WA WA - D.B. Cooper hijacking mystery, 24 Nov 1971 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
"There is no definite proof that Cooper actually did jump off that plane at altitude although there is ample evidence that he wanted everyone to think he had done just that so they wouldn't be looking for him at the destination airfield."

Cooper originally requested to go to Mexico City. When the pilot told him they didn't have the fuel and would have to stop then the "destination airfield" changed.

Ok, I read the entire first thread and feel that it is VERY Possible that Ted is Cooper. What I truly find amazing though, is how many suspects there have been. The fact that two of the stewardess's aboard the plane ID'd Ted is enough for me also.

Mr. mayfield, if you are Cooper, I hope your conscious is getting the best of you. If you are not, I apologize for my honest opinion.

I think this thread is going to "get hot" soon. There is a lot going on in the NORJAK world.

There is an article today:

http://www.cantonrep.com/life/x1768...ons-Did-D-B-Cooper-pull-off-the-perfect-crime

"....Actually, no one even knows who Dan “D.B.” Cooper was. Despite thousands of tips called in and tens of thousands of dollars spent investigating him, all that is known for sure is that Cooper smoked Raleigh cigarettes, knew a bit about aerodynamics and liked whiskey.

Which is fitting because every Nov. 24, residents of the nearby town of Ariel, Wash., gather at a local bar to celebrate “D.B. Cooper Day” and down a whiskey — or two — in homage to the average Joe who just might have committed the perfect crime...."

more at link

Hi all! :seeya:
I just saw a TV program last night - Brad Meltzer's Decoded" and they had an espisode about D.B. Cooper. I just read some of the older threads - and Sluggo's poll - I picked THIS guy that was discussed in the show. They believe it's a Ken... oh shoot - I forgot his last name... maybe Sluggo can give me a hint, since he/she has the picture!!

What do you all think? Did you watch last night's show:

You thinking about Kenny Christenson who was a Northwest Employee...After Highjacking he went on a spending spree.. I think I saw where he died with 167,000 dollars in the bank.. A hidden box was found right above his room sadly it was empty.. Plus money was said to been found in plastic bag while doing little bulldozing behind his home he bought about 3 months after the highjacking...

But appears all investigators got there own best suspect that brings the list up in the 2 dozen suspect's at this time..

Yes, WV!! :great: That's that name! He definitely is a 'good' suspect! Thanks for remembering the name - driving me crazy!

Glad to be of help to you..

Kenny Christenson all photo's I seen he even look's like the wanted poster's... Only thing missing is photos of him smoking Raleigh smokes and Bourbon to drink..

Got a photo of him dressed like D.B. Cooper with a big Money Sack that was took during that time period..

Quick strange side note... You know how Jack Daniels died???? He got so mad not being able to open his safe and hauled off and kicked it and infection set in to his foot and that what cause him to die...

Strange but True fact I read somewhere.. They said that was a true story..

I haven't a clue if this is even a possibility or not but turned it in earlier due to the ears and nose not to mention this man's reluctency to tell who he is. Long shot but hey, what the heck.

http://gawker.com/5824655/

Older picture of DB Cooper from a google search.

080327_db_cooper_pics.jpg

utahjohndoe.jpg

Check out how his left ear sticks out! The other is tucked sort of. His nose turns in the same direction in both pictures. Could be a Gawker fake out so don't get excited, only I will feel like the fool emailing Utah SO. lol Doesn't look like this unknown man has been living the highlife at all.

He actually looks like Harrison Ford in Six days, 7 nights...

Hi Dr. Know! Wow! There sure is a resemblence, isn't there? WS has a thread on this man here in the offbeat news forum. It sounds like a legit story.

Great Job on the map martin walkerdine!

wm

Wow. That sure looks like him...

Wonder if they have tried to connect the two cases at all. Or if they are just blowing off the possibility.

Here's the Daily Mail's tabloid-condensed version:

Is the mystery of DB Cooper about to be solved?

---
'We do actually have a new suspect we're looking at,' said FBI spokesman Ayn Dietrich as she revealed the twist in the investigation.

'It comes from a credible lead who came to our attention recently via a law enforcement colleague,' she said.
---
(the rest, with pictures, at link above)

Article in the Telegraph from Dr. Know?'s post above is brilliant though, and should be read.

Hi There, Fascinating, absolutely.

We had several threads on DB Cooper and a poster, Left Coast, and his friend had studied the case at length and come up with a possible suspect. Left Coast did pass on after making his mark on the case. Channel 6 {CBS} in Portland interviewed both him and his investigation cohort and it was so interesting, our eyes and ears were GLUED to the TV, listening to what they had to say.

I'm going to go read our old threads tonight. Tomorrow I'm going to call Channel 6 and refresh myself with their series on DB Cooper. I'd really love to talk to the Journo who wrote and MC'd the show to see how he feels any new info now might compare to the person who Left Coast believed was responsible.

He was an older guy who was involved with airplanes down in the Newberg/Amity, Oregon area. Maybe a flight instructor. So many things just fit together.

At the time Left Coast was posting here I did call the FBI in Portland who were handling the case. Of course they wouldn't tell me nada LOL, but did say they had studied everything our poster had written on the subject. I thought that was a good start !!!

BTW, Left Coast's friend did join here to let us know about his friend's passing. I don't know if he still belongs, but he might. I'm all recharged to see what we can learn .

I also have a next door neighbor who retired from the MCSO and worked on special cases w/ the FBI. Two of his cases were Tanya Harding and DB Cooper. I'll wait awhile before I call him. LOLOLOL

xox

I read the work done by Leftcoast and his partner who posted here for a long time, and has pased away.
They actually interviewed a guy who seemed good for it to me. They call him Ted.

They were writing or had finished a book about D.B. Cooper. Is this the book the new articles are referring to?

I would like to find a list of all living viable suspects in the case. When initials only are given, or people use nicknames, no one knows if the same person is being looked at by multiple sleuths or not.
Mostly, I hope " D. B. Cooper" is still alive, and will tell his story, possibly for a good plea deal. After all, he didn't kill his child, didn't kill or hrut anyone. ( I do feel for the plane's crew- I know at least one flight attendant has suffered emotionally). I know there was some economic impact.. But only one FBI agent was assigned to the case for many many years!!

Still and all, I think most of America would MOSTLY like to know who did it, how, and what happened to the money? If the hijacker lived well off the money, lost it during the jump, or planted that which was found?

Unless he committed other crimes which were violent in nature, I think he's probably a very old man now and it would not actually serve the ideals of justice to incarcerate him for the rest of his life, as long as he has been free.
The person who should have gone to jail, IMO, if what the two investigative writers posted is correct, wsa the FBI agent. He had to have been in on it, if their theory is correct.

Seattle Post-Intelligencer article, including 19 Cooper-related pics:

FBI checking 'our most promising' lead in D.B. Cooper case
---
Agents have also said they believe Cooper – who gained the initials D.B. after confusion in a United Press International newsroom – wasn't a mastermind. He didn't ask for large bills, so he was given mostly 20s, which made the total bundle heavier and harder to carry.

Cooper also didn't recognize that the "X" on the backup parachute he used meant it was only for classroom demonstrations -- and sewn shut. The main chute Cooper used was packaged as a Navy-issue NB6.

"He jumped with the parachute I packed," former Issaquah sky-diving instructor Earl Cossey told the Seattle Post-Intelligencer in March 2008. "But he obviously didn't know what he was doing."
---
(also with "a look at the evidence" video @ #19 of the pictures)

FBI "credible" lead in DB Cooper case

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/08/01/fbi-credible-lead-surfaces-in-db-cooper-case/?test=latestnews

SEATTLE – The FBI says it has a "credible" lead in the D.B. Cooper case involving the 1971 hijacking of a passenger jet over Washington state and the suspect's legendary parachute escape.
The fate and identity of the hijacker dubbed "D.B. Cooper" has remained a mystery in the 40 years since a man jumped from a Northwest Orient Airlines 727 flight with $200,000 in ransom.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/08/01/fbi-credible-lead-surfaces-in-db-cooper-case/#ixzz1TnMlL5zk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500