WA - Kristy Price-Alvarez for child endangerment, Centralia, 2010

http://www.kirotv.com/video/22828169/index.html

If you watch this video of the mother speaking out, there is a very clear shot of what the toilet looks like, it is at the 1:28 mark after the advertisement.

After hearing about the bar hopping and drugs I no longer feel she just needs some help. The children are whats important here and they are the ones who need the help and I hope they're getting it.
I'm thinking she was off bar hopping because it was about time for her to get pregnant again since the youngest was almost a year old.

VB

Thanks VB. I watched the video and she has an odd voice. Is it possible she has some sort of brain damage? Maybe, aside from mental illness, she has something else wrong?

Was your father around? Did your mom have a man in her life period? i am sorry for being so nosey, I have watched the Hoarders shows but I just don't understand it.
ETA, I didn't see your post Lexi, so I guess if either of you feel like answering me being nosey you both can feel free to.

Yup, my dad was around, but kind of blind to what was going on. Whenever he (or anyone else) would try to clear something out, my mom would throw a fit. I just gave up and moved out as soon as I could.

I finally made an annonymous call to the fire dept because the basement where the furnace is was a fire trap. They were given notice to clean it, and it was like a wake-up call for my dad.

I cleaned out the rest of the home after my mom was diagnosed with Parkinson's with dementia and had her first fall. That was the only way I had leverage to clean it out. (I have power of attorney). It was theraputic. And hard on the back.

Wow, so basically a family is all victim and held under siege, so to speak, by one persons problem.

so she was out bar hopping while leaving the kids in a pig sty.

Pretty much. Who goes to a bar, gets totally drunk, doesn't remember the name of the babysitter, and leaves your 7 kids to DRINK? In all my 12 years as a parent, I have never done such a thing, nor would I consider it.

The only time I left my son was with my grandparents in the UK, while me and DH went on a belated honeymoon to Paris -- the town that never sleeps. We stayed up late, drank lovely wine, and enjoyed the city. My son was in capable hands with his family and not living in filth.

I think she might have some kind of mental disorder.....

Mel

Wow, so basically a family is all victim and held under siege, so to speak, by one persons problem.

Yes. It must be what it's like to live with anyone that has an addiction. I personally have never understood it, and I lived it. To me, it's easier to live in a clean home where everything has it's place. Living in a dirty, disorganized home is exhausting.

http://www.kirotv.com/video/22828169/index.html

If you watch this video of the mother speaking out, there is a very clear shot of what the toilet looks like, it is at the 1:28 mark after the advertisement.

After hearing about the bar hopping and drugs I no longer feel she just needs some help. The children are whats important here and they are the ones who need the help and I hope they're getting it.
I'm thinking she was off bar hopping because it was about time for her to get pregnant again since the youngest was almost a year old.

VB

Oh what a thought! I can't figure out if she's hearing impaired, or mentaly disabled. She sounds somewhat like my step-sister who has the mentality of a 12 year old (though she's in her 30's). Where are the baby-daddy's? My step sister needs constant watching, but can do laundry (not cook). IMHO this woman doesn't need 7 children :(

Mel

2sisters-
No, my father was not around. He went to prison for child molestation when I was 5, and she got worse after that.
She did later marry the man I call my dad, but he was a long haul trucker and she always convinced him that it was different things from the last time. He didn't argue, he couldn't stand the fights. He didn't really have to live in it, and they divorced after three years.

My grandmother lived in the home. She had no say so in anything, and was really too sick to fight my mother either. After she died, the entire house went to heck. Until she died, the kitchen, two bedrooms and the living room were moderately clean. Afterwards, there was a one foot wide path through every room of the house with stuff stacked to the ceiling on either side.

I got out when I was 15. Just literally ran, in the middle of the night and thanks to the best attorney on the face of the planet, gained full court issued emancipation the day after my 17th birthday.

2sisters-
No, my father was not around. He went to prison for child molestation when I was 5, and she got worse after that.
She did later marry the man I call my dad, but he was a long haul trucker and she always convinced him that it was different things from the last time. He didn't argue, he couldn't stand the fights. He didn't really have to live in it, and they divorced after three years.

My grandmother lived in the home. She had no say so in anything, and was really too sick to fight my mother either. After she died, the entire house went to heck. Until she died, the kitchen, two bedrooms and the living room were moderately clean. Afterwards, there was a one foot wide path through every room of the house with stuff stacked to the ceiling on either side.

I got out when I was 15. Just literally ran, in the middle of the night and thanks to the best attorney on the face of the planet, gained full court issued emancipation the day after my 17th birthday.

good for you nmk.

wish i'd had the guts to do the same

Geez. I must be a super woman then. We have 11 people living in my home ( yes 11~ My DH, Me, Our 6 children one that is severely handicap, My brother his girl friend and their baby Oh and our two dogs and a turtle) and IT NEVER LOOKS LIKE THAT.

I can understand a house getting messy if there are seven kids and a cancer patient to care for, but when you're in over your head I think there comes a point where responsible parents reach out and ask for outside help cleaning up the place and teach their kids to help out if they're old enough. If you have to have the CPS point it out for you that the mess in your house is not safe and healthy for your children then it's a pretty fair bet that your parenting might have other problems too.

August 2014:

March 2010:

A Centralia woman has been arrested on suspicion of criminal mistreatment after her seven children were removed from her home by Child Protective Services in March, according to Centralia Police Sgt. Chris Fitzgerald.

http://m.chronline.com/news/central...ba4-4402-11df-b169-001cc4c002e0.html?mode=jqm

2014:

Kristy Ann Price-Alvarez, 34, Centralia, possession of a controlled substance, methamphetamine, sentenced to 24 months community custody, fined $2,000, $1,900 in fees.

http://m.chronline.com/crime/lewis-...1c4-1cd5-11e4-b1c9-001a4bcf887a.html?mode=jqm

2015:

• Kristy A. Price, 35, Centralia, resisting arrest, sentenced to 90 days in jail with 88 suspended, fined $400 with $200 suspended, $250 in fees

http://m.chronline.com/records/cour...076-1702-11e5-a44d-5b11f503bb4d.html?mode=jqm

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea
Back