WA - Kristy Price-Alvarez for child endangerment, Centralia, 2010

I guess sometimes CPS gets it right!!!When I saw the clip that is unfit for anyone but esp children.I can just imagine what the inside of the fridge is like, and the inside of that oven.Living with flies,and I am sure there are smells that aren't pleasant.How could the children even have a playmate over?She seriously needs help with her problems.Where is the father or fathers of the 7 kids? Thank God she got so drunk she thought she was mugged, and Thank God LE checked on the kids.

http://www.kirotv.com/slideshow/news/22780171/detail.html

This is picture #6 in the slideshow in the original post.

Could someone please tell me what it is? It would appear to be kitchen-related because of the coffee jar and the other jar, but what the jars are on and what the hole is escapes me.

That is a disgusting stove top with the electric ring pull out and the silver band around it gone.Those poor kids.:furious:where you put the pot on.Took me a while to figure it out.

That is a disgusting stove top with the electric ring pull out and the silver band around it.Those poor kids.:furious:where you put the pot on.Took me a while to figure it out.

OMG! Now I see that is the open salt container next to it. Funny, someone mentioned the condition of the toilet ... and that's all I could think of ... and that doesn't look like anything to do with any toilet I've ever seen, but, on the other hand, it doesn't look anything like any stove I've ever seen, either... That's really bad.

Glad that she had electric, and not GAS!!!!

Link dated March 8th, would have been the day after the kids were removed. http://www.kirotv.com/news/22780373/detail.html the neighbor comments mom "was doing good a month ago and just kind of went on a rampage" Check the first comment saying the kids have been removed previously.
Comments from the other posted threads claim prior CPS involvement. The Chron link says her mom died a week before, this was dated March 12, so if she died March 5, it would have been 2 days between her passing and the kids being removed. There is no mention that Kristy's mom lived in the same home, or that Kristy was involved in her final days. There is no way Kristy was knocked unconscious from 2am to 7am to come to without any evidence of injury, still intoxicated. She would have been hospitalized, any head injury (or OD, alcohol or drug) causing 5 hours of unconsciouness buys you an ICU bed.Kristy appears to be known to police, is noted to use drugs (and the marks on mom's face and neck are making me wonder, some people pick when they're high JMO). If the comments about previous CPS involvement are true, and that Kristy has had access to help from officials and family, but chose otherwise, then nope, no pass here. Again JMO, but if it walks like a duck and it quacks like a duck.......

I used to work with teen mothers and one girl had 2 little ones and could not do laundry. Her house looked like this one. Instead of washing the clothes she would just get more clothes from a charity. I helped her do the laundry and it took all day at a laundramat using many large capacity washers. I even fostered her children for a while so she could get her act together but last I heard she still lost her kids.

This reminded me of when my Dad was in the hospital for 6 weeks.
My mom stayed at the hospital with him never leaving. One day
at the end of the first week, my brothers came up to the hospital
and said Mom the laundry keeps growing. We had to go buy new
underwear. They were in their 20's.

Link dated March 8th, would have been the day after the kids were removed. http://www.kirotv.com/news/22780373/detail.html the neighbor comments mom "was doing good a month ago and just kind of went on a rampage" Check the first comment saying the kids have been removed previously.
Comments from the other posted threads claim prior CPS involvement. The Chron link says her mom died a week before, this was dated March 12, so if she died March 5, it would have been 2 days between her passing and the kids being removed. There is no mention that Kristy's mom lived in the same home, or that Kristy was involved in her final days. There is no way Kristy was knocked unconscious from 2am to 7am to come to without any evidence of injury, still intoxicated. She would have been hospitalized, any head injury (or OD, alcohol or drug) causing 5 hours of unconsciouness buys you an ICU bed.Kristy appears to be known to police, is noted to use drugs (and the marks on mom's face and neck are making me wonder, some people pick when they're high JMO). If the comments about previous CPS involvement are true, and that Kristy has had access to help from officials and family, but chose otherwise, then nope, no pass here. Again JMO, but if it walks like a duck and it quacks like a duck.......

ITA! after I read this CPS should never let her near her kids.IMO She pops out 7 kids for a nice fat monthly payout from the state,Food stamps for a family of 8 around $800.00 per month,probably section 8 paying rent.I wonder how much she spends on her kids, or trades for drugs,liquor,cigs.I truly believe that sometimes people need help and they should be helped for the children s sake.The way it seems though is Some pop kids out so they do not have to work and the help goes more for their habits then the children.I am very glad they were taken before one was hurt or dead.What if there was a fire, with all that stuff they would never get out.:furious:Welfare was suppose to be to help a family short term, some make having babies they neglect a Career.JMO:waitasec:

I am curious as to why her supportive family did not step in. I suspect she is a hoarder and perhaps it was a learned behavior. I am curious as to how they rest of her families live, meaning, her home looked normal to them. Were she my sister or friend I am pretty sure I would have tried to help her fix this.

OMG! Now I see that is the open salt container next to it. Funny, someone mentioned the condition of the toilet ... and that's all I could think of ... and that doesn't look like anything to do with any toilet I've ever seen, but, on the other hand, it doesn't look anything like any stove I've ever seen, either... That's really bad.

Glad that she had electric, and not GAS!!!!

Too funny! Sadly I have seen stoves like this though. I know someone with no kids who's house looks worse. I once got paid to clean a friends moms house and I found a dead mouse stuck to the carpet that someone had tossed a newspaper over so they didnt have to move it. The newspaper stuck to the mouse corpse and the carpet. It was sooo gross.. I guessed the poor mouse got stuck in the trash piles and couldnt find his way out..I didnt finish the house. That mouse is most likely still there. I did get paid because I took out 6 bags of trash from the room before I got to the layer where mickey rested. It was not worth it AT ALL. I dont agree to clean messes up without seeing them now.

http://www.kirotv.com/slideshow/news/22780171/detail.html

This is picture #6 in the slideshow in the original post.

Could someone please tell me what it is? It would appear to be kitchen-related because of the coffee jar and the other jar, but what the jars are on and what the hole is escapes me.

That is a disgusting stove top with the electric ring pull out and. the silver band around it gone.Those poor kids.:furious:where you put the on.Took me a while to figure it out.

See, to me it looks like a coffee jar, a jar of hippopotamus something, and a cup filled with poop.

ETA: hold on - it's not a cup. is that hole where the element on a stove should be? and there's all that carp in it that really looks like..well - carp? I think I'm going to barf

See, to me it looks like a coffee jar, a jar of hippopotamus something, and a cup filled with poop.

Coffee and poo are both staples in our kitchen. I have to be honest with you all. I didn't see the pictures and I believe I made the right decision. i stopped after like 2 of them.

Ok, I give up. I am looking at the pics. Ok the laundry room she gets a pass on becasue with 8 people that could be anywhere from 3 days to weeks worth of laundry. I honestly see more horading than filth. Where is this toilet pic at?

Ok, I give up. I am looking at the pics. Ok the laundry room she gets a pass on becasue with 8 people that could be anywhere from 3 days to weeks worth of laundry. I honestly see more horading than filth. Where is this toilet pic at?

#6. There's some pieces of something in there, too. amongst the stuff that looks like diarrhea

Out of all the filth in those photos, the one that got me was the one of the back of the sink, behind faucet. Actually had a clairvoyant moment there, and could see someone just sloppin gthat stuff out of the drain and onto the back of the sink.

My mother hoarded, I grew up in a house like that. You wouldn't believe the scars that can be left by just simple dirt. I can hope that the mother will get some help, and be able to be something for her kids, but I don't know. CPS got tired of fighting on my behalf, and just sent me home. The house looked the same when i came back form foster care as it did when I was removed. It might even have gotten worse, so I don't have a whole lot of faith that CPS can follow through any better on this case.

Out of all the filth in those photos, the one that got me was the one of the back of the sink, behind faucet. Actually had a clairvoyant moment there, and could see someone just sloppin gthat stuff out of the drain and onto the back of the sink.

My mother hoarded, I grew up in a house like that. You wouldn't believe the scars that can be left by just simple dirt. I can hope that the mother will get some help, and be able to be something for her kids, but I don't know. CPS got tired of fighting on my behalf, and just sent me home. The house looked the same when i came back form foster care as it did when I was removed. It might even have gotten worse, so I don't have a whole lot of faith that CPS can follow through any better on this case.
I am curious though, how did your extend family react to your home? Was it normal in your family? I just wonder if it is a learned behavior.

I am curious though, how did your extend family react to your home? Was it normal in your family? I just wonder if it is a learned behavior.

Family and friends were not allowed in. Nobody was, so nobody knew.

ETA: Although with all the newspaper comments on this one, it doesn't seem like no one knew about this one.

Sorry for the double post, but I wonder if she had her water shut off recently.

I see a lot of jugs and jars and gallon containers. I guess if you don't clean or flush the toilet, there's no need to pay the water bill...

I grew up with a mother who hoarded as well. Parts of our home looked like the rooms you see in those 'hoarder' programs. It's not just living in dirt for the children. You have to pick the 'least' dirty of the dirty clothes to wear to school, you're ashamed of the home and depressed to go home to it. You can try to clean, but as a kid it's like emptying the ocean with a spoon - and the hoarder resists any clean-up attempt.

It's a symptom of neglect as well - you can't have a home like that and tell me that most of the other needs of the children are being met. The parent (s) have taken their hands off the wheel.

Was your father around? Did your mom have a man in her life period? i am sorry for being so nosey, I have watched the Hoarders shows but I just don't understand it.
ETA, I didn't see your post Lexi, so I guess if either of you feel like answering me being nosey you both can feel free to.

Family and friends were not allowed in. Nobody was, so nobody knew.

ETA: Although with all the newspaper comments on this one, it doesn't seem like no one knew about this one.

In my case certain rooms, such as the living room, were relatively 'clean'. Whenever we had extended family members over (on rare occasions) all the carp would be shifted upstairs and downstairs, and only the main floor would be used for company.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox
Back