WA WA - Jeremiah Foco, 34, Seattle, 21 July 2015

Someone who is well-versed in software and computers would know how to mess with security cameras if said cameras were accessible via any network IPs.

I know that is a very "CSI" theory, but it was one of my first thoughts when I saw that the video conveniently went out in the same 15 minutes that he was at the bus station. I have friends who can hack into a lot of stuff....a bus station security camera, IF it's got any sort of web accessibility, probably isn't very secure. Just my two cents!

Hi, lifelong Seattleite here. Just thinking, I usually feel very safe in Seattle, but there are a couple of places in the ID that have scared me pretty badly. That is definitely one of the areas where you'll get the "crazy person on the bus" or the "panhandler who chases you down the street".

I know I'm late to the party, but has it been discussed if they've looked up his ORCA card yet? To see if he ever took the bus in the first place?

Hi, lifelong Seattleite here. Just thinking, I usually feel very safe in Seattle, but there are a couple of places in the ID that have scared me pretty badly. That is definitely one of the areas where you'll get the "crazy person on the bus" or the "panhandler who chases you down the street".

I know I'm late to the party, but has it been discussed if they've looked up his ORCA card yet? To see if he ever took the bus in the first place?

I live in Seattle and agree the ID is sketchy as well as the bus station he used, I've felt quite unsafe there. I really hope he just needed a time out and took off but from what friends and family are saying he wouldn't do that.

Orca card wasn't scanned that day.
Good Morning America picked up his story and ran it this morning.
His parents are leaving today and I believe his sister will be arriving on Tuesday.
Parents DNA has been taken, they are working to locate his dentist for dental records.

So he lived in the ID ? Any cameras at his building entrance ? Notice that LE is not saying foul play is suspected here. His phone last pinged someplace in Downtown the night after he was seen on that video ?

Someone who is well-versed in software and computers would know how to mess with security cameras if said cameras were accessible via any network IPs.

I know that is a very "CSI" theory, but it was one of my first thoughts when I saw that the video conveniently went out in the same 15 minutes that he was at the bus station. I have friends who can hack into a lot of stuff....a bus station security camera, IF it's got any sort of web accessibility, probably isn't very secure. Just my two cents!

I said the same thing!

Him being vague and possibly evasive with his sister re:visit home is pointing my hinky-meter to the 'voluntary' side. Couldn't being himself to out and out lie to her (being a decent person) so he just hemmed and hawed around without giving a date.

Is the ID in or near downtown?

South of downtown, west of I-5, roughly a mile from the Pike Place Market (using the market since most people who've been to Seattle are familiar with it).

Last confirmed sighting is 12:07 am Wednesday morning. The sighting later that morning at the bus station has not been confirmed and due to the fact his usual backpack does not match the backpack in the video, it is being called into question.
They did not see him leave his apartment prior to his return at 12:07 am. They did see him go out to retrieve something from his car at 10pm. So he left sometime after that.

I've updated the map with the 12:07am sighting https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zgw3lr64TOHk.k73FU0GEtiug&usp=sharing
I haven't removed the backpack sighting yet until it's confirmed one way or the other whether it was him.

Can anyone local give a description of the area where his phone last pinged please? Is it a good / bad area etc?

If the ping location is the cell phone icon on your map, then the area is where the term "skid row" originated. I guess that will tell you something right there. There's a local landmark building (the Smith Tower) and a number of government buildings (mostly court-related) . It's not a great area, but I wouldn't be concerned about walking through the area during the day (and I have, many times). But after dark? Not alone, no. That's strictly a personal opinion, others may have a higher comfort level in the area.

I know this is a long shot but is it possible he had an accident or was jumped and knocked in the head and is wandering around Seattle with amnesia?

Regarding the area he lives in, it can be very dangerous. This past May my nephew was walking just a block from Jeremiah’s apartment and was passing an alleyway when a man jumped out, pulled him into the alley and held a knife up to his throat. He took my nephew’s wallet and phone and then ran off. This was in the middle of the day. If Jeremiah was out alone after dark he could’ve encountered some trouble.

Judging by the area of the last ping & what you lovely helpful locals have said I'd personally be searching around there. Of course, his phone could have been lost/stolen anywhere & ended up there but it seems as good a place as any imo

Last confirmed sighting is 12:07 am Wednesday morning. The sighting later that morning at the bus station has not been confirmed and due to the fact his usual backpack does not match the backpack in the video, it is being called into question.
They did not see him leave his apartment prior to his return at 12:07 am. They did see him go out to retrieve something from his car at 10pm. So he left sometime after that.

May I ask where he was last seen at 12:07am ? Also, if the backpack in that video is not the one he usually uses, was the backpack he usually uses found in his apartment or car ? Tia to anyone who might know...

Judging by the area of the last ping & what you lovely helpful locals have said I'd personally be searching around there. Of course, his phone could have been lost/stolen anywhere & ended up there but it seems as good a place as any imo

I hate to be morbid but if something happened to him in that area and he is deceased, I can’t imagine that his body wouldn’t have been found by now, the area is very urban and densely populated. I think LE should head southwest of his apartment and check around the train tracks and what is considered the industrial part of Seattle.

May I ask where he was last seen at 12:07am ? Also, if the backpack in that video is not the one he usually uses, was the backpack he usually uses found in his apartment or car ? Tia to anyone who might know...

He was last seen coming into his apartment building at 12:07.
His usual backpack has not been located.
From what I understand the last cellphone ping was just "downtown Seattle" with no specific street indicated.

He was last seen coming into his apartment building at 12:07.
His usual backpack has not been located.
From what I understand the last cellphone ping was just "downtown Seattle" with no specific street indicated.

Was he seen by video or person entering the builoding? By the exact time, it would seem it is video. So, my question would be- is there a way out that doesn't have video? If he exited a way he doesn't usually go- a way that doesnt have video- then certainly he or someone had a planned stealthy exit.

Thank you so much for all of the info, and I truly hope that "J" is found very soon. He seems to be such a kind soul. I have been following the case for a few days and have a couple of questions:

1. I understand that there is a parking garage in the basement of the building where Jeremiah lives. Is that where he usually parks his car, and is that where he was caught on camera (I believe that he was caught on camera, rather than to have been seen by a witness) at 12:07 early Wednesday morning? Or, was he caught on camera actually inside the building (or inside an elevator even) where he lives?

2. If I remember correctly, his ORCA card was last used Tuesday afternoon. Does anyone know what the purposes of his trip was (he was working from home that day, correct)?

Hoping for the very best!!

He was seen entering the building on video at 12:07 I'm not sure where he entered from. There are several exits in the building. Only one does not have camera surveillance. That exit would be covered by camera surveillance from the Wells Fargo building but a subpoena is required to view their video.
His Orca card was last used Monday evening for his trip home from work in Bellevue. It was not used on Tuesday, he was working from home that day.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea
Back