 11:30.

It's interesting that the missing person's flyer on this reporters link states she was last seen
at Mountlake Transit Center.

I was under the impression she wasn't seen there, but her car was found near there.

Hopefully the press conference will clear that up.

IMOO.

Have turned on KCPQ in anticipation and was greeted by the Jerry Springer show. Gak. Will they interrupt?? Yeesh.

http://www.cityofmlt.com/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=48

"The Mountlake Terrace Police Department is holding a press conference at 11:30 a.m. this morning at Interim City Hall Council Chambers 6100 219th St. SW #220 to update the public about the missing person investigation."

Is it just me or does that sound ominous? Is it normal to have a press conference at this stage? I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

I am curious to see family members. Still nothing that I can find on TV.

Interesting, los2188. Would you be willing to share the reporter's name? I am local and am curious!
Her name is Jessica Lee. And call me Los. 👍

Snipped
Her co-workers fanned out across the park-and-ride lot in Mountlake Terrace on Tuesday morning, talking with bus drivers and passengers who might have seen something.
“It is very unusual,” said April Randhawa, associate director of the
statistical research center. “Any time she has been late, she has checked in. Even when she has had a family emergency, she has always checked in. It is completely unlike her.”

Randhawa said Deboer has a close relationship with her husband and family.
She is always taking about them,” she said.
http://www.heraldnet.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?aid=/20160209/NEWS01/160209200&template=MobileArt

Thanks for the link.

From your link:

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...rces-into-search-for-mountlake-terrace-woman/

Snipped By Me...
"He declined to say whether police had found her purse or cellphone in the car or whether her credit card had been used since she was reported missing."

I would not be surprised if the car was unlocked with her purse in it, perhaps wallet and a cellphone found close by, and her credit card missing but not used…
Just thinking out loud...
IMOO.

Mountlake Terrace police are checking whether surveillance video may have captured images of a woman who was reported missing Monday after she failed to arrive at work.

....However, she texted her friend around 7 a.m. Monday indicating she had left some work at home and would catch a bus instead, Pickard said.

Her car was found a short time later parked in the 23400 block of 58th Avenue Southwest in Mountlake Terrace, an area often used as overflow parking for the transit center, Pickard said.

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...rces-into-search-for-mountlake-terrace-woman/

Answers to some of our earlier questions in there.

“We are putting all of our resources into this investigation,” Mountlake Terrace police Cmdr. Kevin Pickard said during a news briefing Wednesday morning.

Asked whether DeBoer may have been the victim of foul play, Pickard said, “We’re looking at everything right now.”

He declined to say whether police had found her purse or cellphone in the car or whether her credit card had been used since she was reported missing. He also would not say whether police were seeking search warrants in the investigation.

He said DeBoer’s family has been cooperative

Mountlake Terrace police are checking whether surveillance video may have captured images of a woman who was reported missing Monday after she failed to arrive at work.

....However, she texted her friend around 7 a.m. Monday indicating she had left some work at home and would catch a bus instead, Pickard said.

Her car was found a short time later parked in the 23400 block of 58th Avenue Southwest in Mountlake Terrace, an area often used as overflow parking for the transit center, Pickard said.

Answers to some of our earlier questions in there.

What does that mean that she left some work at home?
Was she already in her car, then turned around to go back home to get the work left at home?

I read that she was running late. That could mean why she was running late, that she had to back track perhaps?

Or was she working on work at home and was working on it, which made her late?

It is just odd that these things occurred… leaving work at home, running late, then never getting to where she was supposed to be.
It would make sense if she was running late and arrived to work late, or even arriving at work the proper time if she took transportation to get there on time.
But for some reason these things seemed to have occurred together. Seem to, anyway.

So, was her work in her car?
Was her work taken with her?
Was the text then made from home, or en route to home since she left her work at home to retrieve it?

Still lots of unanswered questions.

IMOO.

One thing I have to say is that it is nice that her missing flyer is being distributed.

Perhaps someone would have seen her at some point?

I think it would be great to leave your question at the Police Facebook.

Sweet!
Sorry no can do for me.
I choose Not to have a Facebook account.
Perhaps someone else can leave those questions at the police Facebook.

And if I read in the future that she left her phone at home, then I really don't know what to think…
Either she planned to disappear or someone planned to disappear her…

IMOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member