WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
[

Lemme repeat this...the witness who sent Josh home because the two were fighting is the same witness who saw Lindsey last? Have they done a poly on this witness? I know it is a small town, but.... Need to cover all bases!

Hi Kimster,

I would clarify your sentence to say ' . . who first stated she saw her walking on Maple St about 9:15."

There was a second witness who came forward days later who also saw her there. xox

I sure wish we could get a name for this woman!! KK said on the other site she didn't know the woman. I wonder how well she knew MB? I bet she didn't know her that well. Just because the kids hung out does not mean the parents really knew each other. It amazes me that I have had kids come over to stay with my daughter and have never met the parents ust talked to the mom on the phone once. Some people are just to trusting.
You hit that nail on the head. Some are too trusting when it comes to allowing their children to go to other homes without checking out the other people in those homes.

Scandi brought this up more than once that the person may have sent the brother home to open it up to the possibility that it would put Lindsey alone on her walk home. However, the person couldn't know about the conversation about spending the night and K could have returned with her. I guess if the person was laying in wait for Lindsey...it wouldn't have mattered tho. If K was allowed to return with her...the person could have either taken them both or called off the abduction.

Hi Not_my_kids, I'm glad he said it as it got me thinkin'! lol

I got a post response from KaraK at SM last night which I really appreciated.

She said SS to, as far as she knows they live somewhere in the area of 5th or 6th on Simpson St on Kara's side which means it is a hop skip and a jump from Maple. She is going to see what she can find out today.

That means this 1st witness lived pretty close to KK's home, within a few blocks, that is if KaraK finds out anything today to confirm that.

Talking here about the person who first saw Lindsay walking back home on Maple, now also confirmed as the same person who had sent Josh home 1/2 hr earlier from behind the Shell gas station on the other side of 3rd st.

So it could well be that Lindsay got to 6th, seen by both MK and the 1st witness, and did take an alternate route by turning right on 6th. That is why I believe so much time was spent searching JM's property and the creek area with field adjoining it.

What that boils down to I am not sure yet. xox

Bold by me

May I ask who confirmed that the person who sent Josh home is the same person who reported seeing Lindsey! TIA

I don't know how many of you live in small communities, but I live in one about like this one. Allowing my 10 year old to walk that distance at that time of night wouldn't be a big deal to me! We know everyone and everyone knows us. And no, it doesn't get dark until very very late here - and WA is further north so it gets dark even later.

This just chills me to the bone!!!

snipped:
I sure wish we could get a name for this woman!! KK said on the other site she didn't know the woman.

I wish we could get a name, too!!! It seems to me that even if KaraK doesn't/didn't really know her, she could at least get her name....Surely her name must be circulating around the town of McCleary. MOO.

Do any of you think that someone -- either LE or even Kara -- is protecting her identity? And, if so, why?

TIA.

You hit that nail on the head. Some are too trusting when it comes to allowing their children to go to other homes without checking out the other people in those homes.

Scandi brought this up more than once that the person may have sent the brother home to open it up to the possibility that it would put Lindsey alone on her walk home. However, the person couldn't know about the conversation about spending the night and K could have returned with her. I guess if the person was laying in wait for Lindsey...it wouldn't have mattered tho. If K was allowed to return with her...the person could have either taken them both or called off the abduction.

Hi SSl, ITA with your idea that if the girls had been walking back to Lindsey's house together he would have either taken them both or called off the abduction.

I think this guy {as per Astro thread} had been looking Lindsey over and wanted to get her alone. Then on that Fri nite the opportunity presented itself and since they had met or knew each other, offered her a ride home and she willingly got into his car.

One more note is that on SM KaraK said the girls decided on their walk to Kara's house what they were going to ask as far as spending the night. It was like they decided mid walk to see if she could spend the night again at Lindsey's. So no one would know of their plan ahead of time and forsee Lindsey would be walking home alone.

I think if this witness' driveway was on 6th, off Simpson, she could have easily seen Lindsey enter the intersection of 6th and Maple as she backed out of her driveway to set off to work. We haven't heard she was driving on Maple, only that she spotted her there.

It comes back to Lindsay could have taken a right on 6th as the dogs said she did acc to KaraK {not confirmed but possible} and she wouldn't have to walk far to be in sight of the Mullins home. That could have been an opportunity. Just a possibility.

I still think it is so odd for the 1st witness to have also sighted Lindsey 1/2 hour before her walk back home. Seeing her twice right before she disappeared is a big red flag to me. xox

All supposition at thie point!

It was KaraK at SM, MK's mom.

It was in a news release and never said it was the same person. How does she know? If I'm going to change my time-line, it has to be based on something. It was in the paper many times and never said the two were the same. Correct me if I'm wrong, but once Josh was sent home, Lindsey and Kayla continued to walk to mom's house - right? They were together. How would anyone know Lindsey was not staying the night and would be coming back home by herself. TIA

snipped:

I wish we could get a name, too!!! It seems to me that even if KaraK doesn't/didn't really know her, she could at least get her name....Surely her name must be circulating around the town of McCleary. MOO.

Do any of you think that someone -- either LE or even Kara -- is protecting her identity? And, if so, why?

TIA.

Hi Track, I would think we'd have to have some specific reason to think that or it would be a big speculation on our part.

What I now think might be good to know is who the 4 men were at Kara's house that evening when Lindsey was there. They knew she was walking home alone and that could create an opportunity. I don't expect she would tell us that as it might compromise the investigation or expose 4 men who had nothing to do with her disappearance.

I'd love to drive up forthe weekend and just belly up to the bar and listen to what everyone is saying! Often where there is smoke there is fire. LOL

Since I heard Lindsey was tracked up to the water tower I wonder about that too. Where did that come from? Although the psychics and astrologers feel she was taken into someone's home, the water tower would be a perfect place to take a young girl at night time if you were up to no good, eh? I think it isd just RUMOR at this point tho.

If the witness does indeed live on Simpson between 5th and 6th, that's the 300 block I believe.

If this person had run up to Shell to get gas and saw LB and JB fighting and sent JB home... and then made her way back to her house on Simpson, parked in front of her house facing west, then it would seem logical (to me) that she'd later drive west to 6th, turn left, drive 1 block to Maple, Turn left (see Lindsey right here) and head out to 3rd to get out of town...

It was in a news release and never said it was the same person. How does she know? If I'm going to change my time-line, it has to be based on something. It was in the paper many times and never said the two were the same. Correct me if I'm wrong, but once Josh was sent home, Lindsey and Kayla continued to walk to mom's house - right? They were together. How would anyone know Lindsey was not staying the night and would be coming back home by herself. TIA

true - but, i dont know how anyone would now anything, staying over or walking back...either way i think if someone was watching her they would have figured out from following her around and waiting for her to appear and then following her to the next place....:confused:

I'd love to drive up forthe weekend and just belly up to the bar and listen to what everyone is saying!

ITA!

I am curious where it was determined that there were 4 men at KK's house that night? That's a HUGE piece of information imo! I completely missed that one!
That changes everything for me!

ITA!

I am curious where it was determined that there were 4 men at KK's house that night? That's a HUGE piece of information imo! I completely missed that one!
That changes everything for me!

I heard she said 'four kids' - hers. Now if it's 4 men, that sure does change everything. Who were the men? If she knows who called the police and that
the same person who sent Josh home was the same person who saw Lindsey walking home, certainly she would know the name of the 4 men in her home when Lindsey arrived. TIA

Hi, I think she might be careful in what she says as she is in the spotlight, being one of the last people to see Lindsey alive. Also she must know that LE is reading all her posts at SM as I think the tip line had several calls about that. She has been questioned by LE and knows allot more than we do. It is an assumption on my part, but adding that up I think she has heard this is the same lady for both sightings.

I wouldn't change a time line over it though. On an assumption I would rate it an 8 out of 10 where 10 is absolute confirmation. LOL

Real quick, there have been "rumors" of Lindsey sightings for the past week. I have not heard any confirmed reports though.
Like I said the Fourth of July--Lindsey was the talk of our family/friends gathering. I heard a lot of "rumors" that day. When asked if anyone could confirm where they heard the info I got various answers. Things like "Oh, i heard it from my neighbor whose brothers ex girlfriend knows a guy who works near McCleary" Or another girls said she heard a bunch of bullsh** from a detective. The detective was supposedly discussing the case standing in line at McDonalds. I also heard somewhere else (can't remember where) that the cops got a tip that Lindsey was seen in Costco wearing a bathing suit or something.
I don't believe any "rumors" I hear.

Thank you for pointing this out!! I was going to come in and do the same thing first thing. LE has never said the same person sent Josh home as saw Lindsey on her way home. In fact, their releases have referred to the person who saw her as "another witness." I'll go look for a link.

Hi, I think she might be careful in what she says as she is in the spotlight, being one of the last people to see Lindsey alive. Also she must know that LE is reading all her posts at SM as I think the tip line had several calls about that. She has been questioned by LE and knows allot more than we do. It is an assumption on my part, but adding that up I think she has heard this is the same lady for both sightings.

I wouldn't change a time line over it though. On an assumption I would rate it an 8 out of 10 where 10 is absolute confirmation. LOL

Hi there Scandi - I think the info she knows is from her daughter who was with Lindsey all day, including the walk over to her home. I doubt the police would give her any info about the case - maybe info that conflicts with what they put out in the paper because it seems most everything she is saying conflicts with what the police has said. Very confusing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname