Found Deceased WA - Cheryl DeBoer, 54, Mountlake Terrace, 8 February 2016 #8

Perhaps "sensitive information" is that which only the perp would know.

I am probably off base here , but when police are investigating a suspicious death, or when method of death is unclear leading to suspicion. isn't ALL information sensitive?
Wouldn't they choose very carefully what is reported to family and the public?
I don't think for one minute that they have released all they know.

JMO

The name can't be released until ID is determined by the medical examiner (in WA). It is SOP to do the death notification before LE releases any names of deceased to media. In some cases they choose to wait and find an appropriate clergy member to accompany them. Sometimes, if it is very obvious who it is, LE will say "we think it is X but we are awaiting confirmation by ME".

Manner and cause of death can't be released until determined by ME (in WA).

Details of how someone died, wounds, weapon type/caliber etc are typically withheld. Very scant details are usually given about evidence recovered at scene. When we recover something, it isn't immediately clear if it is related to a case (eg a piece of jewelry). Motives are not discussed typically or released until someone is charged, and even then it is a very vague summary eg "John had a disagreement with his father".

If we think it is a suicide, they'll say something like "we don't think there's a danger to the public at this point".

(edit) I should say this can vary a lot even at the same chronological point in the case. We went to one scene and were anxious to hear the entire back story and the detectives said "we have absolutely nothing to go on, what you see in the news is all we know, at this point pretty much anything is possible" but in other cases they have fully developed theories that they can't yet prove 100% so they haven't arrested someone yet.

There are a few items mentioned in this case that are still pending confirmation or results...unless they have been confirmed/resulted and I missed it.

1. Final result of blood on floor board
2. Mention of zip tie
3. Was cell phone found - and this is what's being analyzed?
4. Confirmation of toxicology
5. CD's medical/health history - I would think this was needed to help rule out suicide.

IMOO.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

I have been following this case from the beginning but I didn't see the mention of a zip tie thing until today. Can somebody tell me about that? Is there a connection to the usage of the plastic bag?

I have been following this case from the beginning but I didn't see the mention of a zip tie thing until today. Can somebody tell me about that? Is there a connection to the usage of the plastic bag?

I thought I saw a reference to it somewhere but I looked around today and I can't find it.
Maybe I saw it in a post.
Anyway, maybe someone has a link . If so, TIA

Very little is known about zip tie. It was mentioned by a local reporter (David Rose Q13) on his Facebook site.

So David Rose of Q13 Fox made a post on March 21, then David RE-SHARED on his personal page, and added the comment about the zip tie in the comment section. The original David Rose of Q13 Fox is still there, but his re-share on his own page, with his comment of the zip tie seems to be gone now. He had made it on March 22nd, and I see no posts from him on that date anymore.

So David Rose of Q13 Fox made a post on March 21, then David RE-SHARED on his personal page, and added the comment about the zip tie in the comment section. The original David Rose of Q13 Fox is still there, but his re-share on his own page, with his comment of the zip tie seems to be gone now. He had made it on March 22nd, and I see no posts from him on that date anymore.
I couldn't find that comment either. I sent him a text to see if anything further is known about it and he just replied, "not yet."

if you know him personally, perhaps you could inquire as to why he deleted his post/comment about it? I'm more curious about that.

if you know him personally, perhaps you could inquire as to why he deleted his post/comment about it? I'm more curious about that.
No, I don't know him. I'm just a reader and I find it curious too - if there was ever any truth to it.

Very little is known about zip tie. It was mentioned by a local reporter (David Rose Q13) on his Facebook site.

Which has since been removed from his FB page I believe.
I asked him about it and he never responded.

Well he did respond after 5 times but said it was being tested then went poof from his FB page.

Jmo but in the case of adults, I always hope a person did choose suicide, rather than be murdered. At least then it is a choice. Maybe a terrible one, especially for those left behind, but still, a choice. But mostly I hope that whatever happened can be confirmed for those who need to know. Depending upon circumstances, I don't believe suicide is always "wrong"...and I wish it was much more in the open as far as discussing and perhaps learning from it, for teens in particular. But survivors often feel such guilt, even if they are not at all to blame. Hardly anyone wants to admit that a loved one chose suicide.

Anyway...jmo, obviously.

how did I miss that she had a plastic bag over her head? do people really commit suicide that way? I couldn't even imagine!!

Asked. I'll see if I get an answer. :)
Answer: I deleted it because I don't have any information about it other than that testing is being done on a tie that was found.

Answer: I deleted it because I don't have any information about it other than that testing is being done on a tie that was found.

Hmm, that still qualifies as "news" to me. Strange he felt he needed to delete it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox
Back