GUILTY WA - Colton Harris-Moore - A criminal with a fan base of +18000

I've hesitated to post this as I really don't want to be laughed off the thread. I have had a personal theory for years that "Bigfoot" was most likely a large man with spectrum disorder. I think it's highly possible that more than one have existed in different areas and times.

Think about it before you laugh. Many people with spectrum disorder are socially inept but capable of caring for themselves. Many are even in the high gifted range in certain areas. Stripping off of clothes and going barefoot is a common issue due to sensory overload. And many families (myself included) have noted the absolute shocking stealth that some AS people have. They can literally disappear before your eyes. They are expert hiders. With two of my children with spectrum disorder, I've actually doubted what I know I've just seen. I know that this is stereotyping but a number of spectrum disordered children and young adults males I have worked with are extremely handsome and tall. We know that Colton fits the bill on all counts. One wonders what he would look like if he spent a few years in the backcountry?

I know I'm going out on a limb by sharing this unusual theory but I do live in "Bigfoot Country" and Colton has been seen in Oregon. I'm very concerned for everyone's safety as we all know that people can become dangerous when they have a huge surge of "fight or flight" when being flushed out of hiding. I don't see this as a typical fugitive hunt at all. I just pray for a peaceful resolution.

OK, you may now officially laugh. You won't hurt my feelings.

You never know, Missizzy. I think there must be some reasonable explanation for all of these bigfoot sightings and your explanation is just as good as any of them. Very interesting take on it. I've never thought of that.

I have to admit that does sound like him. But I somehow doubt that he worries about SOLs. I worry that he'll steal yet another plane to get out of the Bahamas. I'm relieved that he's alive but he's got to be stopped before he either kills himself or a whole bunch of innocent people. My gut reaction is that he honestly can't stop himself and that it's really not a game. I don't think that he can control his impulsiveness nor does he have a normal sense of fear. That's what makes these actions so frightening.

Oh My, this dude has his own fanclub with over 20,000 members. I'm gobsmacked!

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=141268095255&sid=503753853.1459925504..1

People calling him buddy, amazing, Run, Colt, Run.

I've never heard of such a thing. I hope he's caught very soon and put away! He's NO hero.

Mel

If he is stealing planes and flying around, he could easily cause harm to a lot of people.
Obviously he would not be filing any flight plans, etc. The fact that so many people cheer him on doesn't reflect good on our society, I am afraid.

Hunt for Colton Harris-Moore closes in on island

Bahamian police are working with the FBI to find the fugitive, who is now a suspect in burglaries on the island.

Police in the Bahamas on Wednesday were trying to lock down the small island where Colton Harris-Moore is believed to be hiding and again committing property crimes.

“We have taken steps to neutralize the areas he may try to use to leave the island,” said Hulan Hanna, an assistant superintendent of police in the small island nation. Officials believe Harris-Moore was still hiding on Abaco Island on Wednesday.

Bahamian authorities were working with the FBI to try to nab the fugitive, 19, of Camano Island, who is suspected of crashing a stolen plane off the coast Sunday.

At least seven burglaries have been reported this week in a community where crime typically doesn't occur, officials said.

“If he stays on the island long enough, police will probably catch him,” said Alistair McDonald, a restaurant owner whose business was burglarized early Tuesday. McDonald said police believe Harris-Moore broke into his Curly Tails bar. He said surveillance cameras captured a glimpse of the 6-foot, 5-inch serial burglar before the intruder turned the cameras toward the walls.

The burglar didn't take anything, McDonald said Wednesday.

More at link:
http://www.heraldnet.com/article/20100708/NEWS01/707089953

He's been caught; Link

Associated Press
Official: Bahamas police catch 'Barefoot Bandit'
By JUAN McCARTNEY , 07.11.10, 07:40 AM EDT

NASSAU, Bahamas -- Bahamas police captured a teenage U.S. fugitive on Sunday, bringing to an end the "Barefoot Bandit's" two-year flight from U.S. justice, a senior police official said.

Colton Harris-Moore was arrested before dawn on northern Eleuthera island, the police official said, speaking on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to discuss the case. He said the suspect would soon be flown to Nassau, the capital, where the Royal Bahamas Police Force would be holding a news conference.

:woohoo:

wow! it about time! I did not know he was 6-foot, 5-inch.

How many years in prison will he get? I hope he goes away for a LONG time.

I don't want him to get like 5 or 10 years.

I hope they know to watch him very, very carefully. Cause I think it's very obvious he would try to run off at any opportunity. I wonder if they are going to leave him in the Bahamas or extradite to US?

Everyone keeps talking and worrying about HIM getting hurt. What about the very real possibility of him hurting others as his crimes continue to escalate?! :waitasec:

Looks to me like another Van der Sloot in the making. What with his mother being so proud of his accomplishments and all. :banghead:

When he was caught, he threw his computer in the water and put a gun to his head. The police had to talk him into putting the gun down.

Sounds like Bahamas are going to charge him and try him before any possible extradition into the US. I am really glad, since I can easily envision some US judge setting him out on bail.

--Comparing yourself to Colton is like comparing apples to oranges. This young man is not a mentally healthy young man. Yes, it's very sad that his mother is doing nothing to help him. I am tremendously thankful that he was caught before he hurt himself or anyone else. He obviously needs a highly structured and supervised environment for his entire life. My guess is that he will never understand natural and logical circumstances nor punitive measures. Did you realize that this diagnosis has grown by almost 40% in the last few decades? It now affects approximately one out of every hundred children. The rates are even higher in the Northwest. It is already one of the greatest medical and societal struggles of the future. There is no cure. And I'll eat anybody's hat is Colton has not or is not diagnosed on the spectrum.

He most certainly does not have the same checks and balances that you do. If you have any family members or close friends with spectrum disorder, you'll understand fully what I'm talking about. This was not a game. This is not a bid for attention. This is the agony of watching someone with a lifelong mental disorder spin out of control.

There is no sport in the capture of a mentally ill person. All we need to be worrying about is safety. With all due respect, JMO.

This is why people should break bottles around their cars and airplanes.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA
Back