WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #7

You're right Jennifer. I also think of the main trunk of I5 going up past Seattle a bit an area that would be within range of an active sexual predator on the roam.

That would also fit in if this person say lives in the rural area of Elma down to Montesano that as LE has suggested might stop in town once a week on a Fri nite. He might be the friend of a friend of the family or someone who has attended her church, the relative of a girl scout leader, etc. And it would totally fit.

We have no indication she is dead other than the time she has been missing which is not an error proof reason to believe that. Who ever took her might not have been caught for a sex crime yet, nor killed before.

I am hoping beyond hope that someone knows something and will be brave enough to come forward, even if they are financially dependent on that person which well might be the case. An older guy still alive in his mid 60's say will most likely still have a wife who has not preceded him in death acc to statistics - I think! xox

xox

Olympia to Seattle is an easy commute. Yakima is on the otherside of Steven's pass which seems to be a barrier for many from this area. You may have to be from the area to get how Yakima is far away.

I am trying to think of criminal we had here that was working both sides of the pass, aside from a trucker who makes the run frequently I can think of anyone. MOO

Olympia to Seattle is an easy commute. Yakima is on the otherside of Steven's pass which seems to be a barrier for many from this area. You may have to be from the area to get how Yakima is far away.

I am trying to think of criminal we had here that was working both sides of the pass, aside from a trucker who makes the run frequently I can think of anyone. MOO

The route via Stevens Pass is the loooong way to Yakima.

I-90 (over Snoqualmie Pass) or Hwy 12 (White Pass) are much shorter routes from the coast area.

I don't think they've ever found the killer/abductor of Adrianna (sp?) Jackson who disappeared from Lakewood (essentially Tacoma).
Thread link:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33075&highlight=Tacoma
You are correct, Adre'anna Jackson's killer hasn't been "found" or identified. It was suspected that Zinna Linick's killer, Terapon Adhahn might have been responsible for Adre'annas death as well, but no conclusive DNA evidence was found so he could very likely not be Andre'anna's killer. I have wondered about the similarities between Adre'anna and Lindsey from the very beginning, but can't find much information on Adre'anna. They were the same age, had similar coloring/facial features, very close in height and weight and both disappeared on a Friday (Andre'anna in the morning and Lindsey in the evening) while walking alone not far from their homes.
Here is a link to the poster for Andre'anna:
http://www.i91.ctc.edu/crimestoppers/20070325/
I'm really curious to see what WS'rs can pull up as to the similarities between these two girls.

You are correct, Adre'anna Jackson's killer hasn't been "found" or identified. It was suspected that Zinna Linick's killer, Terapon Adhahn might have been responsible for Adre'annas death as well, but no conclusive DNA evidence was found so he could very likely not be Andre'anna's killer. I have wondered about the similarities between Adre'anna and Lindsey from the very beginning, but can't find much information on Adre'anna. They were the same age, had similar coloring/facial features, very close in height and weight and both disappeared on a Friday (Andre'anna in the morning and Lindsey in the evening) while walking alone not far from their homes.
Here is a link to the poster for Andre'anna:
http://www.i91.ctc.edu/crimestoppers/20070325/
I'm really curious to see what WS'rs can pull up as to the similarities between these two girls.

There is quite a resemblance between the two girls. Maybe there's a serial rapist/killer in Washington. I don't think there is a reward in Lindsey's case...Wonder why!!! There should and needs to be one!! mho

The route via Stevens Pass is the loooong way to Yakima.

I-90 (over Snoqualmie Pass) or Hwy 12 (White Pass) are much shorter routes from the coast area.

I meant Snoqualmie. I should probably stop reading the boards while I am working, or at least posting LOL

There is quite a resemblance between the two girls. Maybe there's a serial rapist/killer in Washington. I don't think there is a reward in Lindsey's case...Wonder why!!! There should and needs to be one!! mho

In the last thread I posted articles about numerous abduction attempts within 30 minutes of Olympia of young teen girls. Then I found these four missing teens, all since spring of this year, also all but one was in about the same/little larger radius to Olympia. All four of them are listed as endangered runaways. Similar physical descriptions....

Attachments

• NCMC1116766c1.jpg
    NCMC1116766c1.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 18
  • NCMC1123615c1.jpg
    NCMC1123615c1.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 21
  • NCMC1125118c1.jpg
    NCMC1125118c1.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 19
  • NCMC1126855c1.jpg
    NCMC1126855c1.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 21
Do any of the other locals have any information on the Elma teen who's mom says is missing but LE is calling a runaway? I heard about it at the Bear Festival, but I can't find anything online.

Do any of the other locals have any information on the Elma teen who's mom says is missing but LE is calling a runaway? I heard about it at the Bear Festival, but I can't find anything online.

I read about that over on one of the other websites. I have searched online for a few days and I'm not finding anything. Do you have a name?

Out of the four teens shown above, three of them, at least physically are similar. Sky Belieu seems out of place, she almost seems closer to Lindsey's description than the descriptions of the other girls. Of course from the drug references in Sky's photobucket (I have link, but she is a minor, so I don't know if I can post it.) I can see why the police believe she ran away. I am siding with them on her.

I don't think this is part of a series, unless Lindsey was the first in the series. Serials start in a comfort zone, a place they know and feel safe. As time goes on, they move further away. This is generally true with any serial offender. If this person's comfort zone is McCleary, then they knew Lindsey, and the original observations and deductions stand. The only way that I can conceive of this being part of a series is if the killer came off the freeway, but in that case, we need to go nationwide in the hunt for similar MO's.

MOO

Out of the four teens shown above, three of them, at least physically are similar. Sky Belieu seems out of place, she almost seems closer to Lindsey's description than the descriptions of the other girls. Of course from the drug references in Sky's photobucket (I have link, but she is a minor, so I don't know if I can post it.) I can see why the police believe she ran away. I am siding with them on her.

I don't think this is part of a series, unless Lindsey was the first in the series. Serials start in a comfort zone, a place they know and feel safe. As time goes on, they move further away. This is generally true with any serial offender. If this person's comfort zone is McCleary, then they knew Lindsey, and the original observations and deductions stand. The only way that I can conceive of this being part of a series is if the killer came off the freeway, but in that case, we need to go nationwide in the hunt for similar MO's.

MOO

I think with the troubled teens they frequently leave on their own at the beginning and then end up with someone who knows how vulnerable they are.

In the last thread I posted articles about numerous abduction attempts within 30 minutes of Olympia of young teen girls. Then I found these four missing teens, all since spring of this year, also all but one was in about the same/little larger radius to Olympia. All four of them are listed as endangered runaways. Similar physical descriptions....
I don't think that the runaways you listed are connected to Lindsey's case (just my opinion) but I do think that you have something as far as the possibility some of the "runaways" are connected. I had noticed quite a few bodies of teenagers were found in Enumclaw, not far from Tacoma. It occured to me it could be a dumping ground for a predator. The website link is:
http://community.seattletimes.nwsource.com/archive/?date=19911121&slug=1318612
Here are some of the victims:

1. Anna Lee Chebetnoy, 14, of Puyallup, found Sept. 17, 1991, off Highway 410 east of Enumclaw. Last seen in Puyallup. Found near where a Sumner teenager's remains discovered in 1990.

2. Remains of woman found Sept. 11, 1991, 10 miles east of Enumclaw near Highway 410. Remains were of woman with African-American characteristics. Stood 4 feet 11 inches to 5 feet 2. Was 17 to 24-years-old. Had been dead at least two years.

3. Marta Reeves, 37, of Bothell. Found Sept. 20, 1990, eight miles east of Enumclaw off Highway 410. Believed to have disappeared from Seattle, where she had been arrested twice for prostitution. **not a teen..but suspicious because of being dumped in same area**

4. Kimberly DeLange, 15, of Sumner found Aug. 20, 1988, east of Enumclaw off Highway 410, where Chebetnoy was found this September. Last seen at Puyallup shopping center.

Kimberly and Anna were from Sumner and Puyallup which are towns not far from each other (15-20 minute drive) and you go through Puyallup and Sumner to get to hiway 410, where the bodies were found.

These victims are also interesting because although they were found very close to where they disappeared, they were from the Tacoma area, which is also close to Puyallup and Sumner.

5. Shannon L. Pease, 15, of Tacoma. Found April 4, 1988, in field in Lakewood. Believed to have disappeared April 3, 1988, from Ponders Corner in Tacoma area.

6. Jennifer Bastian, 13, of Tacoma, found Aug. 28, 1986, in Point Defiance Park, where had been riding bicycle when she disappeared Aug. 4, 1986. Police believe think she was a victim of a serial killer who also murdered Michella Welch.

7. Denise L. Sallee, 17, of Pierce County. Found partly buried in Parkland on March 29, 1986. Disappeared from Tacoma shopping-mall bowling alley Jan. 24, 1986.

8. Michella Welch, 12, of Tacoma. Disappeared March 26, 1986, while playing with younger sisters at Tacoma's Puget Park. Body found the same evening. (doesn't say where body was found, I am assuming it must of been close to where she disappeared because of how quickly she was found. Either way, it was a hasty disposal)

Due to the close proximity of disappearance location and body discovery as well as victim age, this victim might be related to the ones above as well:

9. Debbie Gonzales, 14, of Auburn found Sept. 26, 1987, in woods off Auburn-Black Diamond Highway west of Black Diamond. No obvious cause of death.

If these are connected, it looks like a serial killer who was relatively "new" in 1986 and was acting on impulse and disposing of the bodies just as carelessly. Then, between Jennifer Bastian in April, 1988 and Kim DeLange, August 1988, began getting more careful with the body disposal by taking them to a more remote location. (Enumclaw and Black Diamond) Enumclaw and Black Diamond are directly connected via hiway 169, which also takes you to hiway 410. 410 runs West to East. You would use hiway 410 to get to Enumclaw from the Tacoma area. 410 runs through to Yakima.

This is all just speculation and like I said, probably has nothing to do with Lindsey. Mods, please feel free to move this post if you feel it doesn't belong here. I still think the information is valuable to some missing person case so hopefully you will move rather than delete it.

I read about that over on one of the other websites. I have searched online for a few days and I'm not finding anything. Do you have a name?

No, but I was told that her mom had made a missing poster for her and that it was posted on the door at Everybody's grocery store in Elma. I may have to drive over there to take a look.

I don't think that the runaways you listed are connected to Lindsey's case (just my opinion) but I do think that you have something as far as the possibility some of the "runaways" are connected. I had noticed quite a few bodies of teenagers were found in Enumclaw, not far from Tacoma. It occured to me it could be a dumping ground for a predator. The website link is:
http://community.seattletimes.nwsource.com/archive/?date=19911121&slug=1318612
Here are some of the victims:

This is all just speculation and like I said, probably has nothing to do with Lindsey. Mods, please feel free to move this post if you feel it doesn't belong here. I still think the information is valuable to some missing person case so hopefully you will move rather than delete it.

Respectfully snipped for space. I don't think any of us here have the knowledge to be able to say what does or does not pertain to Lindsey at this point. All avenues should be examined. Even long shots or things that don't seem to connect at this time. You never know. In my opinion, the "runaways" probably aren't connected, but who knows.

Hi All ~

I'm sticking with the charts.

Until LE comes up with something better ... She knew him ~

I agree - I think she knew him, perhaps not well, but certainly by sight. I'm not sure what charts you are referring to but I'm referring to statistics and research and the little bit we do know...which is not much!!!

Evenin' All......Long time lurker (and Thanker) - first time poster. Started to post many times previously - but by the time I figured out how I wanted to say what I wanted to say.....someone else beat me to it! You guys are fantastic and amazing and I am honored to a member of this group! Also - please forgive me if I don't do this right - right in the middle of *this post - my handy-dandy wireless mouse (which I cannot live without) .......died - and I'm working with the laptop mouse (no fun).

Ok - as to the reason I'm writing - (I'm sure you're wondering by now) this may mean something - this may not - but after reading the description about the truck in the Tumwater abduction attempt - I remembered seeing a similar truck somewhere (I have a partially photographic memory - can be a blessing and a curse) - I took a look back at the pics that JVK took - and *Bingo! If you look at the pics that contain the "Produce Truck" that was discussed - just to the left of that truck, parked next to the service station - is a small, low slung older, black truck. At first I could not tell if its windows were tinted or not - but on one pic - you can see the windows are rolled halfway down and they are either tinted - or very very dirty. Of course - you cannot see the tailgate and/or stickers if there are any there. Again - this is probably nothing - but you never know if nothing is nothing until you find the something you're seeking.

I'm sorry for making you guys go back and look at the pics "manually" - I cannot figure how to link them here with this silly mouse - until I get new batteries tomorrow - I'm linkless, I guess!

Evenin' All......Long time lurker (and Thanker) - first time poster. Started to post many times previously - but by the time I figured out how I wanted to say what I wanted to say.....someone else beat me to it! You guys are fantastic and amazing and I am honored to a member of this group! Also - please forgive me if I don't do this right - right in the middle of *this post - my handy-dandy wireless mouse (which I cannot live without) .......died - and I'm working with the laptop mouse (no fun).

Ok - as to the reason I'm writing - (I'm sure you're wondering by now) this may mean something - this may not - but after reading the description about the truck in the Tumwater abduction attempt - I remembered seeing a similar truck somewhere (I have a partially photographic memory - can be a blessing and a curse) - I took a look back at the pics that JVK took - and *Bingo! If you look at the pics that contain the "Produce Truck" that was discussed - just to the left of that truck, parked next to the service station - is a small, low slung older, black truck. At first I could not tell if its windows were tinted or not - but on one pic - you can see the windows are rolled halfway down and they are either tinted - or very very dirty. Of course - you cannot see the tailgate and/or stickers if there are any there. Again - this is probably nothing - but you never know if nothing is nothing until you find the something you're seeking.

I'm sorry for making you guys go back and look at the pics "manually" - I cannot figure how to link them here with this silly mouse - until I get new batteries tomorrow - I'm linkless, I guess!

Hi Ladybug, We luv our lurkers like we do our locals, and what a HELLO post that was.

Velly Intellesting and I'm going to check it out now as we have a thread dedicated to jvk's fine photos.

I'm one that always gets over exuberant when something like this is found so am hoping that if others agree it could be the same truck, one of them will forward that photo to the powers that be either in Montesano or Olympia. I think I saw a lady officer with the OPD discussing the case on video, but don't know where the tip line is. xox

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
therealdrreid
Back