GUILTY WA - Jeremy Scully, 38, Bellingham, 24 April 2008

What BS, I can't believe they plead him down to 23 years. It's not doing the right thing to plead guilty if it means you get an extremely reduced sentence.

He also saved both families and the county from an expensive and painful trial. Yes, it got him a better deal, but that wasn't the reason he did it. My grandfather and grandmother are very old and not in good health. A trial would have killed them and he is fully aware of that. He did was was best for his family... he's still going to spend a good portion of his life behind bars and when he comes out... his family and everyone else involved including his son will not forget what he has done. If he has any family left by then...

Sentencing today:
http://www.nwcn.com/news/washington/Swinger-killer-sentenced-to-23-years-101654118.html

Family of both Skully and McBride were in the courtroom as the sentence was handed down.
"Jeremy is gone from our lives. We will never again feel his hug," says Skully's mother. A court order was in place to protect her identity.
"I can't forgive you," she said directly to McBride.
Harsher words came from Skully's sister.
"I feel sorry for your parents, knowing they gave birth to a murderer," she said, then addressed the judge. "Please give the maximum sentence, because if he gets out, he may kill again."
McBride told the judge he had prepared something to say, but changed his mind after hearing from the Skully family.
The Skagit County judge said in his 16 years on the bench, he had never presided over such a sad case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back