WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone needs to check into the collection situation. Perhaps they need a responsible community leader to step in to manage those funds and set up a bank account for donations to her family. Perhaps a call to the Chamber Of Commerce could be helpful in this area and for raising money for a reward.

Maybe the man was really trying to do something nice for the family, but when there is no accountability...who knows? People do often take advantage of a situation when a child is missing, sad to say.

I didn't mean to imply the man was being dishonest.
There is a bank account already set up for the family at Timberland Bank. It was done within a week of Lindsey's disappearance. There are also collection jars at every store and gas station and people selling cupcakes along the roadside. At the vigil, when we got to Lindsey's home, we were all asked to give money then as well. Add that to the man pushing for collections at the Bear Festival and it is a bit much. It is starting to feel like harrassment which wouldn't be so bad if it was for something specific, like a reward instead of just an ambiguous request for help to pay bills. I do not mean to sound heartless or uncaring, but we can't be expected to keep paying the family's bills until Lindsey is found.

I didn't mean to imply the man was being dishonest.
There is a bank account already set up for the family at Timberland Bank. It was done within a week of Lindsey's disappearance. There are also collection jars at every store and gas station and people selling cupcakes along the roadside. At the vigil, when we got to Lindsey's home, we were all asked to give money then as well. Add that to the man pushing for collections at the Bear Festival and it is a bit much. It is starting to feel like harrassment which wouldn't be so bad if it was for something specific, like a reward instead of just an ambiguous request for help to pay bills. I do not mean to sound heartless or uncaring, but we can't be expected to keep paying the family's bills until Lindsey is found.
I am glad there is one already in place for the family at a bank. (I probably read that and forgot.)

I know you didn't imply it, but I was making a statement that we know it does happen in these cases. Hopefully, this man was doing his best to really help the family and the funds collected did go to them.

Funds can be collected and distributed to help the family pay bills etc. if there is a need and if it is done with the knowledge the funds are going for that purpose. I personally don't have a problem with helping out people in need during such a time of crisis. Working would be the last thing on my mind with my child missing, but the bills still need to be paid. I do hope people are helping her mother in any way they can to ease her worry about finances right now.

Is there a Crimestopper type thing in that area? They usually offer a small reward. Money collected in the stores etc. usually are not used for rewards. It comes from private individuals, local businesses, and other places who can afford to offer substantial money instead of pocket change.

Thank you so much for that post not my kids ~

Has "Forks" been discussed at all in relation to the reader comment that was left on one of the newspaper article sites. The one that said "maybe they should look up in Forks"?

I have an obit here that ties a FL to the Forks area. How strange.

I have no clue what can be posted and what can't, what I can bring up and what I can't.

Hiya Haddie, welcome to WS. You may post an obit (it's public record), just please be sure to include a link to where you found it.

TIA.

But Now that I know it was still relatively light at that hour it seems even odder (is that a word?) that she disappeared without being seen by anyone since it would not have been uncommon for folks to be outdoors at this hour.

wm

Exactly!

I hope odder is a word cause I use it as one :)

Exactly!

I hope odder is a word cause I use it as one :)

You're going to have us all laughin' Redtailhawk
gathering.gif

I think the correct English is 'more odd', but we understand you just fine ;}

I still think it's crazy that a 10 yr old child, walking on a residential street (supposedly), vanished without a single person living on those streets...seeing her. The only people or person to see her were witnesses and stated she was more than half way home. I find it very strange. Either LB went a "back way" into someones home or performed magic and just disappeared. I can't believe that no one saw her taken straight off of a street. If she was taken that way, that perp had some balls for doing so... right in front of homes.

Hmmm...now if the perp was female...would she have to have big brass *advertiser censored* instead?! :confused: Just sayin...

Is there a Crimestopper type thing in that area? They usually offer a small reward. Money collected in the stores etc. usually are not used for rewards. It comes from private individuals, local businesses, and other places who can afford to offer substantial money instead of pocket change.

Respectfully snipped.

There is the Crimestoppers of Washington. http://www.crimestoppers.com/

There is also Washington's Most Wanted, a spinoff of America's Most Wanted. I wonder if they would be willing to show Lindsey's case on an upcomming show.... http://www.q13fox.com/community/wamostwanted/

I also found this missing sex offender while searching on WMW's site: http://www.q13fox.com/community/wamostwanted/kcpq-070309-wmw-arthurconrady,0,329264.story "He could be a danger to your child, and police don't know where he is."

I still think it's crazy that a 10 yr old child, walking on a residential street (supposedly), vanished without a single person living on those streets...seeing her. The only people or person to see her were witnesses and stated she was more than half way home. I find it very strange. Either LB went a "back way" into someones home or performed magic and just disappeared. I can't believe that no one saw her taken straight off of a street. If she was taken that way, that perp had some balls for doing so... right in front of homes.

It is amazing Cajun and I wonder if he had noticed and was watching Lindsey before she was seen by the 2 witnesses, maybe sitting in a parked car :eek: It might be hard for a witness to recall what cars were parked where. Remembering too that witness testimony is the least accurate of all. It wouldn't hurt tho to have them both hypnotized to see if there is anything else they noticed. It might just help LE get a bit more info and that might be all they need to pin the tail on a donkey they have been looking at!

We know absolutely nothing about this second witness. I always thought it was a possible conjured up back up for the first witness. Maybe not and who knows. But 2 witnesses seeing her at the same time and place, one coming in 4 days after the fact just seems fishy to me. xox

As I posted in the last thread.. I'm so used to the kids being outside my house yelling and playing I wouldn't notice if one screamed in terror or in play.
By 9pm my drapes are closed and I don't even know a car has pulled up in front of my house until someone knocks and my dogs bark.
I can see how someone could kidnap a child and no one would notice.

Seriouslysearching, I knew you knew I wasn't implying anything. (how's that for proper English? lol) I just wanted to make sure I didn't give the wrong impression about the intent of my post. The rest of the message was my opinion. :)

On another note, here are some interesting links about search dogs:
http://leerburg.com/track.htm

This one explains the different types of tracking dogs:
http://www.portarthur.com/tbsar/K9glossary.htm

http://animals.howstuffworks.com/animal-facts/sar-dog2.htm

"Tracking dogs need a "last seen" starting point, an article with the person's scent on it to work from and an uncontaminated trail. "

It is amazing Cajun and I wonder if he had noticed and was watching Lindsey before she was seen by the 2 witnesses, maybe sitting in a parked car :eek: It might be hard for a witness to recall what cars were parked where. Remembering too that witness testimony is the least accurate of all. It wouldn't hurt tho to have them both hypnotized to see if there is anything else they noticed. It might just help LE get a bit more info and that might be all they need to pin the tail on a donkey they have been looking at!

We know absolutely nothing about this second witness. I always thought it was a possible conjured up back up for the first witness. Maybe not and who knows. But 2 witnesses seeing her at the same time and place, one coming in 4 days after the fact just seems fishy to me. xox
LOL I thought I was the only one who always wants to use a hypnotherapist to see if there is something more from a witness. ;)

I am two threads behind on my reading, so I'm sorry if this has already been discussed. There are a few things that stand out to me, but something that I can't get past is the conversation that JVK had with "Mark",the local adult beverage enthusiast. (JVK....you deserve some kind of "WS super hero" award or something..... :blowkiss: :clap: :bow: :rocker: :toast:). He mentioned that a guy named Peter doesn't like the Baum family, that she was into the internet, and that "Eric" who lives in the NE part of town probably did it. Then (I think on 7/1) there was the arrest of an SO named "Derek". Is it possible that our drunk informant slurred or mistakenly said "Eric" instead of "Derek" when he was telling JVK who he thought was responsible for LB's disappearance?? Just wondering because I worked in a bar for a while during undergrad, so I've been around plenty of drunks (not even going to GO THERE when it comes to my own experiences...lol). I would never discredit the info he (or JVK) provided...but I wouldn't put it past him to slur his words or confuse similar names. Anyone else think this is significant.....or am I just making something from nothing?

DogMom2JoeAndWillie

We need people to make something of nothing because nothing + nothing = nothing.:)

Good point, DogMom! I, too bartended and have drinking "experience." VERY possible scenario.

Cheers! To Lindsey!

while a hypnotherapist sounds like a good idea for the witnesses. from what i've heard many of the courts will not allow someone who has been hypnotized to be put on the stand during a trial. if they get that far.

while a hypnotherapist sounds like a good idea for the witnesses. from what i've heard many of the courts will not allow someone who has been hypnotized to be put on the stand during a trial. if they get that far.
Finding her to me is more important than a witness being on the stand unless they can identify the actual perp.

That being said...it is high time they realized the value of a qualified hypnotherapist during court cases. It isn't a matter of a person interpreting reactions such as a polygraph examiner. The words come directly from the witness and can be verified by audio/video taped sessions.

brass, gold, lol whatever you wish... :floorlaugh:

And...just my opinion... I still think it's wack that no one would have seen this 10 yr old child get into a vehicle on a residential street.

1. she knew this person and saw no harm in jumping in the vehicle (secluded area or not)
2. she was picked up in a secluded area by a stranger & screamed...but no one heard her
3. she walked into someones home, building, church, store & never came out

She managed to do one of these things & not be caught on video...not be seen by anyone else except the "2 witnesses"...

Maybe she was annoyed with things...her squabble with Josh, no friends could sleep over, her parents divorce... maybe enough was enough to her & she just said "im leaving"...headed to a place that she liked to "getaway". I've said this before... maybe it was the creek, maybe it was the water tower, maybe it was another friends house, maybe it was someones home/garage/store that she had never been to before ALONE. maybe some creep at that place still has her...AT THAT PLACE.

LOL I thought I was the only one who always wants to use a hypnotherapist to see if there is something more from a witness. ;)

It has been in the back of my mind for awhile now. The 2 witnesses are one concrete thing LE has talked about besides the rest of the profile they have put out there. I think they need to make the most of it. Hypnosis is very commonly used I think and tho it is not acceptable for court it might open up a new venue for LE by what is learned.

They'd also learn right away if what the witnesses said was verifiable and they really saw her. They are not telling us much. The dog search shows that up. They said the dogs didn't pick up her scent, and yet I believe they also said in places her scent was facing - at the park or places where she played. What's up with that? Maybe that is why we have heard nothing new or additional about the 2nd witness. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500