Identified! WA - Kittitas Co., Female remains near golf course, Sep'10 - Kerry May Hardy

Could be a wedding band. Hmmm. I remember seeing a doenetwork page with a married lady from Washington, with a mouthful of mostly straight teeth she was showing off proudly as if she'd been willing to put a lot of work into her smile. I'll go find it.

Ah. Here it is.

Marcia Lynn Joyce
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1490dfwa.html
Missing since August 30, 1978 from Bellingham, Whatcom County, Washington.
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics

* Date Of Birth: June 27, 1950
* Age at Time of Disappearance: 28 years old
* Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'4"; 110 lbs.
* Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Blue eyes; blonde to light brown hair.
* Nickname: Marci
* Dentals: Available

Down the lower end of the height range for this doe, more or less around the middle of the age range and her disappearance is more or less around the middle of the range of possible dates of death. Married so likely to have worn a plain gold band. "fairly straight teeth" and in pictures she looks like she values her smile.

Doenetwork says dentals are available for her. I wonder whether they are in the system?

Reasypeasy, I think you should call that one into the tip line. Most likely they're already aware of it, but we've read dozens of cases where a body was found not far away and went unidentified for years.

I'm in Australia and I don't even know what the tip-line number is or where to find it. If someone in the USA wanted to call it in I'd be very happy.

I think the depth of the grave indicates a certain amount of practicality on behalf of the person who buried her. 18 to 24 inches is starting to go from being an easily disturbed and not so discreet surface grave to one that is unlikely to be disturbed or be smelled.

I'm in Australia and I don't even know what the tip-line number is or where to find it. If someone in the USA wanted to call it in I'd be very happy.

I think the depth of the grave indicates a certain amount of practicality on behalf of the person who buried her. 18 to 24 inches is starting to go from being an easily disturbed and not so discreet surface grave to one that is unlikely to be disturbed or be smelled.

Ah, I didn't realize you weren't in the US. Sorry about that.

I'll see if I can contact them after the holiday -- if somebody else has time before that, feel free.

any updates?

I've been keeping my eye out for news on this and a few others, but nothing in the last month.

Supposedly, they're working on a facial reconstruction. But nothing yet.

Here's an update:

They completed a facial reconstruction last Thursday, and will be releasing it soon.

http://dailyrecordnews.com/news/article_eae710a0-0f86-11e0-9683-001cc4c002e0.html

They also repeat that the woman most likely died between the 1960's and early 1990's

I think they should look at where Ted Bundy's other victims were dumped in Washington State....and include that era's missing women from Idaho and Utah.

There's too many probably-connected cases, and we know Ted did lots of travelling along that interstate.

ReasyPeasy: Could be a wedding band. Hmmm. I remember seeing a doenetwork page with a married lady from Washington, with a mouthful of mostly straight teeth she was showing off proudly as if she'd been willing to put a lot of work into her smile. I'll go find it.

She lived about 3 hours away from the location of the body. I would say its a good possibility.

I am curious about the clothing found. Have any of you been able to find more information, other than the clothes were blue and found by a backhoe operator?

Other than the possibility that it was just a tiny scrap, why would LE choose to release info about a fairly generic gold wedding band, but not clothing that might be much more specific indicator of the victim's circumstances? (Year, social status, area of origin, etc...)

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed mentioned Misty Donna Copsey.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/c/copsey_misty.html

Only 14 but 5'8" - 5'9" and 105-120 lbs
Missing since 9/17/1992
Wearing navy blue sweatshirt, baggy light blue jeans with stitching, and a gold ring.
She had three fillings and a root canal.
Only thing that's off is the location, she was last seen in Puyallup, which is about 100 miles from where the remains were found.

Just putting it out there, looking forward to seeing the reconstruction. Hopefully it will provide some answers about this lady, and allow her family a bit of peace by bringing her home to rest.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it is Misty Copsey! I grew up in Puyallup and know the area well. I have always wondered what has happened to her, and her case was very mishandled.

Her story can be read here.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it is Misty Copsey! I grew up in Puyallup and know the area well. I have always wondered what has happened to her, and her case was very mishandled.

Her story can be read here.

I'd think, by now, all the "known" cases wouuld have been eliminated -- or there'd have been a DNA match.

In the case of the Cle Elum remains, there's always the chance it's someone who was never reported missing.

They found Misty's jeans, I believe. So if the UID was found with jeans on, it seems unlikely (although certainly not impossible) that it would be her.

I've been checking every day, and it doesn't appear that they've released it yet.

Dang. Where do you check? I check this thread every day, hoping to see the facial reconstruction has finally been released. :-/

Dang. Where do you check? I check this thread every day, hoping to see the facial reconstruction has finally been released. :-/

I google "Cle Elum Suncadia Facial Reconstruction" and "Cle Elum Skeletal Remains", and always find the same old articles.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back