WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
What confuses me is most of the markers in Puff's map are on one side of the river. But her body was found on the opposite side of the river... and only a few bridges cross over...seems difficult if it was planned this way. Why not just drop her in the National forest adjacent to PC?

Agreed, there are certainly pieces missing. We know for certain that she was at the hair academy, boat ramp, CB, and her car was found in PC. What is the connection? Was she alive at CB? Did she drive her car to PC?

Hopefully LE has a better handle on the events/locations.

just a question...
my mind keeps going back to the different paints used to mark the CB site... why 2 different colors? what if LE used one color, and the other color (yellow) was used by a "gang" to "tag" their crime? could the "SLM" be the gang name, like Chelan's i think is "BLP"? and the yellow "B" that was near could mean something to the "gang"? just thinking... anyone have anything that will close the door on this line of thought?

So when in this scenario would her car have been dumped? Are you assuming her car was driven there, or they returned to get her car and then dumped it? Thanks for the insight...!

I was thinking that the car was dumped prior to taking her to CB.

Here is another thought, maybe CB was not the planned dumpsite? There are many lakes above CB as well as lakes surrounding Quincy. Maybe she was taken to a different site and the murder had to back track and decided to dump her at CB.

If I remember correctly, there was a body or two dumped at Quincy lakes several years ago. Also, I cannot remember the name of the lake; however, on the way to Quincy there is a large lake on the left. While I cannot remember the details, a heard a body was discovered in that lake over 20 years ago and to the best of my knowledge the case remains unsolved. I also know of a place, where I fished as a child that is by the junkyard near Quincy. A couple of years ago I went there, scouting for a good fishing spot. It is now very run down and eerie. I reminded me of a place where Ted Bundy may have dropped off a body. There were also some individuals of a questionable nature hanging out around the lake. Not a family fishing trip, I left and have not been back.

If she was alive and subdued, maybe she was taken to a more secluded area near Quincy in Grant County. That would mean the murder took place in another jurisdiction.

The place near the junkyard is secluded and away from civilization; anything could be done, anytime of day, without attracting attention.

I was thinking that the car was dumped prior to taking her to CB.

A few hours is a lot of time in that small town IMHO. There would have been plenty of time for Mac, the car and the perp or perps to make it to CB, have an altercation resulting in her demise, attempt a covering of brush and/or an attempt at submersion in the river... a realization that the sun is getting low, MC and her car are going to be missed soon if they haven't been already... a rushed clean up and then a drive to PC, taking the back roads where they can. The car is dumped in the first convenient location possible. But this is all speculation of course.

Here is another thought, maybe CB was not the planned dumpsite? There are many lakes above CB as well as lakes surrounding Quincy. Maybe she was taken to a different site and the murder had to back track and decided to dump her at CB.

If I remember correctly, there was a body or two dumped at Quincy lakes several years ago. Also, I cannot remember the name of the lake; however, on the way to Quincy there is a large lake on the left. While I cannot remember the details, a heard a body was discovered in that lake over 20 years ago and to the best of my knowledge the case remains unsolved. I also know of a place, where I fished as a child that is by the junkyard near Quincy. A couple of years ago I went there, scouting for a good fishing spot. It is now very run down and eerie. I reminded me of a place where Ted Bundy may have dropped off a body. There were also some individuals of a questionable nature hanging out around the lake. Not a family fishing trip, I left and have not been back.

If she was alive and subdued, maybe she was taken to a more secluded area near Quincy in Grant County. That would mean the murder took place in another jurisdiction.

The place near the junkyard is secluded and away from civilization; anything could be done, anytime of day, without attracting attention.

I just hate the thought of her terrible ordeal lasting more than a few hours, and if there was indeed a separate site from CB and PC then it seems almost impossible for one person to have carried out this crime unless it was totally premeditated.

Still searching for meanings, if any,

slm - the arabic root of Islam meaning "to be whole and at peace"

http://www.jrank.org/cultures/pages/5623/Islamic-mythology.html

This site defines it as "to make peace, to surrender"
http://www.instadv.ucsb.edu/93106/2001/oct8/islam/islam.html

Maybe I should make something regarding the "SLM" because it seems to have been lost by now.

In my original post regarding the 3 big, yellow spray painted letters, I stated that I was UNABLE to ascertain what the letters were in fact, but that, if I was forced to venture a GUESS, it would be "S-L-M".

It is very likely that these are NOT the actually letters.

I just wanted to make that clear before it became idealized as "fact."

No worries.

A few hours is a lot of time in that small town IMHO. There would have been plenty of time for Mac, the car and the perp or perps to make it to CB, have an altercation resulting in her demise, attempt a covering of brush and/or an attempt at submersion in the river... a realization that the sun is getting low, MC and her car are going to be missed soon if they haven't been already... a rushed clean up and then a drive to PC, taking the back roads where they can. The car is dumped in the first convenient location possible. But this is all speculation of course.

I agree; however, the intent would have been premeditated murder. I would buy it if they went down there to fool around or something and there was an accident and then panic.

Del, have you ever been to the lake behind the junkyard near Quincy? I would like to know your thoughts about this location. I want to make sure my imagination was not getting the best of me. The last time I was there I left and would be okay if I never went back.

I agree; however, the intent would have been premeditated murder. I would buy it if they went down there to fool around or something and there was an accident and then panic.

I hate to say it but IMHO, it's starting to seem more and more like it was premeditated and less like an accident or even spur of the moment crime. And if it wasn't exactly planned, it had to at least have been pondered.

all speculation.

I hate to say it but IMHO, it's starting to seem more and more like it was premeditated and less like an accident or even spur of the moment crime. And if it wasn't exactly planned, it had to at least have been pondered.

all speculation.

I agree, I think that there was intent to harm.

Just trying to keep up.

'SLM' - where is it (geographically)? Where is it in the thread? Arrgh! Help me out please.

Del, have you ever been to the lake behind the junkyard near Quincy? I would like to know your thoughts about this location. I want to make sure my imagination was not getting the best of me. The last time I was there I left and would be okay if I never went back.

Are you referring to the junk yard just off of Highway 281 or one off of White Trail Road?

Thanks for the post Del Rio.

Clears it up and gives me someplace to go re-read.

I know this is somewhat belated, but in regards to the issue of which county would have jurisdiction if no murder scene was found, the answer is simple: all of them.

King County Superior Court, Kitsap County Superior Court, Asotin County Superior Court, and etc. have JURISDICTION to preside over this murder or any other murder committed in this State. The jurisdiction (i.e., power or authority) of the superior courts of this State extend to all four corners of the State.

VENUE (which is different than jurisdiction) is most proper in Douglas County, so long as the murder scene is not found elsewhere.

Yes, sorry it took so long, I had to look at a map. Is the lake Crater Lake?

I haven't heard of that lake. I'm pretty sure the lakes where the bodies were found that you referred to were the Quincy Lakes. Those lakes are directly above the cliffs located about 4 miles down river from CB.

I haven't heard of that lake. I'm pretty sure the lakes where the bodies were found that you referred to were the Quincy Lakes. Those lakes are directly above the cliffs located about 4 miles down river from CB.

There is a lake at the end of the road by the junkyard. It is very creepy.

I think the body found at Quincy lakes was at the parking area near H lake.

There is a lake at the end of the road by the junkyard. It is very creepy.

I think the body found at Quincy lakes was at the parking area near H lake.

At the northern end of Whte Trail Road? That's Crater Lake. There's a junk yard nearby. It's just north of Highway 28 (i.e., the Wenatchee-Quincy highway).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member