WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #7

Wow, great eye LadyBug, here's a link to the best photo of the truck, with window partially rolled down:
http://s242.photobucket.com/albums/...y-800/Set01/?action=view&current=DSCF2098.jpg

The rest can be found in this set of photos: http://s242.photobucket.com/albums/ff92/BGL78/McCleary02/McCleary-800/Set01/?start=80

So Norm, What 'cha think? Is it a low rider? Does it look like someone is sitting in the truck or is that the metal of the back right corner of the cab that connects the back and right side windows?

See, here I go, but LadyBug, I think it might be apropos to send a link of that photo to both tiplines. If you don't have the facility to do that now I am sure someone else would. My mouse is very naughty in cooperating!

So Norm, What 'cha think? Is it a low rider? Does it look like someone is sitting in the truck or is that the metal of the back right corner of the cab that connects the back and right side windows?

It fits the description except it is not lowered (and obviously we can't tell if there are stickers on it or not).

ETA: It could be that to a 14 year old that truck would be considered "lowered". But it isn't. It is sitting on stock tires, stock rims at stock height.

It's definitely an older model, as in the description.
I'm not sure that it could be considered "small" according to the description but it's definitely smaller than many of the newer models out there. It has a longish box as this photo shows but the general truck body does look slightly small:

http://s242.photobucket.com/albums/...y-800/Set01/?action=view&current=DSCF2092.jpg

Tinted windows? Difficult to say, it really doesn't look like the side window is tinted but it's unclear to me by the description of the reported truck just "how" tinted they mean. It does appear to have some slight tint to it, especially on the front glass.

I downloaded the photos to my photo software to see what I could do about grabbing up more clarity. I don't believe anyone is sitting in the vehicle which may mean the owner could actually work at that location? If that were true it might be worth checking into employees.

Unfortunately, as LadyBug indicates (wow, what an eye), reported stickers cannot be seen in the photos, even if they exist.

It does look like it rides low for a truck. I don't think it's a "low rider" but to me it does appear to ride low as many older trucks do.

Pretty interesting in any event.

Actually, I took a closer look at the photo I posted above and this truck body blends into the dark colored low sitting car beside it, which makes the body look like it's sitting lower than it does. The truck actually sits pretty high. I would never describe it as riding low.

It's definitely an older model, as in the description.
I'm not sure that it could be considered "small" according to the description but it's definitely smaller than many of the newer models out there. It has a longish box as this photo shows but the general truck body does look slightly small:

http://s242.photobucket.com/albums/...y-800/Set01/?action=view&current=DSCF2092.jpg

Tinted windows? Difficult to say, it really doesn't look like the side window is tinted but it's unclear to me by the description of the reported truck just "how" tinted they mean. It does appear to have some slight tint to it, especially on the front glass.

I downloaded the photos to my photo software to see what I could do about grabbing up more clarity. I don't believe anyone is sitting in the vehicle which may mean the owner could actually work at that location? If that were true it might be worth checking into employees.

Unfortunately, as LadyBug indicates (wow, what an eye), reported stickers cannot be seen in the photos, even if they exist.

It does look like it rides low for a truck. I don't think it's a "low rider" but to me it does appear to ride low as many older trucks do.

Pretty interesting in any event.

Ya Ya Norm, At first I thought boy, that truck has a long back end or bed. Then I looked closer {@ 100%} and there is a black car behind it. Then it seemed to me it was the regular length of a small truck.

Thanks to Angel Who Cares I found an email address for the tipline if any one wants to send the photo with an expanation of who took it, when, etc. We know jvk talked to the police in McCleary, so they will have knowledge of his sleuthing the town with photos. xox

soadmin@co.grays-harbor.wa.us email address for Lindsey tipline.

Ya Ya Norm, At first I thought boy, that truck has a long back end or bed. Then I looked closer {@ 100%} and there is a black car behind it. Then it seemed to me it was the regular length of a small truck.

Thanks to Angel Who Cares I found an email address for the tipline if any one wants to send the photo with an expanation of who took it, when, etc. We know jvk talked to the police in McCleary, so they will have knowledge of his sleuthing the town with photos. xox

It's actually riding pretty high as well. Here's a photo that shows what appears to be the bottom of the box (red line). You might need to download and zoom in to see the red line well, it's quite a crop.

Addition (link that actually works, I hope): http://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=4366&stc=1&d=1247881584

Attachments

• truck.jpg
    truck.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 40

Enlarging it with a photo editor, the truck does look like a long bed...but it's hard to tell without another near it to compare. It actually reminds me of my ex's chevy s-10 longbed he's had for awhile...early 80's model.

It's actually riding pretty high as well. Here's a photo that shows what appears to be the bottom of the box (red line). You might need to download and zoom in to see the red line well, it's quite a crop.

Norm, you forgot the link! lol

The emblem on the side reminds me of the Toyota (maybe even a Datsun) emblem.. late 70's-early 80's Toyota (or Datsun) Longbed

I can confirm that later when my husband gets home from work. He's the truck expert of the family. lol

Enlarging it with a photo editor, the truck does look like a long bed...but it's hard to tell without another near it to compare. It actually reminds me of my ex's chevy s-10 longbed he's had for awhile...early 80's model.

The emblem on the side reminds me of the Toyota (maybe even a Datsun) emblem.. late 70's-early 80's Toyota (or Datsun) Longbed

I can confirm that later when my husband gets home from work. He's the truck expert of the family. lol

Thanks Jennifer and McCleary, There is a better photo than the one Norm linked to that shows the cab with the window half way down and it looks like tinted glass to me. I know nothing about cars tho. xox

Norm, you forgot the link! lol

Sorry, still trying to figure out the best way to post some of these smaller photos online. Let's see what I can do about this one. I zoomed in in my photo program, did a print screen, and uploaded. Hopefully this will work. The other one I posted was the size of a postage stamp :boohoo:

The photo is zoomed quite a bit so please forgive the pixilation. The red line seems to determine the bottom of the bed.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=4366&stc=1&d=1247881584

Attachments

• truck2.jpg
    truck2.jpg
    244.2 KB · Views: 78

Attachments

• truck3.jpg
    truck3.jpg
    197 KB · Views: 50
Fiance is going with a 1974-1978 generic Chevy with an 8 foot bed.

Also it doesn't seem to have tinted windows, just dirty or possibly very greasy, but that's my opinion. Our truck has tinted windows, I just don't see tint in the pictures.

Here's a close up of the window. It appears to have a sliverish tow hitch on the front, which wasn't included in the description of the truck in question.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=4367&stc=1&d=1247882201

Sorry, still trying to figure out the best way to post some of these smaller photos online. Let's see what I can do about this one. I zoomed in in my photo program, did a print screen, and uploaded. Hopefully this will work. The other one I posted was the size of a postage stamp :boohoo:

The photo is zoomed quite a bit so please forgive the pixilation. The red line seems to determine the bottom of the bed.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=4366&stc=1&d=1247881584

Thanks Norm, Does it look to you like it is lower in the front than the back or is it parked on a bit of a slope. Ta

Mods - I apologize it this is not allowed, but I think it is since it is a free program.

For those that need a decent free photo editor, I use Picasa 3.
http://picasa.google.com/
It's nothing like what you will get from Photoshop or one of the other big names, but it's not bad for free.

Welcome to posting, LadyBugSTL~ Partial photographic memory...Wow! We can sure use one of those around here! Thanks for spotting the truck. Amazing~ Keep posting and forget about lurking!!

While the truck may not look like a "low rider", it may have looked lower to the girl if there were three 18 yo males riding around in the back of it. It only said they jumped out of the truck...didn't say from where. LE should be advised of the photos just in case they could also pull video from somewhere during the timeframe that JVK was in town shooting them. ;) They need a license plate number.

Probably has nothing to do with anything, but in this photo there looks to be a 17-19 yo possibly behind the counter of the Harley shop.

http://s242.photobucket.com/albums/...y-800/Set01/?action=view&current=DSCF2094.jpg

Evenin' All......Long time lurker (and Thanker) - first time poster. Started to post many times previously - but by the time I figured out how I wanted to say what I wanted to say.....someone else beat me to it! You guys are fantastic and amazing and I am honored to a member of this group! Also - please forgive me if I don't do this right - right in the middle of *this post - my handy-dandy wireless mouse (which I cannot live without) .......died - and I'm working with the laptop mouse (no fun).

Ok - as to the reason I'm writing - (I'm sure you're wondering by now) this may mean something - this may not - but after reading the description about the truck in the Tumwater abduction attempt - I remembered seeing a similar truck somewhere (I have a partially photographic memory - can be a blessing and a curse) - I took a look back at the pics that JVK took - and *Bingo! If you look at the pics that contain the "Produce Truck" that was discussed - just to the left of that truck, parked next to the service station - is a small, low slung older, black truck. At first I could not tell if its windows were tinted or not - but on one pic - you can see the windows are rolled halfway down and they are either tinted - or very very dirty. Of course - you cannot see the tailgate and/or stickers if there are any there. Again - this is probably nothing - but you never know if nothing is nothing until you find the something you're seeking.

I'm sorry for making you guys go back and look at the pics "manually" - I cannot figure how to link them here with this silly mouse - until I get new batteries tomorrow - I'm linkless, I guess!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back